Windows 10: Internet videos not playing when connected to a specific wifi.

Discus and support Internet videos not playing when connected to a specific wifi. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Whenever I connect to a specific wifi that is available in my apartment, everything works fine except videos. No video seems to play. If I start a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ImadAhmed1, May 3, 2020.

1. Internet videos not playing when connected to a specific wifi.

Whenever I connect to a specific wifi that is available in my apartment, everything works fine except videos.

No video seems to play. If I start a video, it goes on buffering and then eventually tells me that I have network issues, though everything else works fast.

I know my laptop isn't the issue cause videos play just fine when I connect to cellular data. Further, there have been occasions when videos have played when connected to this particular wifi, though these occasions are rarer than a solar eclipse.

Any solutions?

:)

ImadAhmed1, May 3, 2020
  2. Joe Men Win User

Can't play videos on the Internet

Hello,

For us to troubleshooting your concern, provide the following information:

• What is the model of your phone?
    • Which version of Windows 10 Mobile is it running on?
    • What is the name of the app you've used to play videos on the Internet?
    • What is the error message you've received when you attempted to play videos?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Provide additional details on how you're playing the videos on your phone.
    We hope to hear from you soon.

Joe Men, May 3, 2020
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    video not playing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know, which video player you are using to play the video?
    2. Are you able to play the video on any other computer?
    3. Are you facing the issue with only specific video or with all the other videos?

This issue could also occur when the USB or SD card is corrupted when you have transferred the video.

Try the troubleshooting methods provided below to further narrow down the root cause of the issue.

Method 1: Try a different video player.

1. Try to use a different USB to transfer the video, if you are playing it on other computer or device.
    2. I suggest you to try a different video player and check if it plays.
    3. You can also check on different device or computer.

Step: Run Windows Media player troubleshooter.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Copy and paste the below command and run each at a time and follow the onscreen instruction on the troubleshooter
    3. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerConfigurationDiagnostic
    4. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerLibraryDiagnostic
    5. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerDVDDiagnostic
    6. Reboot the computer and check.
    If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, May 3, 2020
  4. Internet videos not playing when connected to a specific wifi.

Chrome Crashing & Video won't play

Hi Jone,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Is the issue with playing video is only with confined to specific browser?

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    As the issue still persists, I suggest you to try the below steps.

Step 1: For the issue related to Chrome, refer to the below link:

Google Chrome Help

Step 2: For the issue related to paying video through browser, try updating Add on in Internet explorer and check if it helps.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/manage-add-ons#ie=ie-11

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 3, 2020
Thema:

Internet videos not playing when connected to a specific wifi.

1. Internet videos not playing when connected to a specific wifi. - Similar Threads - Internet videos playing

2. Blue screen when connecting to specific wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen when connecting to specific wifi: Hello, I have seen different people with the same-ish problem, but each with different solutions, depending on the minidump file. Mine, the latest, can be found here. My mother changed internet provider, and now that I am back for the holiday season I can't connect to the...
  3. Blue screen when connecting to specific wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen when connecting to specific wifi: Hello, I have seen different people with the same-ish problem, but each with different solutions, depending on the minidump file. Mine, the latest, can be found here. My mother changed internet provider, and now that I am back for the holiday season I can't connect to the...
  4. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD when connecting via Wifi to specific Wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD when connecting via Wifi to specific Wifi: AS stated above when I enter the password to my home wifi not others and click next the computer freezes and crashes, looking around I have tried updating the realtek wifi adapter drivers but it does not work, I also have tried resetting network and a couple other things.My...
  5. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD when connecting via Wifi to specific Wifi

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD when connecting via Wifi to specific Wifi: AS stated above when I enter the password to my home wifi not others and click next the computer freezes and crashes, looking around I have tried updating the realtek wifi adapter drivers but it does not work, I also have tried resetting network and a couple other things.My...
  6. specific wifi gets weaker when connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    specific wifi gets weaker when connected: So, this situation is happening just on my Samsung laptop, and just for this specific wifi.There's no problem with any other devices or connecting with other wifis.Since last month, my dormitory's wifi gets weaker when connected. Normally, it is full strength and it shows...
  7. specific wifi gets weaker when connected

specific wifi gets weaker when connected: So, this situation is happening just on my Samsung laptop, and just for this specific wifi.There's no problem with any other devices or connecting with other wifis.Since last month, my dormitory's wifi gets weaker when connected. Normally, it is full strength and it shows...
  8. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when connecting to specific wifi network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when connecting to specific wifi network: My Lenovo laptop was working fine then a couple days ago when trying to connect to a specific wifi network, its completely freezes.Deleted and completely reinstalled windows. And it didnt solve the problem. Updated my WLAN driver and still freezing.Any idea how to fix this...
  9. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when connecting to specific wifi network

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when connecting to specific wifi network: My Lenovo laptop was working fine then a couple days ago when trying to connect to a specific wifi network, its completely freezes.Deleted and completely reinstalled windows. And it didnt solve the problem. Updated my WLAN driver and still freezing.Any idea how to fix this...
  10. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when connecting to specific wifi network

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging