Windows 10: Internet stops working anytime I ignore a windows update

Discus and support Internet stops working anytime I ignore a windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I'm not asking if this happens. I'd simply like it to stop. For years I've noticed a really annoying bit of programming on Windows 10. If I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ElsieCasper, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Internet stops working anytime I ignore a windows update

So I'm not asking if this happens. I'd simply like it to stop. For years I've noticed a really annoying bit of programming on Windows 10. If I have a pending update and I ignore it my internet will start bugging out. To the point where my internet won't connect at all. Then I run the update and everything's fine. This isn't sometimes. This isn't only for network updates or adapter updates. This is any update. If I ignore it long enough Windows breaks my internet until I bow my head and run the update. Again, not asking. You're doing this. Stop it. I didn't rent this computer or lease it. It's mine, you have no right to break my internet just because I haven't gotten around to your update. Please stop being such a parasite of a company.

:)

ElsieCasper, Jun 29, 2020

2. Internet Explorer has stopped working

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing Internet Explorer on your device as it crashes.

Do let us know:

• If you have made any changes to the operating system that might have resulted in causing this issue?
    • If you were able to see any error code/ error message when Internet Explorer crashes?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onInternet Explorer Performance and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to perform some of the troubleshooting steps from the link below link, Turn off add-ons, Reset Internet Explorer Settings, Open the page in Compatibility View etc. and check if it helps:

What to do when Internet Explorer isn't working

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings
    feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you
    use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Also re-enable the add-ons..

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 29, 2020
  3. denmarfl Win User
    Internet Explorer 11; Windows 10....Stopped Working

IE11; Windows 10. For the past 2 weeks when I open IE11 I get Internet Explorer has Stopped working POPUP message rendering IE 11 unusable.

I have followed suggested Fixes by "Resetting" IE11; Use Software Rendering...is NOT checked. I have tried to use "System Restore" and go back to a Restore Point prior to 2 weeks but, I get unable to restore to xx/xx/xxxx because the process cannot file iexplorer.exe.

I have tried several Restore Points...get this same result.

I cannot fine the Internet 11 Install Update to delete it as it is not in the list History\Installed Updates.

Surely there must be away to fix IE 11...I have run out of things to do...suggestions with steps will be appreciated.

denmarfl, Jun 29, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

Internet stops working anytime I ignore a windows update

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

Internet stops working anytime I ignore a windows update

1. Internet stops working anytime I ignore a windows update - Similar Threads - Internet stops working

2. Internet stopped working in HP laptop post windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet stopped working in HP laptop post windows update: My internet is stopped working post windows update.. there is no wifi option to enable as well as airplane mode is completely disabled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-stopped-working-in-hp-laptop-post-windows/a574086f-e24d-4783-833a-e89101882a9b
  3. Internet stopped working in HP laptop post windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet stopped working in HP laptop post windows update: My internet is stopped working post windows update.. there is no wifi option to enable as well as airplane mode is completely disabled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-stopped-working-in-hp-laptop-post-windows/a574086f-e24d-4783-833a-e89101882a9b
  4. Anytime an App Updates, it then Hides Itself in the System Tray. How do I stop this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anytime an App Updates, it then Hides Itself in the System Tray. How do I stop this?: Hello,Windows 11 user, latest updates/versions installed but this has been happening for the entire time I've had Windows 11. Under Personalization > Taskbar in the settings menu, there's the section for "Other system tray icons" which lets you pick which icons you want...
  5. Anytime an App Updates, it then Hides Itself in the System Tray. How do I stop this?

Anytime an App Updates, it then Hides Itself in the System Tray. How do I stop this?: Hello,Windows 11 user, latest updates/versions installed but this has been happening for the entire time I've had Windows 11. Under Personalization > Taskbar in the settings menu, there's the section for "Other system tray icons" which lets you pick which icons you want...
  6. Internet stopped working after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet stopped working after windows update: Hi everyone, I installed a Windows update last night and my internet has stopped working ever since. The WiFi network shows as 'connected' and it works fine on my phone but nothing on my computer I tried different browsers. I tried uninstalling the update and pausing Windows...
  7. Internet stopped working after windows update

Internet stopped working after windows update: Hi everyone, I installed a Windows update last night and my internet has stopped working ever since. The WiFi network shows as 'connected' and it works fine on my phone but nothing on my computer I tried different browsers. I tried uninstalling the update and pausing Windows...
  8. Should I ignore this update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Should I ignore this update: A checkout of Updates in Settings lists 20 plus failed attempts. Should I just ignore it? Or? The code is 0x80070002. I have read the associated info, it does not mean much to me. But there is this "Note This update is currently not needed on devices that are administered...
  9. Stop windows update from ignoring active hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stop windows update from ignoring active hours: Hi,At 2PM my computer restarted without my consent to try and fail, 0x800f0922 to install an update KB5003173. I just lost 2 hours of work. And it restarted again at 2:20 PM, still without consent and still without managing to install that update. Why did Windows update...
  10. Ignore updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Ignore updates?: Looking back I've spent many dozens of hours dealing with update problems over the years & now with the latest one failing I'm wondering: On a Windows 10 Home box, can I just ignore these blasted updates all together & get on with my life? 134735