Windows 10: Internet straight up stopped working after moving house

Discus and support Internet straight up stopped working after moving house in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I posted this on r/pcmasterrace a little while ago but I’d love some more advice from here too! Hello everyone! Sorry in advance for the bad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/UsoaYT, Nov 3, 2019.

1. /u/UsoaYT Win User

Internet straight up stopped working after moving house

I posted this on r/pcmasterrace a little while ago but I’d love some more advice from here too!

Hello everyone! Sorry in advance for the bad formatting, I’m on mobile.

I have a huge issue right now. A few days ago I moved house with my family. Before the move, I was connected via Ethernet to my router and all was fine. Now, after the move, my is still able to connect to the network both wired and wireless. However, while I’m able to connect to the network, I don’t get any internet from either wired or wireless. All the other devices in the house, ranging from a Switch, to phones, to laptops, and even another computer, are able to connect to the internet without an issue.

Basically, I’m convinced there’s something wrong with my PC. What can I do? (In case it’s relevant, I installed a new network card earlier today, but I update the drivers via usb)

submitted by /u/UsoaYT
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/UsoaYT, Nov 3, 2019

2. Internet Explorer has stopped working

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing Internet Explorer on your device as it crashes.

Do let us know:

• If you have made any changes to the operating system that might have resulted in causing this issue?
    • If you were able to see any error code/ error message when Internet Explorer crashes?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onInternet Explorer Performance and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to perform some of the troubleshooting steps from the link below link, Turn off add-ons, Reset Internet Explorer Settings, Open the page in Compatibility View etc. and check if it helps:

What to do when Internet Explorer isn't working

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings
    feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you
    use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Also re-enable the add-ons..

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 3, 2019
  3. how to stop moving tiles

Hi Larry,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to stop moving Windows live tiles.

• Right click on the live tile.
    • Click on more option.
    • select turn off live tile option.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Nov 3, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

internet explorer has stopped working

Hi Lawrence,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

What is the exact error message you get?

I suggest you to refer the link below and follow the troubleshooting steps suggested.

What to do when Internet Explorer isn't working.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Do let us know if Internet Explorer started working. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Internet straight up stopped working after moving house - Similar Threads - Internet straight stopped

2. Internet stopped working after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet stopped working after windows update: Hi everyone, I installed a Windows update last night and my internet has stopped working ever since. The WiFi network shows as 'connected' and it works fine on my phone but nothing on my computer I tried different browsers. I tried uninstalling the update and pausing Windows...
  3. Internet stopped working after windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet stopped working after windows update: Hi everyone, I installed a Windows update last night and my internet has stopped working ever since. The WiFi network shows as 'connected' and it works fine on my phone but nothing on my computer I tried different browsers. I tried uninstalling the update and pausing Windows...
  4. Roblox just straight up not working.

Roblox just straight up not working.: I have done everything I can for the Microsoft store Roblox to work, but it just won't work. Yes, I've tried the command prompt, the Windows PowerShell, you name it. It will open, Show the logo and make an error noise then stay open showing logo, then just closes after a...
  5. Roblox just straight up not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roblox just straight up not working.: I have done everything I can for the Microsoft store Roblox to work, but it just won't work. Yes, I've tried the command prompt, the Windows PowerShell, you name it. It will open, Show the logo and make an error noise then stay open showing logo, then just closes after a...
  6. Accidentally moved folder straight to D:

Accidentally moved folder straight to D:: Hi, I was re-routing my library of files from C: to D: and I accidentaly moved my pic folder to D: and not to a subfolder on D, and can't change it back to the default. Getting error messages, that it can't compile the normal sub directories list and have denied access, and...
  7. Accidentally moved folder straight to D:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentally moved folder straight to D:: Hi, I was re-routing my library of files from C: to D: and I accidentaly moved my pic folder to D: and not to a subfolder on D, and can't change it back to the default. Getting error messages, that it can't compile the normal sub directories list and have denied access, and...
  8. Accidentally moved folder straight to D:

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Stop W10 from tagging in-house moved files as dangerous.

Stop W10 from tagging in-house moved files as dangerous.: I keep getting this in my preview window when I move a file from one folder to another, and there's no "Un-Block" option in Properties: "The file you are attempting to preview could harm your computer. If you trust the file and the source you received it from, open it to view...
  10. Internet stops working after some time of use.

Internet stops working after some time of use.: My Internet stops working after some time of use and starts working again when I turn my wifi off and back on again.How can I stop this ?...