Windows 10: Internet Staying Connected Problem; HP Laptop

Discus and support Internet Staying Connected Problem; HP Laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Grandson has a hp Laptop about a year old. W10 Wouldn't connect, but I was lucky enough to note in their manual that the Airplane Logo key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Robert11, May 7, 2020.

1. Robert11 Win User

Internet Staying Connected Problem; HP Laptop

Hello,

Grandson has a hp Laptop about a year old. W10

Wouldn't connect, but I was lucky enough to note in their manual that the Airplane Logo key controlled
    access to the internet, and was an On/Off key for. Youngster, and must have pressed it inadvertently; easy to do.
    That solved that problem for about a month.

Now, new problem:

Connects for about a few seconds to 1/2 minute, and then kicks him off. Every time. Using Comcast.
    Same with house WiFi, or an Ethernet cable to Comcast modem.

Two other pc's in house work fine.

Any thoughts as to what might be the problem, and what to check would
    be very appreciated.

Thanks,
    Bob

:)

Robert11, May 7, 2020
  2. Robert11 Win User

Hello,

Grandson has a hp Laptop about a year old. W10

Wouldn't connect, but I was lucky enough to note in their manual that the Airplane Logo key controlled
    access to the internet, and was an On/Off key for. Youngster, and must have pressed it inadvertently; easy to do.
    That solved that problem for about a month.

Now, new problem:

Connects for about a few seconds to 1/2 minute, and then kicks him off. Every time. Using Comcast.
    Same with house WiFi, or an Ethernet cable to Comcast modem.

Two other pc's in house work fine.

Any thoughts as to what might be the problem, and what to check would
    be very appreciated.

Thanks,
    Bob

Robert11, May 23, 2020
  3. Hp Laptop with Windows 10 won't stay connected to the Internet

I just bought an hp laptop with window 10 on it and it refuses to stay connected to any internet I connect it to. At home or at the college I attend. It will connect but then stop it and say that there are no connections available. Will this fix if I buy
    windows 7?

* Original title: Hp Laptop with Windows 10

Daisy Cedeno, May 23, 2020
  4. Internet Staying Connected Problem; HP Laptop

laptop cant connect or stay connected to internet

And please do check that is the connection problem is occurring with that specific WiFi router or with others too? Try to connect using different router, and if you don't have a router try connecting it to WiFi hotspot and test it.
    I had that problem when my old-router stopped working I replaced it with new one and in a day my laptop HP-450 was unable to connect to it whereas all other devices were connected. At first I had the same feeling that my laptop was not working and tried every thing but nothing worked. Then I tried connecting to my WiFi hotspot and it worked even in long range. Then I called Dlink and got it replaced. With the new router I had no problems.
    Also do check the number of devices connected.

Vineet Reddy, May 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Internet Staying Connected Problem; HP Laptop - Similar Threads - Internet Staying Connected

2. Lenova Laptop internet connection problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lenova Laptop internet connection problem: Dear Microsoft,im having a few issues with my Lenova tablet/laptop. I have BT internet it works with every other device in my house which are different ranges around. Unfortunately with my lenova, it connects ok when im beside the hub but once i move a short distance away it...
  3. PC will not stay connected to internet

PC will not stay connected to internet: I have an HP 15-dy1074nr with Windows 10 that will not stay connected to the internet. It is constantly disconnecting. This just started happening today. This is not a problem with my internet, as all other connected devices in my house have no problems....
  4. Computer will not stay connected to the internet

Computer will not stay connected to the internet: After connecting to the NBN I cannot get my computer to stay connected to the internet. It drops out after about 15 or so minutes. When I run the trouble shooter it quickly reconnects but I would like a stable connection. I have tried the online help but after 2 different...
  5. PC won't connect/stay connected to internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC won't connect/stay connected to internet: Please help, ASUS, windows 10 laptop refuses to connect or stay connected to xfinity wifi. It connects to my mobile hotspot no problem. All over devices can connect to xfinity. I've reset the laptop and modem. I've reset the network on the laptop. No luck. submitted by...
  6. Can't stay connected to the internet

Can't stay connected to the internet: Hello, I got a new PC about a month ago, and it's been smooth sailing until three days ago. Suddenly after I turned on my computer, it began telling me I was connected to my network, but there was no internet. Sometimes it stays connected to the internet for 20 minutes, and...
  7. Internet Staying Connected Problem; HP Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Internet Staying Connected Problem; HP Laptop: Hello, Grandson has a hp Laptop about a year old. W10 Wouldn't connect, but I was lucky enough to note in their manual that the Airplane Logo key controlled access to the internet, and was an On/Off key for. Youngster, and must have pressed it inadvertently; easy to do....
  8. Laptop internet connection problem

Laptop internet connection problem: Both laptops in our household are not connecting to the internet, although all our tablets and phones are fine. Both laptops were connecting fine early last week. Have there been updates or changes to Microsoft that would affect laptops connectivity?...
  9. hp laptop windows10 wont stay connected to wifi network

in Windows 10 Customization
    hp laptop windows10 wont stay connected to wifi network: have tried troubleshooting says cant identify ip address will connect for short time then say not connected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-laptop-windows10-wont-stay-connected-to-wifi/1f3a2826-2aa4-4754-8949-aeade591a858
  10. Hp Laptop with Windows 10 won't stay connected to the Internet

Hp Laptop with Windows 10 won't stay connected to the Internet: I just bought an hp laptop with window 10 on it and it refuses to stay connected to any internet I connect it to. At home or at the college I attend. It will connect but then stop it and say that there are no connections available. Will this fix if I buy windows 7? *...