Windows 10: Internet stops working every night

Discus and support Internet stops working every night in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So for the past few months every day at 10:00 pm my Ethernet, and wifi stop only on my computer. My phone, and everything’s else’s wifi works. But for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Chauz182, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Chauz182 Win User

Internet stops working every night

So for the past few months every day at 10:00 pm my Ethernet, and wifi stop only on my computer. My phone, and everything’s else’s wifi works. But for some reason every time at 10:00 it stops working. I don’t know what time it comes back on but every morning when I wake up, it’s on again. Sometimes when I don’t use my computer for a day or two my wifi/Ethernet are broken midday for the rest of the day. Then the next day it works. When I run the troubleshooter it says that Windows can’t communicate with the device or resource. Also my wifi says it has no internet but is secured.

:)

Chauz182, Jun 28, 2022

2. Internet Explorer has stopped working

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing Internet Explorer on your device as it crashes.

Do let us know:

• If you have made any changes to the operating system that might have resulted in causing this issue?
    • If you were able to see any error code/ error message when Internet Explorer crashes?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onInternet Explorer Performance and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to perform some of the troubleshooting steps from the link below link, Turn off add-ons, Reset Internet Explorer Settings, Open the page in Compatibility View etc. and check if it helps:

What to do when Internet Explorer isn't working

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings
    feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you
    use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Also re-enable the add-ons..

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 28, 2022
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    internet explorer has stopped working

Hi Lawrence,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

What is the exact error message you get?

I suggest you to refer the link below and follow the troubleshooting steps suggested.

What to do when Internet Explorer isn't working.

Internet Explorer help

Do let us know if Internet Explorer started working. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jun 28, 2022
  4. Internet stops working every night

Error: "Internet Explorer stopped working"

Hi Al,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that the internet explorer stops working.

The issue might arise due to misconfigured settings in Internet Explorer, firewalls from the security software interfering with the connection or a virus infection. In this case, I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if the issue persists.

Method 1:

First, I would suggest you to run the Internet Explorer performance and Internet Explorer security troubleshooters. These can automatically detect and fix any incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues with Internet
    Explorer. Refer to these steps:

a) Press Start button.

b) Type and select Troubleshooting
    in the Start search.

c) Click on Troubleshooting
    and select the view all option on the left pane.

d) Click on Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter and follow the prompts.

e) Follow the same steps to run the Internet Explorer security troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to open Internet Explorer in “No-add-ons” mode once more and check. Refer to these steps:

a) Press Windows key +R

b) Type iexplore.exe –extoff and press enter

c) Now, Internet explorer will be opened without any add on

d) If you don’t face any issue in this mode, then probably an add-on is causing this issue.

Method 3:

I would suggest you to refer to the link and follow the additional steps given in the Microsoft KB article:

What to do when Internet Explorer stops working

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer
    Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Jun 28, 2022
Thema:

Internet stops working every night

1. Internet stops working every night - Similar Threads - Internet stops working

2. Internet Disconnects at night

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Disconnects at night: For the past few days, my computer has been really slow on internet, it would work decent for things on google and playing a game although games were a bit laggy too. Downloading things take FOREVER, I’m downloading in kbs, not Mbs. For the past two days, around 8pm it says...
  3. Internet Disconnects at night

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Disconnects at night: For the past few days, my computer has been really slow on internet, it would work decent for things on google and playing a game although games were a bit laggy too. Downloading things take FOREVER, I’m downloading in kbs, not Mbs. For the past two days, around 8pm it says...
  4. Internet stops working every night

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet stops working every night: So for the past few months every day at 10:00 pm my Ethernet, and wifi stop only on my computer. My phone, and everything’s else’s wifi works. But for some reason every time at 10:00 it stops working. I don’t know what time it comes back on but every morning when I wake up,...
  5. Internet Stopping Every Night

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Stopping Every Night: Every night at 9 pm exactly, my computer stops working. it says i’m connected, but nothing will load. this has been bothering me so much, and i know it’s not my internet. it works fine with every other computer i have except for my main one. i know it’s not my speeds and i...
  6. Internet Stopping Every Night

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Stopping Every Night: Every night at 9 pm exactly, my computer stops working. it says i’m connected, but nothing will load. this has been bothering me so much, and i know it’s not my internet. it works fine with every other computer i have except for my main one. i know it’s not my speeds and i...
  7. Internet Stopping Every Night

8. Rebooting Every Night

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Rebooting Every Night: My computer has been rebooting every night. Following error in the event logs "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000501, 0x0000000000000500, 0xfffff8036c771358. A dump was saved in:...
  9. Night light stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Night light stopped working: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 Pro Ver 2004 Build 19041.329 and today, the "Night Light" filter stopped working. It was set as to schedule based on my location. Now, it shows as "On" even through it isn't working. Changing anything related to it on the Settings app have no...
  10. Internet Stops working every few days and need a reboot

Internet Stops working every few days and need a reboot: Hello, Every few days, I'm on Chrome and Internet stops working suddenly. Here is the picture. Read the text below... [ATTACH] Only a reboot fixes the issue and gives me a few days again. What may be the issue? How to fix that? Thank you...