Windows 10: Internet stops working when WiFi Hotspot is on

Discus and support Internet stops working when WiFi Hotspot is on in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I turned on the WiFi hotspot my internet used to work without an issue, but since yesterday everytime I turn on the WiFi Hotspot I can't use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Fabián Dávalos, Jun 19, 2022.

1. Internet stops working when WiFi Hotspot is on

When I turned on the WiFi hotspot my internet used to work without an issue, but since yesterday everytime I turn on the WiFi Hotspot I can't use the internet in my computer. When I try to search something in Google, it won't load. If I try to use another program, like Discord, it won't work. I can't play online games, I can't search anything on google, I can't use any program that uses internet. Basically, is like I don't have WiFi connection. However, when I connect my cellphone to the WiFi Hotspot it works, I can go trough any social media, I can search things on google, I can watch videos,

:)

Fabián Dávalos, Jun 19, 2022
  2. Matt2020 Win User

Wifi hotspot stopped working AGAIN

Was working fine, devices could connect no problem. Then it stopped....devices could see the hotspot but could not connect. From a suggestion, I completely removed AVS security and hotspot started working fine. Now out of the blue stopped working again (I did not reinstall AVS )

Could it be setting in defender or ????????

Matt2020, Jun 19, 2022
  3. No internet / wifi from hotspot

So I have a Surface Pro 4 running windows 10 was working perfect this morning on my normal wifi. I pack it up to go somewhere and when I try to connect it to an iphone or iPad hotspot I just got it connected but with no internet. Both the ipad and iphone were getting internet as I'm writing this from my ipad and doing things on my phone.

I tried resetting all of them and turning hotspot, bluetooth, wifi on and off.. I've had problems connecting pc's to apple hotspots before, normally just rebooting everything and toggling hotspot on/off does the trick.

I started reading some internet troubleshooting guides, one suggested I reset my network settings on my phone.

I did this - now the surface pro 4 won't even connect to it. It will see the wifi network but will not connect.

The ipad it connects but does not give me internet access.

I also tried my friends iphone hotspot to just make sure it wasn't something with my devices and it did the same thing.

Any ideas?

realtordcnova, Jun 19, 2022
  4. Jacee Win User

Internet stops working when WiFi Hotspot is on

Wifi hotspot stopped working AGAIN

I don't know if this will work or not... might be worth a try:
    How do I fix hotspot problems? (You could contact your ISP for help, tho')

How To Clear Hotspot Shield's App Cache

• Open your Android's Settings.
    • Find the Applications area.
    • Select Hotspot Shield.
    • Tap Storage.
    • Select both Clear Cache as well as Clear Data.
    • Reboot your device and launch Hotspot Shield again.

Jacee, Jun 19, 2022
Thema:

Internet stops working when WiFi Hotspot is on

1. Internet stops working when WiFi Hotspot is on - Similar Threads - Internet stops working

2. Hotspot working. but no internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hotspot working. but no internet: Hi all,I have been using my PC as a mobile hotspot for a couple months now. However, recently the hotspot stops working after about 20-30 minutes. It still says it is working on my PC, and my phone still shows that the hotspot is online, but there is no internet connection on...
  3. Hotspot working. but no internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hotspot working. but no internet: Hi all,I have been using my PC as a mobile hotspot for a couple months now. However, recently the hotspot stops working after about 20-30 minutes. It still says it is working on my PC, and my phone still shows that the hotspot is online, but there is no internet connection on...
  4. Internet stops working when WiFi Hotspot is on

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet stops working when WiFi Hotspot is on: When I turned on the WiFi hotspot my internet used to work without an issue, but since yesterday everytime I turn on the WiFi Hotspot I can't use the internet in my computer. When I try to search something in Google, it won't load. If I try to use another program, like...
  5. Internet stops working when WiFi Hotspot is on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet stops working when WiFi Hotspot is on: When I turned on the WiFi hotspot my internet used to work without an issue, but since yesterday everytime I turn on the WiFi Hotspot I can't use the internet in my computer. When I try to search something in Google, it won't load. If I try to use another program, like...
  6. Internet connection stops when mobile hotspot is turned on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet connection stops when mobile hotspot is turned on: My desktop is connected to the internet through Ethernet cable and works normal, but when i turn on the mobile hotspot to share internet to my other devices i can only access google website from my desktop but the mobile hotspot works perfectly i can access internet/ other...
  7. WiFi hotspot with no internet

WiFi hotspot with no internet: WiFi hotspot with no internet I want to use the WiFi hotspot to create a LAN without the unreasonable demand that I have an internet connection to enable this feature. Without an uplink, the WiFi hotspot switch is greyed out for no reason at all, and I'm informed it's...
  8. Wifi hotspot stopped working AGAIN

Wifi hotspot stopped working AGAIN: Was working fine, devices could connect no problem. Then it stopped....devices could see the hotspot but could not connect. From a suggestion, I completely removed AVS security and hotspot started working fine. Now out of the blue stopped working again (I did not reinstall...
  9. WiFi hotspot with no internet

WiFi hotspot with no internet: I want to use the WiFi hotspot to create a LAN without the unreasonable demand that I have an internet connection to enable this feature. Without an uplink, the WiFi hotspot switch is greyed out for no reason at all, and I'm informed it's because there's no internet...
  10. No internet / wifi from hotspot

No internet / wifi from hotspot: So I have a Surface Pro 4 running windows 10 was working perfect this morning on my normal wifi. I pack it up to go somewhere and when I try to connect it to an iphone or iPad hotspot I just got it connected but with no internet. Both the ipad and iphone were getting internet...