Windows 10: Internet via mobile hotspot on bluetooth

Discus and support Internet via mobile hotspot on bluetooth in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to connect my HP Pavilion Windows 10 computer to internet using the mobile hotspot on my phone via Bluetooth. I have activated mobile... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RoyalRain, Jan 12, 2020.

1. RoyalRain Win User

Internet via mobile hotspot on bluetooth

I am trying to connect my HP Pavilion Windows 10 computer to internet using the mobile hotspot on my phone via Bluetooth. I have activated mobile hotspot on my phone and connected the computer to the phone via Bluetooth. However, I cannot find where to tell the computer to use the Bluetooth for internet connection via the phone's hotspot. Can anyone help?

:)

RoyalRain, Jan 12, 2020
  2. Suman_B Win User

Hotspot internet using Bluetooth

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, we would need some information.

1. Are you trying to create a hotspot through Bluetooth on your PC?
    2. What is the version and
      build
      of you operating system? In the Search box, type
      winver
      to get this info.
    3. What is the Make and the model of the Phone and Computer?

If you want to create a Hotspot on your PC, suggest you to refer this article
    Use your PC as a mobile hotspot.

As you have mentioned that you want to use Bluetooth to connect to internet, you will need to enable the Bluetooth Tethering option on your phone and then connect the phone through Bluetooth with the PC.

If you are using an iPhone, please refer the section Connect to Personal Hotspot with Bluetooth
    from the article
    If Personal Hotspot is not working on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular)

If you are using an Android phone please refer the steps in the article
    Share a mobile connection by tethering or hotspot on Android

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Suman_B, Jan 12, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Not working

Hi,

Your Bluetooth connection may be enabled which prevents you from setting up your mobile hotspot. To have this addressed, we suggest turning off the Bluetooth connection and see if you're able to set up your mobile hotspot. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings and select Devices.
    • Click Bluetooth, then toggle it OFF.

Once done, check if you can now turn on your computer's mobile hotspot. Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 12, 2020
  4. BornHydra Win User

Turn on Mobile Hotspot via Bluetooth

I found that using a hotspot on my phone I can provide an internet connection in the field, but how do I switch on mobile hotspot on the mini pc with bluetooth? As mentioned above, I do not see the mini pc in my wifi list.

BornHydra, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Internet via mobile hotspot on bluetooth - Similar Threads - Internet via mobile

2. Unable to access internet Via Mobile hotspot in in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to access internet Via Mobile hotspot in in windows 10: Hi,We're currently encountering an issue with Windows 10 where connecting to WiFi through mobile hotspots results in a "Connected, No Internet" status. Strangely, the hotspot device has internet access and successfully connects with other devices. This problem seems to be...
  3. Unable to access internet Via Mobile hotspot in in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access internet Via Mobile hotspot in in windows 10: Hi,We're currently encountering an issue with Windows 10 where connecting to WiFi through mobile hotspots results in a "Connected, No Internet" status. Strangely, the hotspot device has internet access and successfully connects with other devices. This problem seems to be...
  4. Unable to access internet Via Mobile hotspot in in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Mobile Hotspot via Bluetooth. Is the Bluetooth protocol Classic or Low Energy?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mobile Hotspot via Bluetooth. Is the Bluetooth protocol Classic or Low Energy?: Wondering which Bluetooth protocol is used in the hotspot share function. Is it using Bluetooth Classic or Bluetooth Low Energy protocol? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-mobile-hotspot-via-bluetooth-is-the/a10a91ad-dec4-4d99-a2b4-c1364a40f611
  6. Windows Mobile Hotspot via Bluetooth. Is the Bluetooth protocol Classic or Low Energy?

Windows Mobile Hotspot via Bluetooth. Is the Bluetooth protocol Classic or Low Energy?: Wondering which Bluetooth protocol is used in the hotspot share function. Is it using Bluetooth Classic or Bluetooth Low Energy protocol? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-mobile-hotspot-via-bluetooth-is-the/a10a91ad-dec4-4d99-a2b4-c1364a40f611
  7. How to remotely turn on mobile hotspot on Windows11 via bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remotely turn on mobile hotspot on Windows11 via bluetooth: All the help on this topic seems to say in order to enable remote activation of Windows 11 mobile hotspot via a bluetooth device we need to enable the "Turn on Remotely" switch. I am running Windows 11, and I do not see such a switch on the mobile hotspot page. I am able to...
  8. How to remotely turn on mobile hotspot on Windows11 via bluetooth

How to remotely turn on mobile hotspot on Windows11 via bluetooth: All the help on this topic seems to say in order to enable remote activation of Windows 11 mobile hotspot via a bluetooth device we need to enable the "Turn on Remotely" switch. I am running Windows 11, and I do not see such a switch on the mobile hotspot page. I am able to...
  9. Internet is not being shared via Mobile Hotspot to another PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet is not being shared via Mobile Hotspot to another PC: I have 2 PCs with OS windows 10. One has a connection to internet through Ethernet and the other does not. I have 2 Wifi-USB dongle devices. One of which is on Ethernet connected PCPC1 and the other one on the other PCPC2. When I share my internet through Mobile Hotspot on...
  10. Turn on Mobile Hotspot via Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Turn on Mobile Hotspot via Bluetooth: Hi There I am trying to use my Windows 10 Pro laptop to turn on Mobile Hotspot on a Windows 10 Pro Mini PC. Background / Objective: The Mini PC (Kodlix GN41) is connected to a telescope, and is used out in the field. I want to be able to control the telescope from the...