Windows 10: internet/wifi issues

Discus and support internet/wifi issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I just purchased this HP laptop last month and have had 2 occurrences when my laptop will disconnect from my wifi at home and then not show up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by chood, Dec 31, 2018.

1. chood Win User

internet/wifi issues

Hello, I just purchased this HP laptop last month and have had 2 occurrences when my laptop will disconnect from my wifi at home and then not show up any wifi available networks. This is just on this computer, my other laptop and phone are connected and working. Would like some help to prevent this from happening again. Thank you.

:)

chood, Dec 31, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

wifi issues

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X.

• Select Device manager

• Next select ‘Network Adapters’ and under it, you will find a Wi-Fi controller listed. Select it.

• Double-click the controller to open the adapter’s Property window and switch to ‘Drivers’ tab

• Next, click the ‘Disable’ button and hit ‘Ok’ to apply the changes. See if it helps

Method 2 : Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter
    Method 3.

Try updating the Network Adapter drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the Network Adapter drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand Network Adapter.

c. Right-click on the Ethernet and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Dec 31, 2018
  3. Internet issues with Windows 10

Hello Bryan,

We are sorry to know that you are facing this issue. We'll certainly assist you with this.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • What is the exact error message or code you receive?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Set Internet Explorer as default browser

I suggest you to set Internet Explorer as default web browser and restart the computer and see if it helps.

Disable Proxy

Sometimes using proxy to connect to the internet may cause issues while connecting to the network.

Follow the steps below to disable proxy:

• Press “Windows Key” + “R”.
    • Type “inetcpl.cpl”.
    • Go to Connection.
    • Click on LAN Settings.
    • Check the box which says Automatically detect settings.
    • Uncheck the box under Proxy server.

Run Internet Connection Troubleshooter

Though you are able to use internet, there could be some problems or some settings which could have stopped Windows services to connect to the internet.

I suggest you to run the Internet connection troubleshooter to fix such issues, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type Control
    • Click on Troubleshooting
    • Click on Connect to the internet
    • Click on Next and follow the On-screen instructions

Hope this helps, get back to us if you need further assistance.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Dec 31, 2018
  4. Johan45 Win User

internet/wifi issues

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

internet/wifi issues

1. internet/wifi issues - Similar Threads - internet wifi issues

2. wifi no internet issue, 'SuspectArpProbeFailed'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi no internet issue, 'SuspectArpProbeFailed': Hi ,l meet a wi-fi no internet issue in my laptop, sometimes my laptop's wi-fi would have no internet suddenly.And here the picture is the wlanreport l exported from the laptop.Is there anyone know what does the wlanreport error 'SuspectArpProbeFailed' mean? And what should l...
  3. wifi no internet issue, 'SuspectArpProbeFailed'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wifi no internet issue, 'SuspectArpProbeFailed': Hi ,l meet a wi-fi no internet issue in my laptop, sometimes my laptop's wi-fi would have no internet suddenly.And here the picture is the wlanreport l exported from the laptop.Is there anyone know what does the wlanreport error 'SuspectArpProbeFailed' mean? And what should l...
  4. Internet/Wifi issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet/Wifi issues: I have an HP stream laptop 14, and recently in my home we've replaced the internet. I've tried everything to connect my laptop to this new Wi-Fi but it is not working. I've checked the drivers and it says there all up to date. and even with my iPhone XR it wont connect to my...
  5. Internet/Wifi issues

Internet/Wifi issues: I have an HP stream laptop 14, and recently in my home we've replaced the internet. I've tried everything to connect my laptop to this new Wi-Fi but it is not working. I've checked the drivers and it says there all up to date. and even with my iPhone XR it wont connect to my...
  6. Internet/Wifi issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Internet connectivity and wifi Issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet connectivity and wifi Issue.: Hi community, I have HP pavillion laptop with 4 gb nividia graphics and ssd+hdd installed with windows 11. I reset my network setting once before connecting with my newly installed wifi connection but my speed on laptop is not upto the mark it ranges from 7mbps to 14mbps....
  8. Internet connectivity and wifi Issue.

Internet connectivity and wifi Issue.: Hi community, I have HP pavillion laptop with 4 gb nividia graphics and ssd+hdd installed with windows 11. I reset my network setting once before connecting with my newly installed wifi connection but my speed on laptop is not upto the mark it ranges from 7mbps to 14mbps....
  9. Wifi no internet, open issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi no internet, open issue: My laptop is win10 I bought second hand and it’s been very good to me. Only issue is when I try to connect to my work wifi (I live and work remotely) it isn’t able to access the login page. Now two things happen, sometimes a warning about the certificate comes up. I press...
  10. Issues accessing the internet after connecting to wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues accessing the internet after connecting to wifi: Ive been having this issue on my windows 10 laptop latey where my laptop will be connected to the wifi but I wont have any internet connection. When running the diagnostic I get the issue that “the computer was manually disconnected from...”. I’ve tried several different...