Windows 10: internet unusually slow

Discus and support internet unusually slow in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Internet is much slower than usual on my pc, it has been going on for roughly 2 months. My iphone 7 is capable of getting 60+ mpbs whilst my pc which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MCFanFTW, Jan 5, 2019.

1. MCFanFTW Win User

internet unusually slow

Internet is much slower than usual on my pc, it has been going on for roughly 2 months. My iphone 7 is capable of getting 60+ mpbs whilst my pc which used to get the same started getting below 18 mbps even up to 0.23 mbps. It has baffled me and after searching everywherere for quite some time i cannot find anything. i tried combining ethernet with wifi but actually has done nothing. I tried switching networks and again, nothing. Im pretty much given up and want to see what you can do for me. Thanks in advance

:)

MCFanFTW, Jan 5, 2019

2. WIN10 internet SLOW!!!!!!!

Hello William,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with slow Internet Connection. We will certainly help you.

• Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    • Have you tried connecting to some other Internet connection and check if the same issue occurs?

We suggest you to connect your system to some other network and check if the same slow Internet connection issue persists. If no then there must be issue with your Internet connection.

Further you can try performing the steps from the link below and check if it helps:

Fix network connection issues

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jan 5, 2019
  3. mbmeadows Win User
    Constant script errors and slow loading pages in 10 internet explorer 11

I have done the steps listed above. They have not helped and I am still getting constant script errors, along with slow loading pages. Are there any other suggestions?

mbmeadows, Jan 5, 2019
  4. internet unusually slow

Internet explorer is slow and having other problems

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand that things can be frustrating when it goes unusual.

We are here to assist you.

Please follow the steps and check if the issue can be resolved:

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    Internet Explorer Performance
    troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type Troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on view all from left side panel of the screen.
    • Select Internet Explorer Performance,
      click on Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions.
    Step 2: If the issue persist, reset internet Explorer by following the steps from the link below and check if the issue is resolved.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Step 3: If the issue persist,
    turn off the internet explorer and turn it back on by following the steps from the link below and check if the issue is resolved.

How to turn Internet Explorer off

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/How-to-turn-Internet-Explorer-off

Here are some common solutions to problems you might be experiencing with your browser.

You may also check the suggestions from the below link on What to do when internet Explorer isn't working.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Hope this information helps. Please post back for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

internet unusually slow

1. internet unusually slow - Similar Threads - internet unusually slow

2. Windows 11 DNS Resolution Unusually Slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 DNS Resolution Unusually Slow: In the last week or so DNS resolution has been painfully slow on my PC. It doesn't matter what DNS server I use, weather it's through DHCP or manually set, what browser I use, what network I am on, ethernet or wifi.Any site I visit, regardless of if it's one I've visited...
  3. Windows 11 DNS Resolution Unusually Slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 DNS Resolution Unusually Slow: In the last week or so DNS resolution has been painfully slow on my PC. It doesn't matter what DNS server I use, weather it's through DHCP or manually set, what browser I use, what network I am on, ethernet or wifi.Any site I visit, regardless of if it's one I've visited...
  4. Slow internet to no internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow internet to no internet.: So my laptop had started having slow internet compared to my other devices. So as usual, I go to Google to find help and I go to this thread on microsoft community:...
  5. Slow internet to no internet.

Slow internet to no internet.: So my laptop had started having slow internet compared to my other devices. So as usual, I go to Google to find help and I go to this thread on microsoft community:...
  6. Slow internet to no internet.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Slow Internet

Slow Internet: Hello so I did a factory reset on my pc which is an Old HP Workstation, the Z440, After the reset was over I downloaded and installed all of the drivers for the motherboard and the GPU, but for some reason when I play online games the connection is awful. I tried installing...
  8. INTERNET SLOW

INTERNET SLOW: Hi,i'm not an expert in pc so i aske here for help. Today my connection is really slow. Usually goes around 400/500 dwn and 200/300 up but today i got 30 dwn and 0.41 up. I try to fix it following i guide but it doesn't work. I tested my line with a laptop in the same room of...
  9. Unusually slow computer.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unusually slow computer.: Hello, I'm here to ask for assistance once again. Lately, whenever I try and access anything through the internet, play a game online, or even try to just load up a photo...my system usage spikes. I don't know why this happens, and quite frankly, it interferes with many...
  10. Unusually slow internet connection only on Windows 10 system

Unusually slow internet connection only on Windows 10 system: Hello, I need some help identifying why the connection on my Windows 10 system is suddenly experiencing significantly below 1mbps speeds, often completely failing to load webpages. Here are some notes and troubleshooting steps I've taken so far. Observations: - Problem...