Windows 10: internet windows opening repeatedly at random times

Discus and support internet windows opening repeatedly at random times in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; An internet browser would open on it's own and go to a Microsoft page or sometimes a bing search. It then keeps opening more and more of that same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by km2238, Apr 7, 2019.

1. km2238 Win User

internet windows opening repeatedly at random times

An internet browser would open on it's own and go to a Microsoft page or sometimes a bing search. It then keeps opening more and more of that same page. This starts happening at seemingly random times, even right after I turn on the computer. The browser it does this on also seems to be randomly chosen from the ones I have. If I turn on flight mode it sometimes keeps opening the pages but cant connect to load them or instead start opening tips repeatedly and loads a page there telling me to connect to the internet.

:)

km2238, Apr 7, 2019
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. Internet connection stops working at random times

Hi Pkjlee,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums. We appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing. We are glad to help you.

Try the below methods and check if it helps with your issue.

Method 1:Internet Troubleshoot

Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter

Method 2: I suggest you to update drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer
    website.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.

• Select Network Adapter and expand the driver icon.

• Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.

• Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Apr 7, 2019
  4. internet windows opening repeatedly at random times

Unable to open internet explorer

Hi Maria,

The issue occur due to connection problem to your PC. In order for us to assist you, please answer the questions below:

• Were there any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

To isolate the issue, we also suggest to check this thread and look for Morris subba answer:

Internet explorer won't open in Windows 10
    . It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Apr 7, 2019
Thema:

internet windows opening repeatedly at random times

1. internet windows opening repeatedly at random times - Similar Threads - internet opening repeatedly

2. WiFi Internet Connection Drop From Random Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi Internet Connection Drop From Random Time: Hi All,I have received a report that the internet connection is drop from time to time. And when I checked the WLANReport, I found that there is a change reason with"ChangeReason: CapabilityReset". Have anyone know what is it means? Network Adapter: RZ616 Wi-Fi 6E...
  3. PC randomly restarting / shutting down repeatedly. No bluescreen this time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly restarting / shutting down repeatedly. No bluescreen this time: I'm running into a weird problem. My PC is randomly powering down and then booting again on it's own. I'm not getting any bluescreen errors or anything it just goes black, shuts down, boots back up a second or two later. So far it's only happened after signing into windows...
  4. PC randomly restarting / shutting down repeatedly. No bluescreen this time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC randomly restarting / shutting down repeatedly. No bluescreen this time: I'm running into a weird problem. My PC is randomly powering down and then booting again on it's own. I'm not getting any bluescreen errors or anything it just goes black, shuts down, boots back up a second or two later. So far it's only happened after signing into windows...
  5. PC randomly restarting / shutting down repeatedly. No bluescreen this time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. A random CMD window Splashes after some time repeatedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A random CMD window Splashes after some time repeatedly: so, to the point, the cmd window title is 'C:\Users\GDM Music\AppData\Roaming\aejaatb'. although it splashes for a very short time but i was able to get a screenshot of it :-I have checked the location in windows explorer and cmd by typing :-'cd "C:\Users\GDM...
  7. A random CMD window Splashes after some time repeatedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A random CMD window Splashes after some time repeatedly: so, to the point, the cmd window title is 'C:\Users\GDM Music\AppData\Roaming\aejaatb'. although it splashes for a very short time but i was able to get a screenshot of it :-I have checked the location in windows explorer and cmd by typing :-'cd "C:\Users\GDM...
  8. WiFi internet dropped frequently at random time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi internet dropped frequently at random time?: This has been bugging me for almost 2 years. Since 19xx update, my WiFi seem dropped its internet connection (WiFi still connected, IP still OK. And no, my internet is FINE). I need to disconnect and reconnect when it happen. Happen frequently when boot PC or wake from sleep....
  9. Bat file to sync time, then open Time and Date to Internet Time tab

in Windows 10 Support
    Bat file to sync time, then open Time and Date to Internet Time tab: A few years back, I had a bat file (that may have been written by Shawn B) that did three things: it launched the time syncing process, then when the process had succeeded, it triggered the playing of a sound, and finally, it opened the Time and Date dialog directly to the...
  10. Internet connection repeatedly dropping

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet connection repeatedly dropping: Hi Hope someone can help. For a couple of weeks now I have found that my internet connection keeps dropping. No change in hardware - same PC, same router, wireless connection. Other iPad, phones, TV, etc. no problems. Previously had odd dropping out, but nothing like as...