Windows 10: Internet thru lan cable not working

Discus and support Internet thru lan cable not working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; okay so my internet thru the lan cable somehow stopped working it does not show any adapter in network page the trouble shooter was not able to find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Anshul010101010, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Internet thru lan cable not working

okay so my internet thru the lan cable somehow stopped working it does not show any adapter in network page the trouble shooter was not able to find any driver installed on my pc

things i have tried

uninstalling drivers

launching in safe mode

resetting pc

resetting network settings

after getting disconnected

i have a dlink wifi adapter which i used to get internet working, after some time even the wifi adapter stopped working there was no internet connection the pc was showing that d'link is connected to pc but there was no internet access (i got it back working after unlimited restarts and plugs and unplugs) can any 1 here help me out of this situation

also there is no light blinking where the internet cable is connected (back of the cabinet)

i also opened my cabinet for some cleaning few weeks back before i had this problem could be a lose wire or something

:)

Anshul010101010, Sep 14, 2018
  2. jonkb Win User

Asus P5Q Onboard Lan issues...

I've just reformated my pc, and it all runs fine except for the the onboard lan. I've tried every LAN driver on ASUS list, and I can't get it to work. It keeps searching for the connection, but it never finds it. The internet runs fine on my moms PC, so it can't be the internet provider*Frown Internet thru lan cable not working :( Onboard LAN is enables in BIOS, and I did try to clear CMOS without any luck.
    Any suggestions? It really sux.... I think the P5Q Pro is a buggy board...

jonkb, Sep 14, 2018
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Good LAN party games?

Most of my suggestions have already been listed.

However, I found Swat4 to actually be a pretty fun LAN game, especially at smaller LAN parties.

newtekie1, Sep 14, 2018
  4. Internet thru lan cable not working

LAN Port stopped working suddenly

Hello everyone,

I came home yesterday to find that my PC in my specs had no Internet connection. I narrowed it down to be the PC itself and not any cables/modem/router etc. Now I went ahead and tried uninstalling and installing the LAN drivers again but it doesn't detect a LAN port.

At this point it gives me an error message and states that the Realtek Ethernet Controller could be in "Deep Sleep Mode". To connect the cable to get it going. However cable is connected and verified to work.

I've googled intensively and have tried many suggestions such as certain command prompts, registry edits, special permissions, and different methods of installing the drivers.

Is my LAN Port dead, or something else might be the issue? Please note we did have a power outage yesterday as my other PC had also restarted like the one with the problem did. The second PC is perfectly fine though. Any other suggestions and/or advice? Thanks in advance. *Toast :toast:

Chicken Patty, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

Internet thru lan cable not working

1. Internet thru lan cable not working - Similar Threads - Internet thru lan

2. LAN cable not working on windows, tried EVERYTHING!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAN cable not working on windows, tried EVERYTHING!!: I am having a problem with lan cable on my windows 10, when i plug in wireless internet antena internet works fine but lan cable is not working, i plugged it in my other computer and it works so lan cable is good, i tried everything, i reinstalled windows, removed battery,...
  3. Lan cable issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lan cable issue: Hi, my LAN cable suddenly stopped working despite being perfectly fine the night before. The cable is still plugged in but my laptop isn't recognizing it.I tried check the wires if there's any physical damage, but there's none. I tried following other forums by restarting my...
  4. Lan cable issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lan cable issue: Hi, my LAN cable suddenly stopped working despite being perfectly fine the night before. The cable is still plugged in but my laptop isn't recognizing it.I tried check the wires if there's any physical damage, but there's none. I tried following other forums by restarting my...
  5. Lan cable issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Internet Disconnecting LAN Cable

Internet Disconnecting LAN Cable: My internet disconnects like after every 15 seconds. Could be random sometimes, too. I've got a LAN Cable connected to my PC. I've tried changing the LAN Cable, asking my internet provider for help, but it's all useless. I can't play games from like the past week, because...
  7. Lan cable is not recognized

Lan cable is not recognized: I have a problem with my internet. I see that I have not plugged in a LAN cable, although I plugged one in. I've already tried to reinstall the network adapter and the driver. It did not work. What should I do?...
  8. LAN Cable connected No internet accessWIFI Works

LAN Cable connected No internet accessWIFI Works: Hello Everyone. I hope you can help me. I have a lingering problem. I can use internet through wifi, but I cant use internet through LAN cable. I am using Windows 10. Here's what I have done so far. ipconfig /flushdns , ipconfig /release ipconfig/renew . I tried every...
  9. connecting to my Imac thru LAN

connecting to my Imac thru LAN: On my home network I have my Windows 10 laptop and my Imac desktop computers. I have no problem accessing my Windows laptop from my Mac. But for some reason, my Windows 10 laptop refuses to allow me to access files on my Imac. I have used the correct password each time, but...
  10. LAN cable eliminator !!!

LAN cable eliminator !!!: Hi there I've been posting recently about the advantages of using an Ethernet Wifi bridge recently - and how you can use an old router to use DD-WRT to create one. However if you are a bit nervous about flashing routers (only do it on one you could throw away if it goes...