Windows 10: Internet will frequently randomly spike to a really high ping

Discus and support Internet will frequently randomly spike to a really high ping in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have noticed that for a few weeks now that anywhere from tow to five times a day my internet will just randomly get really really slow, This seems to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TuxMan531, Aug 23, 2021.

1. TuxMan531 Win User

Internet will frequently randomly spike to a really high ping

I have noticed that for a few weeks now that anywhere from tow to five times a day my internet will just randomly get really really slow, This seems to happen randomly, when I'm on discord the ping counter will jump to 5000ping but it won't disconnect me these typically last anywhere from 1 minute to 3 minutes, I play an online videogame overwatch and when this happens I don't just loose connection I will just experience really slow internet characters running in place being teleported around, at first I thought it had something to do with my wireless wifi adapter I'm not an expert on

:)

TuxMan531, Aug 23, 2021

2. Windows 10 high ping spikes randomly

As the tittle says i get high ping spikes in games and discord randomly 1000+ ms (while my brother is on the same discord server with , me he has around 60-70ms) when i go to task manager network usage it says 0% usage or 1 % but the i see some services
    at the top and the game/games almost at the bottom .

I ran the latest updates for windows.

My specs : cpu r5 1600 , motherboard asrock ab350 pro4 , 16 gb ram , gpu rx 580 8gb , 250 gb ssd

THEODORSTEFANOGIANNIS, Aug 23, 2021
  3. Random Disconnects and Frequent Ping Spikes??

Ok, as the title says, I'm getting random disconnects and very frequent ping spikes during games. The disconnects seem to happen after the computer has been on for a while. I'll leave my computer on at night seeding some files and the next morning nothing I won't be able to access the internet. A simple restart fixes this though. To make sure it wasn't just my computer, I got set up a backup computer running Win7 RC right next to my main one and it works fine.

Also, during games (BF2) I get a very high average ping as well as frequent ping spikes. My average ping will jump from 30ms like it should to around 300ms. Then sometimes, it'll spike to 600ms or something then it'll go back down to something near 300. I know this is isolated to this computer, because I got BF2 running on the backup computer and went to the same server and its ping was like 30ms, while my main computer was like 300ms. Both of these computers are plugged into the same switch, which connects to a router.

I've also checked the background processes. Everything that isn't necessary to game with was killed. So the only thing that would access the internet would be the game. Still had the same issues.

Just for fun, I even threw another NIC that I had laying around. SAME ISSUE. So that seems to eliminate the mobo's integrated NIC as the issue.

I don't know where the problem lies. It's frustrating because this ultra fast watercooled quad core machine can't get a decent ping while this other Pentium D machine plays fine. *Bang Head :banghead: Help is greatly appreciated.

angelkiller, Aug 23, 2021
  4. Internet will frequently randomly spike to a really high ping

Really annoyed with random ping spikes.

I will ping the 3 while gaming later and report back. Also I wasn't home when the cable guy installed the new modem. As far as I know he just hooked up the new modem and did a few speed tests to confirm the correct speeds. I doubt it's the router or modem, probably a bad cable somewhere?

To put into comparison. Try playing an online game and download a game in the background. That is the same exact result that happens when my latency spikes. The Internet latency pings up really high but the router/modem do not ping up with it.

lwgnlseven, Aug 23, 2021
Thema:

Internet will frequently randomly spike to a really high ping

1. Internet will frequently randomly spike to a really high ping - Similar Threads - Internet frequently randomly

2. High ping spikes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High ping spikes: So when i try to play roblox i always get a very high ping that lasts about 3 seconds where everyone is stuck and after that time everything goes back to normal for about 20 seconds and the same thing happends again over and over. I have watched so many videos but none of...
  3. High ping spikes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High ping spikes: So when i try to play roblox i always get a very high ping that lasts about 3 seconds where everyone is stuck and after that time everything goes back to normal for about 20 seconds and the same thing happends again over and over. I have watched so many videos but none of...
  4. High ping spikes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Having really High Ping spikes while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having really High Ping spikes while gaming: I am having really high ping spikes all of a sudden while gaming. It just happens recently and work fine before. I am hard wire in and nobody else have this problem and I will have it when no one else is online. I try some basic trouble shooting. I also notice Window event...
  6. Having really High Ping spikes while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having really High Ping spikes while gaming: I am having really high ping spikes all of a sudden while gaming. It just happens recently and work fine before. I am hard wire in and nobody else have this problem and I will have it when no one else is online. I try some basic trouble shooting. I also notice Window event...
  7. Having really High Ping spikes while gaming

8. Ping Spikes, randomly and frequently

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ping Spikes, randomly and frequently: Ping spikes, Windows 10, over all connections. Hi, I have been getting huge ping spikes / drop outs for a long while now and can't figure out what's causing it. I'm 99% sure it's my laptop, because I've done ping tests simultaneously across multiple devices/connections and...
  9. Random High Ping Spikes

Random High Ping Spikes: Internet, This is my first post ever, so no judge haha. Anyways, I've been having quite large ping spikes from 100-999+. It makes all online games pretty much unplayable, I'm not quite sure what the issue is after looking at 10+ different website, nothing seems to work. I've...
  10. Windows 10 high ping spikes randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 high ping spikes randomly: As the tittle says i get high ping spikes in games and discord randomly 1000+ ms (while my brother is on the same discord server with , me he has around 60-70ms) when i go to task manager network usage it says 0% usage or 1 % but the i see some services at the top and the...