Windows 10: Internet -stopped working on the laptop

Discus and support Internet -stopped working on the laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My internet has stopped working on my laptop. I have tried with an ethernet cable and still says connected no internet access. I have tried various... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SamanthaWolfe1, May 17, 2020.

1. Internet -stopped working on the laptop

My internet has stopped working on my laptop. I have tried with an ethernet cable and still says connected no internet access. I have tried various solutions but no luck. when in command the the ip config will not work and says media disconnected.

I believe I need to update my driver, however I have two issues. My laptop does not have enough disk space to update. I have a 16GB usb to use but I can't access the internet on the laptop now. Can you advise how to proceed? many thanks

:)

SamanthaWolfe1, May 17, 2020

2. Internet randomly stops working on laptop

Hi,

Several factors may affect your Internet connection that may potentially affect its performance or for it to stop working randomly. To better assist you, we would like to ask you a few questions:

• Is this the first time that you've encountered the issue using your laptop?
    • Have you made any recent changes on your laptop prior to this issue?
    • Did you encounter any error messages? If so, please send us a screenshot of the exact error.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed so far?

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Ronalene Mat, May 17, 2020
  3. Internet Explorer has stopped working

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing Internet Explorer on your device as it crashes.

Do let us know:

• If you have made any changes to the operating system that might have resulted in causing this issue?
    • If you were able to see any error code/ error message when Internet Explorer crashes?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onInternet Explorer Performance and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to perform some of the troubleshooting steps from the link below link, Turn off add-ons, Reset Internet Explorer Settings, Open the page in Compatibility View etc. and check if it helps:

What to do when Internet Explorer isn't working

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings
    feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you
    use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Also re-enable the add-ons..

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 17, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Internet -stopped working on the laptop

internet explorer has stopped working

Hi Lawrence,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

What is the exact error message you get?

I suggest you to refer the link below and follow the troubleshooting steps suggested.

What to do when Internet Explorer isn't working.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Do let us know if Internet Explorer started working. Thank you.

Pavan_N, May 17, 2020
Thema:

Internet -stopped working on the laptop

1. Internet -stopped working on the laptop - Similar Threads - Internet stopped working

2. Internet stopped working on laptop, hp spectre x360

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet stopped working on laptop, hp spectre x360: The internet on the laptop has been flipping between working fine and not working at all and I can’t get my work done because of it. I think it might have to do with a driver called intel wi-fi 6 ax201 160mhz it commonly gives an error code 10. I’ve tried updating,...
  3. Internet stopped working on laptop, hp spectre x360

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet stopped working on laptop, hp spectre x360: The internet on the laptop has been flipping between working fine and not working at all and I can’t get my work done because of it. I think it might have to do with a driver called intel wi-fi 6 ax201 160mhz it commonly gives an error code 10. I’ve tried updating,...
  4. Internet stopped working on laptop, hp spectre x360

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Laptop's Internet stops working, if I Toggle mobile hotspot!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop's Internet stops working, if I Toggle mobile hotspot!: HelloI searched a lot for my issue, but unable to find something useful, that is why I am looking towards a reply.Whenever I switch on Mobile hotspot on my laptop. My laptop's Internet starts to freak out and stops working but at the same time internet is working on other...
  6. Internet stopped working on Laptop

Internet stopped working on Laptop: My internet has stopped working recently on my laptop running Windows 10. When I run windows network diagnostics, it says there might be a problem with the driver for the Wi-Fi adapter. When I press view detailed information, it says “Windows couldn’t automatically bind the...
  7. Internet randomly stops working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet randomly stops working: (I apologize for bad english, not my first language) Since July I've noticed that my connection randomly stops working every once in a while (usually every 15/30 minutes). It usually stops working, then I deactivate and reactivate the Wi-fi and it goes back to normal....
  8. Internet stops working when plugging in laptop

Internet stops working when plugging in laptop: When I want to do use the internet and charge my laptop, the internet connection stops working. The wifi connection is working though. My laptop is a Lenovo Yoga 530 and has been working fine for 2 years since I got it. When it is not plugged in, the internet works normally...
  9. Internet completely stopped working

Internet completely stopped working: Hi, my name is Antonio, and my internet stopped working on my PC.I need to go to notifications and then select wifi just to see the wifi list , but there is no list , there is just `` change settings such as making a connection methered ``. If i go to settings , there is no...
  10. Internet suddenly stopped working

Internet suddenly stopped working: So my router crashed earlier, but after it was restarted every device but my computer was able to reconnect, however my pc decided no, it wasn't going to work, it says that the ethernet connection is an "unidentified network". I've tried reinstalling drivers but I get nowhere...