Windows 10: Internet time gives out wrong time after sync

Discus and support Internet time gives out wrong time after sync in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I've had a problem for a while where windows will show the wrong time and thus show the wrong time on applications like discord. The time is out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Alabamo, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Alabamo Win User

Internet time gives out wrong time after sync

Hi,

I've had a problem for a while where windows will show the wrong time and thus show the wrong time on applications like discord. The time is out by 7 hours eg It should show 22:00 but shows 15:00.

If I set the time automatically it gives the wrong time so I tried to synchronise the clock with time.windows.com but it still produced the wrong time. I tried to then sync it with time.nist.gov and 0.uk.pool.ntp.org but it still produces the wrong time. I've tried to change the time in the boot menu but still does not work with the applications like discord.

I've tried every guide I could find but they all suggest synchronising the internet time server would work which it doesn't.

Any ideas?

:)

Alabamo, Sep 17, 2020

2. Unable to sync Windows 10 time with time servers

I have a new, OEM installation of Windows 10 that is unable to contact any time servers to sync the system time. Each attempt gives me a timeout error, and pinging the time server times out as well. Here is what I've tried:

• Checked that the Windows Time service is running and set to automatic startup, and restarted it
    • Disabled my firewall
    • Tried using time.nist.gov, which is currently working according to NIST
    • These steps using w32time, which appeared to succeed but didn't update the time

The time is currently off by 7 hours, which shouldn't be far enough to break Internet syncing.

EDIT: Just tried the same steps on my other computer which boots only Windows (albeit an longer-standing installation of 10), and had the exact same issue, except when I try syncing it simply says "An error occurred when Windows was synchronizing with time.nist.gov." So I highly doubt it is dual boot-related. What is going on?

David Pitchford, Sep 17, 2020
  3. Rhen Pal Win User
    Windows time is wrong

Hi,

We suggest that you follow these steps:

• Press Windows+X and click on
      Control Panel.
    • On the left hand side click on Clock, Language and Region.
    • Click on Change time zone.
    • And then click on the tab Internet Time and click on
      Change settings.
    • Check the box Synchronize with an internet time server
      and also select the option time.windows.com
      from the drop down and click on OK and check if the issue persists.

Regards.

Rhen Pal, Sep 17, 2020
  4. SiSig_ Win User

Clock displays wrong time

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings of time and time zone:

• Press “Windows+X” and click on “control panel”.
    • On the left hand side click on “clock, language and region”.
    • Click on “change time zone”.
    • And then click on the tab “internet time” and click on “change settings”.
    • Check the box “synchronize with an internet time server” and also select the option “time.windows.com” from the drop down and click on “ok” and check if the issue persists.

SiSig_, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Internet time gives out wrong time after sync - Similar Threads - Internet wrong sync

2. Windows time out of sync.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows time out of sync.: My time has been out of sync by minutes and hours occasionally when my laptop starts up. It also goes out of sync occasionally when I am full screen in certain videogames. This started happening this week. I have factory reset this computer and the issue still exists. I have...
  3. Windows time out of sync.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows time out of sync.: My time has been out of sync by minutes and hours occasionally when my laptop starts up. It also goes out of sync occasionally when I am full screen in certain videogames. This started happening this week. I have factory reset this computer and the issue still exists. I have...
  4. Time always goes out of sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time always goes out of sync: Hello. I'm having issues with my laptops clock staying correct, usually its behind by up to hours. Always have to manually disable and then reenable "Set Time Automatically" after turning on my laptop. I have tried disabling all of these, enabling all of these, and a mixture...
  5. Time always goes out of sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Time always goes out of sync: Hello. I'm having issues with my laptops clock staying correct, usually its behind by up to hours. Always have to manually disable and then reenable "Set Time Automatically" after turning on my laptop. I have tried disabling all of these, enabling all of these, and a mixture...
  6. Internet time sync on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internet time sync on Windows 10: I have been trying to sync my device time with the internet but it is not working. It was working fine until I formatted my pc in order to remove some malware my antivirus couldnt detect. I have checked everything I need to, my location, tried to sync it from control panel...
  7. Uncheck the sync with internet time option

Uncheck the sync with internet time option: Can't fine option for sync https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uncheck-the-sync-with-internet-time-option/082116c3-2903-4289-87b3-c4f79858eb5d
  8. windows time and internet time does't sync

windows time and internet time does't sync: im using dual boot, ubuntu and windows 10 with latest updated. but the hours exactly doesn't sync. for example, i booting on 10:00 am, then change to boot ubuntu then back on windows on 18:30pm the time still on 10am, but the minute gota change to 10:30pm, i trying using...
  9. Windows Time is constantly out of sync

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Time is constantly out of sync: As the title suggests, my time is always out of sync, it makes it increasingly difficult to follow conversations on Skype, for instance. I try to manually update the time and it tells me fairly often that there's an error when trying to update. It doesn't matter if my PC is...
  10. Windows 10 gives the wrong time but is set to the correct time zone

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 gives the wrong time but is set to the correct time zone: Hello, Yesterday I installed Windows 10 Professional on my Acer Aspire V5-573G laptop. I installed the English (US) version even though I live in the Netherlands. When I corrected the time I have set it to the correct timezone (see screenshot) but it has the wrong time...