Windows 10: internet upload speed

Discus and support internet upload speed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 300mbps download on Ethernet but only c4mbps upload. What could be limiting the upload speed? My Dell laptop has a Qualcomm QCA1565 adapter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IanF2140, Jul 18, 2020.

1. IanF2140 Win User

internet upload speed

I have 300mbps download on Ethernet but only c4mbps upload.

What could be limiting the upload speed?

My Dell laptop has a Qualcomm QCA1565 adapter

:)

IanF2140, Jul 18, 2020
  2. DonaldW Win User

Sudden large disparity between download & upload speeds.

(First post: Win 10 1809) Hello. I have encountered what seems to me to be a strange phenomenon: Recently upgraded to "1000 Mbps" fiber internet provider. Initial speeds for both download and upload speeds spread across the 900's, with upload speeds consistently a bit higher than download speeds. Yesterday one desktop seemed to have internet connectivity issues. I noted that the desktops Ethernet connection had for some reason adopted the name of one of our wireless routers: What had been "Network 2" was now "(SSID) 2".

This Dell XPS desktop (Win 10 Pro 64b, Version 1809) has both wired and wireless network connections, with the later used to connect to various peripherals. When I checked into Speedtest.net, Download speeds remained in the 900's, but upload speeds dropped below 50 Mbps. I went though various network troubleshooting steps and a number of restarts, this disparity persisted. Other than the lack of a name change to wired network connection, this disparity was also obtained on another desktop on the same network. However, speed checks on iOS tablet reveled no disparity whatsoever, suggesting that the phenomenon is limited to Windows machines.

Given my naive and limited understanding of Windows networking, I was hoping someone might help me to better understand the issue and, perhaps, suggest a fix.

DonaldW, Jul 18, 2020
  3. Upload Speed

Hi

I was wondering why my upload speed was .92 or .70 and i want to fix it so does anyone have any suggestions to fix my upload speed?

By the way i live in the wide country and i was wondering if that had anything to do with that.

Thanks

XavierMoats Decamp, Jul 18, 2020
  4. internet upload speed

Fluctuating Download/Upload Internet Speed - up to 50% less

Hi there. I'm trying to troubleshoot my friend's internet speed that goes from ~150-375 Mbps download and ~15-37 Mbps upload. She's paying for 400/40 and the internet repairman said the speeds going into the modem are fine. She's directly connected (no wi-fi)
    and the normal speeds are around 220 down/25 up.

The network card has the latest driver (tried uninstall/reinstall), and I've tried some other things (listed here: Top 4 Ways to Fix Slow Internet after Windows 10 Update | Driver Talent), but it doesn't seem to make a difference.
    If it does, the proper speeds don't last long so it just could be a coincidence. I know there is always fluctuation in speeds, but over 50% sometimes is too much.

Thanks.

adamthemute, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

internet upload speed

1. internet upload speed - Similar Threads - internet upload speed

2. Very low internet upload speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very low internet upload speed: My intenet upload speed is very slow. Its 0.12mbps. Download is good at 149.8MbpsCan anyone help a complete novice please. I would apprecaite step by step instructions if possiblemany thanks!...
  3. Very low internet upload speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very low internet upload speed: My intenet upload speed is very slow. Its 0.12mbps. Download is good at 149.8MbpsCan anyone help a complete novice please. I would apprecaite step by step instructions if possiblemany thanks!...
  4. Very low internet upload speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Internet Upload Speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Upload Speed: I had been running Windows 11 for several years on my Dell XPX 8930, with Download speeds exceeding 900 Mbps and Upload speed in excess of 50 Mbps. I am using Cat 6 cable to connect to my modem-router. A few days ago the upload speed suddenly went down to about 1 Mbps.When I...
  6. Internet Upload Speed

Internet Upload Speed: I had been running Windows 11 for several years on my Dell XPX 8930, with Download speeds exceeding 900 Mbps and Upload speed in excess of 50 Mbps. I am using Cat 6 cable to connect to my modem-router. A few days ago the upload speed suddenly went down to about 1 Mbps.When I...
  7. Upload Speed

Upload Speed: I live in a house with 4 other people. My computer and one other computer runs on ethernet. Everyone else's upload speed in 30-40 mb/s while mine is always less than 1mb/s. Everyone has good download speed and mine is 97-105 consistently on Ethernet, and everyone else's is...
  8. Relatively slow internet upload speeds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Relatively slow internet upload speeds.: My old computer and my wife's computer had around 850 Mbps upload speed via Speedtest. Wife built me a new computer using an ASUS TUF gaming Z590 Motherboard and intel chip. Using the same Ethernet cable as before, which use to garner the 850 Mbps speed, the new computer only...
  9. Relatively slow internet upload speeds.

Relatively slow internet upload speeds.: My old computer and my wife's computer had around 850 Mbps upload speed via Speedtest. Wife built me a new computer using an ASUS TUF gaming Z590 Motherboard and intel chip. Using the same Ethernet cable as before, which use to garner the 850 Mbps speed, the new computer only...
  10. Internet upload speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet upload speed: I recently installed windows 10 and faced an issue that the internet upload speed is very low. I tried to follow some suggestions from different groups but nothing worked. any feedback, please? [ATTACH]...