Windows 10: Internet usage in background

Discus and support Internet usage in background in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Suddenly ,when i connected internet ,its just keep on taking data ,but dont know which app or process is using.i checked windows downloads and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by shaikriyaz1, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Internet usage in background

Suddenly ,when i connected internet ,its just keep on taking data ,but dont know which app or process is using.i checked windows downloads and microsoft both were not using.i dont know what more background apps there.

If there is an live monitoring app that would be better,than storing data ,whener i connect internet ,it eats up all data in few mins.iam unable to use internet.iam frustrated ,how is it eating updata in such small time

:)

shaikriyaz1, Feb 24, 2020

2. network internet data usage

Hi,

One possible reason why the network data usage isn't showing up may be due to a third party program causing it not to work properly. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you using a third party app to monitor your internet usage?
    • Are you on a metered connection? To check, click this
      link
      and follow the steps.

We look forward to your response.

Kristoffer Abs, Feb 24, 2020
  3. Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Feb 24, 2020
  4. Internet usage in background

Black Lock screen BACKGROUND

Hi Bill,

Let us know the make and model of your computer.

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to set the lock screen background to picture and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Step 3: Update the Display Adapter drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update Driver Software
    • Restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the lock screen background for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

Internet usage in background

1. Internet usage in background - Similar Threads - Internet usage background

2. Internet Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Usage: How much internet does it require to upgrade Windows 10 to Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-usage/54362a3c-3d37-4702-a707-08cd17265e46
  3. Internet Usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Usage: How much internet does it require to upgrade Windows 10 to Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-usage/54362a3c-3d37-4702-a707-08cd17265e46
  4. Internet Usage

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. High internet usage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    High internet usage: Hi, Hope everyone is doing well.I have been dealing with an issue lately related to my network connection. Everytime I boot up my pc and connect to my network the bandwidth is full. Something is using up way too much internet and it is really irritating as I use a metered...
  6. Internet Data Usage

Internet Data Usage: Hello I have a problem with my data usage calculation in settings the data usage says I used 13.20 GB here The problem is that when I try to see what app use that data, It nly show me like 3 GB of usage What is the problem here, please help OS build: 19042.782...
  7. Heavy Internet usage

Heavy Internet usage: Hey... I check whole pc but there is no update is running but my whole internet data is automatically used. When I checked the task manager it show BITS service is using that data. But if no update is running then what is happening....PLz help to solve this...
  8. Internet usage

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internet usage: Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me in turning off data usage monitoring, I've seen all about how to reset and find it, but I want to turn it off, and still be able to use my internet. Also, does your internet get slowed down if you use too much data?...
  9. Internet Explorer running in background?

in Windows 10 Support
    Internet Explorer running in background?: Now & again I run CCleaner & as usual it comes up with a list of Temporary files, Chrome cookies & cache, Windows log files etc to be cleaned. However, it also lists Internet Explorer cookies & temporary internet files. Why is this this since I never use Internet Explorer or...
  10. A way to stop background network usage

A way to stop background network usage: Hi all! I always update my system before anything to minimize anything that could interrupt my activities. I recently had a problem with Windows Store Apps not updating. The problem was very persistent and I decided to refresh Windows. Now Apps Updates and Store are...