Windows 10: Internet Speeds in Edge as compared to Windows OS.

Discus and support Internet Speeds in Edge as compared to Windows OS. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently ran a speed test in Edge using Ookla and the results were:-I also ran a speedtest using Ookla app for desktop and the results were:-can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by # ABHIRAM RAJ, May 11, 2021.

1. Internet Speeds in Edge as compared to Windows OS.

I recently ran a speed test in Edge using Ookla and the results were:-I also ran a speedtest using Ookla app for desktop and the results were:-can someone tell me what this is happening is Edge controlling my streaming speed or what the heck this is happening, I have two different download speeds in each case.

:)

# ABHIRAM RAJ, May 11, 2021

2. Edge browser slow internet download speeds compared to other browsers. (speedtest)

Hi Warped,

You can do the following steps for your Edge web browser:

• Open the Internet Explorer Browser
    • Click on the Gear icon on the upper right corner of the screen, and select
      Internet Options
    • On the General tab, under Browsing History, click Settings
    • On the Temporary Internet Files tab, click on Move folder
    • Choose the new location for “Temporary Internet Files” folder (like C:\Users\yourname)
    • Then set the Disk Space to use 1024MB and click OK
    • Click on Apply
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Robelene Win, May 11, 2021
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Slow speed when compared to others

Hi,

Conflicts with a third-party startup program is one of the possible reasons why your computer or Internet connection is slow. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• May we know if you are referring to the slow performance of your computer or the slow Internet connection speed?
    • Is your friend also connected to the same Internet connection?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.

Regards.

Eric Ber, May 11, 2021
  4. Internet Speeds in Edge as compared to Windows OS.

Internet Speed Faster in Safe Mode, Native Ookla App

From a SevenForums post by Samuria

Start your system normally

Get a command prompt. I would then suggest changing the directory to the root making the text files easier to find.

cd\

then the command

net start > norm.txt

This will list all services running in normal mode.

Start in Safe mode

Command prompt

cd\

then

net start > safe.txt

You can then compare these two lists. ( I might copy and paste text into a spreadsheet for comaprison purposes). I've google several articles and they all come back to an AV running in normal mode. I would check the list of services in normal mode. Could be an old AV that you removed but some component remains.

The original SevenForums thread

Safe Mode makes internet speed 50Mb/s faster Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums

Caledon Ken, May 11, 2021
Thema:

Internet Speeds in Edge as compared to Windows OS.

1. Internet Speeds in Edge as compared to Windows OS. - Similar Threads - Internet Speeds Edge

2. Wifi speed considerable slower compared to ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi speed considerable slower compared to ethernet: I have had to move my PC and can no longer use an ethernet connection and I am finding that my wifi speeds and ping are much worse. Not sure why this is or how I can improve this. I’m guessing it has something to do with my network adaptor - 802.11n Wireless LAN Card. When I...
  3. Wifi speed considerable slower compared to ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi speed considerable slower compared to ethernet: I have had to move my PC and can no longer use an ethernet connection and I am finding that my wifi speeds and ping are much worse. Not sure why this is or how I can improve this. I’m guessing it has something to do with my network adaptor - 802.11n Wireless LAN Card. When I...
  4. Wifi speed considerable slower compared to ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Internet speed not the same on PC compared to iphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet speed not the same on PC compared to iphone: I changed internet providers and set up my new Virgin hub yesterday, we are supposed to get 200mbps which we are getting on our phones but both mine and my boyfriends PCs are only maxing less than 40mbps internet speed. We have checked for spyware and such, updated our...
  6. Internet speed not the same on PC compared to iphone

Internet speed not the same on PC compared to iphone: I changed internet providers and set up my new Virgin hub yesterday, we are supposed to get 200mbps which we are getting on our phones but both mine and my boyfriends PCs are only maxing less than 40mbps internet speed. We have checked for spyware and such, updated our...
  7. Internet speed not the same on PC compared to iphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Internet speed is very slow in edge

Internet speed is very slow in edge: Recently i faced a very fu*king disgusting problem . My internet speed specially download speed is good enough but in edge it cant even cross 20kb/ps where my actual speed is nearly 50mb/ps . Please help me fast , i have some very important work !!...
  9. Windows 10 Internet Speed extremely slow compared to Linux

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Internet Speed extremely slow compared to Linux: submitted by /u/Aveniir [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i0jii7/windows_10_internet_speed_extremely_slow_compared/
  10. Internet Speeds

Internet Speeds: Hi folks, just looking for some information here. I have been a long-time Virgin Media customer and never really had cause to complain before. When we moved house back in May they had to do a fresh installation as they couldn't find the cable that came into the property...