Windows 10: Internet Websites

Discus and support Internet Websites in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I recently purchased a laptop for my nephews and I wanted to know on how to limit the websites that they can go to? I tried researching... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mark1221A, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Mark1221A Win User

Internet Websites

Hello,

I recently purchased a laptop for my nephews and I wanted to know on how to limit the websites that they can go to?

I tried researching about this matter and what I found is only applicable to Microsoft Edge. I would like to know as to how to do this with other browser Google Chrome installed on the device. In addition, the other user is already added as a Family Member.

Thanks.

Mark

:)

Mark1221A, Jul 12, 2020

2. Unable to access YouTube websites on Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge on Windows 10

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the YouTube on Windows browsers, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message/ error code while trying to access the web pages?
    • Does this issue specific only with YouTube?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

Try the below workarounds to identify what is causing the issue:

• Try to access YouTube in different browser and check if it is working fine. This will let us know if the issue is with the website/ the Microsoft browsers.
    • Also, try to access different website on Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.

Try the below troubleshooting steps to access the website and check if it helps.

Method 1: For Internet Explorer

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type
      troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click on Internet Explorer Performance
      and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: If the issue is only on Internet Explorer and to specific website, I suggest you to view the website in compatibility view to check if the issue is confined to compatibility.

Steps to view the website in compatibility view:

• Open Internet Explorer
      and open the website.
    • Click on Gear/ Settings icon at the right-top corner of the window.
    • Click on Compatibility View Settings, click on Add
      to add the website and click on Close.
    • Reopen the website and check if the issue persists.

Step 3: If the issue still persists, I suggest you to access the website in
    InPrivate mode and check.

InPrivate Browsing enables you to surf the web without leaving a trail in Internet Explorer. This helps prevent anyone else who might be using your computer from seeing what sites you visited and what you looked at on the web. You can start InPrivate
    Browsing from the New Tab page or the Safety button.

Steps to open the browser in InPrivate mode:

Open Internet Explorer, press Shift+Ctrl+P
    to open the browser in InPrivate mode and try to access the website.

Method 2: For Microsoft Edge:

I suggest you to check if the Adobe Flash player is enabled on Microsoft Edge.

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on More actions
      (...) in the right-top corner of Microsoft Edge window.
    • Click on Settings, scroll down and click on
      Advanced settings
    • Enable Use Adobe Flash Player
    • Check if the issue persists with accessing the YouTube websites.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status to access YouTube website on Microsoft browsers for further

assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 12, 2020
  3. Runtime error while trying to access UHRS website on Internet Explorer in Windows 10

Hi Venkata,

As you are facing issues with accessing UHRS website on Internet Explorer, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you able to access the website on different browser (Microsoft Edge)?
    • Is the issue confined to this specific website on Internet Explorer?

If the issue specific only to Internet Explorer, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click onInternet Explorer Performance and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to perform some of the troubleshooting steps from the link below link, Turn off add-ons, Reset Internet Explorer Settings, Open the page in Compatibility View etc. and check if it helps:

What to do when Internet Explorer isn't working

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings
    feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you
    use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Also re-enable the add-ons..

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

4. Internet Websites

Error: "Internet Explorer is not responding" and "Website not responding" while accessing the browser on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your response and information.

As Windows 10 as Microsoft Edge in-built browser, I suggest you to try that browser and check if this issue persists.

For the issues with Internet Explorer try the below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click onInternet Explorer Performance and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to turn off and on Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R, type Control Panel
      and hit Enter.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Click on Turn Windows features on or off from the left pane.
    • Uncheck Internet Explorer, click on Ok.
    • Restart the computer and repeat the same as above to place a check mark on Internet Explorer.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Thema:

Internet Websites

1. Internet Websites - Similar Threads - Internet Websites

2. My internet only works for certain applications and websites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My internet only works for certain applications and websites: My computer randomly started having trouble connecting to certain websites and applications, I restarted it in order to attempt to fix it, went ahead and reset my adapter settings, connected and disconnected my LAN cable and yet it doesn't work.Any help is appreciated...
  3. My internet only works for certain applications and websites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My internet only works for certain applications and websites: My computer randomly started having trouble connecting to certain websites and applications, I restarted it in order to attempt to fix it, went ahead and reset my adapter settings, connected and disconnected my LAN cable and yet it doesn't work.Any help is appreciated...
  4. I can't go to Google or any website. My internet connection is good

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't go to Google or any website. My internet connection is good: BestI cannot go to the Google website or any website even if my internet connection is good. I call the DODO services provider. They are trying they are best to help me still same....
  5. I can't go to Google or any website. My internet connection is good

I can't go to Google or any website. My internet connection is good: BestI cannot go to the Google website or any website even if my internet connection is good. I call the DODO services provider. They are trying they are best to help me still same....
  6. I can't go to Google or any website. My internet connection is good

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. My computer says it’s connected to the internet but I am unable to run websites or apps I...

My computer says it’s connected to the internet but I am unable to run websites or apps I...: Hi, I’ve got a problem with my computer it says it’s connected to the internet but when I try to run any websites or apps I have installed it says that I’m offline or not connected to the internet. I troubleshoot it but it says it should be fine. I’ve reset networks, rebooted...
  8. My computer says it’s connected to the internet but I am unable to run websites or apps I...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My computer says it’s connected to the internet but I am unable to run websites or apps I...: Hi, I’ve got a problem with my computer it says it’s connected to the internet but when I try to run any websites or apps I have installed it says that I’m offline or not connected to the internet. I troubleshoot it but it says it should be fine. I’ve reset networks, rebooted...
  9. My computer says it’s connected to the internet but I am unable to run websites or apps I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. My computer is connected to the internet, but multiple apps/websites say I am not

My computer is connected to the internet, but multiple apps/websites say I am not: My computer is connected to the internet, and I am able to do things online Steam, Roblox, Google. However, some websites and apps say that I am having issues because I am not connected to the internet. So far, this has happened with Spotify, the Epic Games Launcher, and...