Windows 10: Internet stops working when playing a game

Discus and support Internet stops working when playing a game in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My internet connection wifi just stops working whenever I try to play a game. When I launch it, it just takes a few seconds before it stops working and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by magster07, Nov 30, 2021.

1. magster07 Win User

Internet stops working when playing a game

My internet connection wifi just stops working whenever I try to play a game. When I launch it, it just takes a few seconds before it stops working and I have to trouble shoot. It always says it had to reset my wireless adapter. This happens when using my home network and mobile data, so its not the router or modem. I can browse the internet or watch videos, but not games. I did not have this problem when the pc arrived.I have tried updating the driver and I have tried turning off the setting to turn off the device to save power. I have also tried resetting the pc, but I did choose to save p

:)

magster07, Nov 30, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

After downloading windows 10 Runescape game stopped working and also stopped my internet completely after about 20 minutes

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Internet Connection Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting
      and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter.
    As you mentioned that after downloading Windows 10 Run escape stopped working completely, I suggest you to install the game in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Method 2: Follow the steps below on how to install the Game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the Game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the Game install and then check the functionality.

Keep us posed on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Nov 30, 2021
  3. Internet Explorer has stopped working

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing Internet Explorer on your device as it crashes.

Do let us know:

• If you have made any changes to the operating system that might have resulted in causing this issue?
    • If you were able to see any error code/ error message when Internet Explorer crashes?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onInternet Explorer Performance and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to perform some of the troubleshooting steps from the link below link, Turn off add-ons, Reset Internet Explorer Settings, Open the page in Compatibility View etc. and check if it helps:

What to do when Internet Explorer isn't working

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings
    feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you
    use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Also re-enable the add-ons..

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 30, 2021
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Java not working- can't play games

Hi Kathy,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with java while playing games and also CD are not getting detected after upgrading to Windows 10.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• What is the make and model of the laptop?
    • Are you facing issues while playing games using Internet Explorer?
    • Do you get any error messages while inserting CD?
    • Is the issue specific with a particular CD?
    This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Java plugin is not registered in the browser.

2. Java did not properly install.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

If you are facing issues with Java while playing games using Internet Explorer also, please follow the steps in the article and check if it helps.

https://www.java.com/en/download/help/ie_tips.xml

Method 2:

To resolve the issue with CD not getting detected, I suggest you to run hardware and troubleshooter to check if basic hardware settings are set correctly.

a) Press the Windows key on the
    keyboard

b) Type troubleshooter in the search box
    and then press enter.

c) Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.

d) Select “Hardware and Devices”.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Tenforo, Nov 30, 2021
Thema:

1. Internet stops working when playing a game - Similar Threads - Internet stops working

2. Internet Problems when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Problems when playing games: Whenever I play games on my computer it says I have a high latency and I lag a lot. This happens with all my games. However I use an ethernet cable and when I run a speed test I get 124 Mbps download and 11 Mbps upload. I've tried a lot of things but nothing seems to work....
  3. Internet Problems when playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Problems when playing games: Whenever I play games on my computer it says I have a high latency and I lag a lot. This happens with all my games. However I use an ethernet cable and when I run a speed test I get 124 Mbps download and 11 Mbps upload. I've tried a lot of things but nothing seems to work....
  4. Internet Problems when playing games

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Internet stops working when playing a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet stops working when playing a game: My internet connection wifi just stops working whenever I try to play a game. When I launch it, it just takes a few seconds before it stops working and I have to trouble shoot. It always says it had to reset my wireless adapter. This happens when using my home network and...
  6. Internet stops working when playing a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet stops working when playing a game: My internet connection wifi just stops working whenever I try to play a game. When I launch it, it just takes a few seconds before it stops working and I have to trouble shoot. It always says it had to reset my wireless adapter. This happens when using my home network and...
  7. My internet stops working when I start a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My internet stops working when I start a game: My internet works smooth when i am doing daily work on chrome and stuff but the moment i start a game the internet stops working and i am not able to enter the game. I tried it with Valorant, Aim Labs even far cry primal but none of the seemed to have work and the internet...
  8. My internet stops working when i play any steam game

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My internet stops working when i play any steam game: Idk where else to ask this but, I have some problems with steam, Everytime i open a steam game, Darksouls3, valheim, etc. My internet just immediately crashes, I try to switch my internet and restart it multiple times, but it doesnt just work. Also my wifi/phone internet is...
  9. Internet disconnect when playing online games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet disconnect when playing online games: Hi, I know this issue has happened to a lot of users so I look for the solutions to it in Microsoft hub but then none of the suggested worked. Maybe because my situation is different. So, here's the thing: This issue came across my laptop 2 days ago when I wanted to play...
  10. Internet slows to a crawl when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet slows to a crawl when playing games: Hello there. This is a problem that has been bugging me for some weeks. We have 100mbps internet, and it's very effective for all 6 of us using at least 2 devices each in the house. Internet connectivity on my PC is generally perfect, and always scores over 100mbps on...