Windows 10: Internet windows 10 Alienware gaming computer 2 years old

Discus and support Internet windows 10 Alienware gaming computer 2 years old in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a great computer and i have a weird problem with my new internet service i am connected for an hour no problem and after that i lose connection... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HG Bl4ckOut, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Internet windows 10 Alienware gaming computer 2 years old

I have a great computer and i have a weird problem with my new internet service i am connected for an hour no problem and after that i lose connection until i disconnect and reconnect again then it works fine for a while. Also when im playing a game like runescape and decide to look somthing up on internet explorer its says im not connected To internet yet runescape is an online game and it still work its a really weird problem i cant find any info on

:)

HG Bl4ckOut, Feb 4, 2020
  2. JosieRN Win User

Dell Alienware Computer Incompatible with Windows 10 ???

I was getting ready to install Windows 10 on my 3 year old Dell Alienware M17 x R4 A12 computer.

I went to the Dell website and learned that Windows 10 has not been tested for my computer and upgrading to Win 10 is NOT recommended.

I called Alienware support and they said that this is because there are no Drivers developed for my computer that work with Windows. Additionally .... they said THEY ARE NOT DEVELOPING ANY DRIVERS.

I am VERY upset and furious that they suggest I buy a NEW Alienware computer at a cost of $1500.

So Microsoft ..... what is going on with this ??

NEVER at any time over the last 20 years and MANY Windows Upgrades, have I been told that a computer I own cannot be upgraded to the newest version ????

Dell says it is a Microsoft issue and that I should talk to Microsoft because THEY may have developed advanced Drivers to go with this new Advances Windows version.

I am thinking there is not a chance in **** I am going to pay $1500 for a new computer to accommodate Microsoft or Dell's inability to develop Drivers required for my 3 year old computer --- PLUS more money because I will miss out on a free software upgrade.

Microsoft: Surely I am not the only person with this problem ! Have YOU developed any Drivers I might need in the process of upgrading to Windows 10 ???? Please clarify.

As much trouble as it might be to change operating systems ....... I'm thinking Apple might be the place I am most likely to spend my money.

JosieRN, Feb 4, 2020
  3. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

Explore Windows 10 OS, Computers, Apps, & More | Microsoft

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Feb 4, 2020
  4. Internet windows 10 Alienware gaming computer 2 years old

Old Computer Games

I (very) recently updated from a deteriorating Windows 7 Toshiba Satellite. Over the years I had that laptop, I was able to download some of my dad's old computer games, including Freespace 2, MechWarrior 4: Vengence, Microsoft Flight Simulator 3: Battle
    for Europe, and the X-Wing games (please take note of these specific games I listed. I want to be able to play them.) I have been able to successfully re-download a majority of these games, but I cannot get past the shortcut. My computer asks me if I want
    to make changes to my computer, and I select "yes".

Nothing happens.

I repeat this process several more times, and even try it with other (old) games.

Nothing. Frickin'. Happens.

Are my games out of date? did I do something wrong? Please help.

(Do note, the Mechwarrior game was released 2001; the Freespace game was released 1999; the MFS3 was released 2003; the X-wing games were released in the '90s.)

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

SpartanChief17C, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

Internet windows 10 Alienware gaming computer 2 years old

1. Internet windows 10 Alienware gaming computer 2 years old - Similar Threads - Internet Alienware gaming

2. Old disk computer games on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old disk computer games on Windows 10?: So I found a couple of old disk computer games from my childhood. I tried to see if I could get them to work with my Dell computer, which runs Windows 10, but it said it wouldn’t work. I was wondering if anyone know any way to get old disk computer games to work with Windows...
  3. Old disk computer games on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old disk computer games on Windows 10?: So I found a couple of old disk computer games from my childhood. I tried to see if I could get them to work with my Dell computer, which runs Windows 10, but it said it wouldn’t work. I was wondering if anyone know any way to get old disk computer games to work with Windows...
  4. 2+ year old Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming PC not supported by Windows 11??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2+ year old Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming PC not supported by Windows 11??: I have a 2+ year old Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming PC. Windows 11 PC Health check/compatibility app says processor is unsupported? Really, Windows 11 doesn't support processors that are only a couple years old? Here is the compatibility check result:...
  5. 2+ year old Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming PC not supported by Windows 11??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2+ year old Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming PC not supported by Windows 11??: I have a 2+ year old Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming PC. Windows 11 PC Health check/compatibility app says processor is unsupported? Really, Windows 11 doesn't support processors that are only a couple years old? Here is the compatibility check result:...
  6. Multiple Blue Screens on year old computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple Blue Screens on year old computer: A couple weeks ago I had a blue screen and made a post here: "I've had some issues with my graphics drivers before this, with driver timeouts and the occasional Black screen restart, but recently I have not had too many issues until this BSOD. It happened when I checked for...
  7. Alienware Alpha i3, about 4-5 years old, having a bundle of internet issues.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Alienware Alpha i3, about 4-5 years old, having a bundle of internet issues.: For a while now, my Alienware Alpha i3 has been having trouble connecting to the internet ever since we moved to Texas. Typically, it would start out with me being unable to connect to the wifi connection, and I would have to trouble shoot it multiple times in order for it to...
  8. Move Windows 10 installation to a new drive on a 10 year-old computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Move Windows 10 installation to a new drive on a 10 year-old computer: I've read the instructions for creating media installation. I've also read a few of the posts about people going from HDD to SSD. Still, I don't feel confident and don't want to mess things up. Here's my situation. I have a Dell Inspiron 580 that I purchased in 2010. It...
  9. surface pro.. 2 years old..

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    surface pro.. 2 years old..: help needed plz..locked out of surface pro ,tried the hold shift button then restart..i get thru to full recovery trouble shoot save your files ..but nothing works ..factory reset .any ideas ..local repair shops don't want to know .....
  10. Alienware, Windows 10, WOW game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alienware, Windows 10, WOW game: It appears there is something wrong with programming somewhere. I have been playing World of Warcraft for 14 years. Until recently, I did not have Windows 10 or an Alienware computer (supposed to be a great gaming system). Only when I am in WOW, the computer kicks me out of...