Windows 10: Internet Temp File Location missing in Internet Options?

Discus and support Internet Temp File Location missing in Internet Options? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Steps to possibly cause this I did Reinstalled Avast Free at 2am last night, discovered afterwards Internet Temp FIles location option missing,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pat T, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Pat T Win User

Internet Temp File Location missing in Internet Options?

Steps to possibly cause this I did

Reinstalled Avast Free at 2am last night, discovered afterwards Internet Temp FIles location option missing, Any ideas how to solve this, extensions in edge not working well at all

Edge reset?

System Reset?

sfc /scannow

:)

Pat T, Jun 19, 2019
  2. Pat T Win User

Steps to possibly cause this I did

Reinstalled Avast Free at 2am last night, discovered afterwards Internet Temp FIles location option missing, Any ideas how to solve this, extensions in edge not working well at all

Edge reset?

System Reset?

sfc /scannow

Pat T, Jun 26, 2019
  3. Naresh_K Win User

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have a clarity of the issue, we will need some more information. So kindly write back with the following information:

1. Where are you looking for the option
    2. Please
      post a screenshot
      of the missing Internet Temp File Location. Please make sure that no personal information is available in the screenshot.
    3. Which version of Windows are you using?

Meanwhile here are few things that you can try:

1. Open Internet Explorer and then click on Internet Options.
    2. Then click on Settings under Browsing history.
    3. You should be able to view the Current location. Default location should be: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\
    4. You can click on View files to view temp files.

For Microsoft Edge, please follow the suggestion provided in the article:
    What to do if Microsoft Edge isn't working.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Jun 26, 2019
  4. Monkey57 Win User

Temp and TMP and Temporary Internet Files locations

Technical Level : Intermediate

Summary

Environment variables are a way to store configuration data, two environment variables emerged as the front-runners for specifying where temporary files should go: TEMP and TMP.

Details

The Summary is from:

Why are there both TMP and TEMP environment variables, and which one is right? | The Old New Thing

It goes back to the days of CP/M

Temporary Folders are used by almost every program on a computer, either during the installation of a program, or for the operation of the app/program.

These are the default values of some of the more important Temporary Folders.

Temporary Internet Files:

Please see:

Change location of TEMP files folder to another drive

Start Internet Explorer.

On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.

On the General tab, click Settings.

Click Move Folder. [move only if not set to default, or you need to move to another drive]

Click the folder you created in Step 1.

Click OK, click OK, and then click OK again.

Restart your computer

and

Microsft Edge has become extremely slow

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click on the Gear icon, and select Internet Options.
    • On the General tab, under Browsing History, go to Settings.
    • On the Temporary Internet Files tab, click on Move folder. [move only if not set to default, or you need to move to another drive]

Default location is -

C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\

i.e.->C:\Users\JoeCool\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\

See:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/itpro/windows/deploy/usmt-recognized-environment-variables

TEMP-The temporary folder on the computer. A typical path is %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp.

TMP-The temporary folder on the computer. A typical path is %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp.

To check your values -> in Cortana type 'Advanced System Settings' (click on the best matched results)- Advanced Tab - Click 'Environmental Variables' button - make sure your TEMP and TMP show the variables above.

After changing the 'Environmental Variables' (Rarely necessary)->Reboot.

Run a Disk Cleanup with all the boxes checked in the final dialog box. (a good process to run occasionally, even if you are not making changes in 'Environmental Variables').

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-996f-99e02c7301c2/disk-cleanup-in-windows-10

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17421/windows-free-up-drive-space

Before messing with any 'Environmental Variables'; verify your backup on FileHistory, OneDrive, or some other method you use->

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...onto-the/a0977ed7-e796-405b-be25-fa41441fc4b0

Monkey57, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Internet Temp File Location missing in Internet Options? - Similar Threads - Internet Temp File

2. Temp. Internet Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Temp. Internet Files: Have 32 MBS of Temp. Internet files that won't delete no matter what I try. Started about a month ago, even CCleaner won't empty it , which it always did before..Can it be from a recent App. install? Ran antivirus several times and nothing...Disk Cleanup does nothing...
  3. Temp. Internet Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temp. Internet Files: Have 32 MBS of Temp. Internet files that won't delete no matter what I try. Started about a month ago, even CCleaner won't empty it , which it always did before..Can it be from a recent App. install? Ran antivirus several times and nothing...Disk Cleanup does nothing...
  4. Temp. Internet Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Network & Internet option missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network & Internet option missing: Hello Microsoft Team,Been dealing with this for a while where I don't have an option for Network & Internet on settings. I normally don't mind it missing on settings but now I need to set up my own personal hotspot to connect my phone. Now I really need it to show up on...
  6. Any Ideas How to Solve Missing Internet Temp Files Location

in Browsers and Email
    Any Ideas How to Solve Missing Internet Temp Files Location: Reinstalled Avast Free late last night, now have my Internet temp files location missing in Internet options, and it's interrfering with Microsoft Edge Extensions, like ublock origin and Lastpass Password Manger Any help is appreciated Guess switching Antiviruses to see...
  7. Pad Lock on Temp Internet Files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pad Lock on Temp Internet Files: When I run my disc cleanup there is a pad lock next to the check marks for “Temporary Internet Files 542 MB” This file amount never gets cleaned up and is very large. It's always 542MB. I have tried using the following with no success: Close Internet Explorer and any...
  8. Temp Internet files path issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Temp Internet files path issue: I use Windows 10 Pro, vr. 1809 and I found out that some temporary Internet files paths disappeared from the internet options. It occurs sometimes, the path disappears and I have to run app troubleshooter or edit registry to get it back as default. I want to know if this...
  9. Problem deleting Internet temp Files

in Browsers and Email
    Problem deleting Internet temp Files: When I go to control panel and then storage, under Internet temproray Files, it shows 3.5GB. When I try and delete it, Windows has a message saying it will delete it and to be patient, but it does not delete anything. Boot up the computer again and it still shows 3.5GB. If...
  10. Delete Temp Internet Files

in Browsers and Email
    Delete Temp Internet Files: I have read I guess all over the net how to delete temp internet files, I have tried everything inc CCleaner nothing seems to work, and I notice that people have written from about august 2015. Am using a new dell xps 8900 desktop with win 10 pro, am I right to think there...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file:///C:/Users/luval/AppData/Local/Packages/Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe/TempState/Downloads/Scanned Documents (1).pdf

2. app data/local/packages microsft/micro edge_8wekyb3d8bbwe temp state/downloads

3. file:///C:/Packages/Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekb3d8bbwe/TempState/Downloads

4. tempstate downloads,
  5. inetcache folder missing,
  6. Missing IE Temporary Internet files in Windows 10,
  7. internet options not remembering temp files path,
  8. internet options not remembering temp file path