Windows 10: Internet Windows Unresponsive for A Minute or So After Returning From ScreenSaver

Discus and support Internet Windows Unresponsive for A Minute or So After Returning From ScreenSaver in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Greetings, First, thanks for any assistance you can give. It's much appreciated. I have a PC with an i5, 8GB memory, and dual drive HDD, and SDD. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DKColoradoAvalanche, Mar 14, 2021.

1. Internet Windows Unresponsive for A Minute or So After Returning From ScreenSaver

Greetings,

First, thanks for any assistance you can give. It's much appreciated.

I have a PC with an i5, 8GB memory, and dual drive HDD, and SDD. I have Windows 10.0.18363 build 18363.

For some time now, maybe 6 months roughly, when my computer goes into screensaver, I wake it, and my website windows are frozen, meaning I cannot scroll the page. This lasts roughly 1 minute until it magically starts working again. The freeze doesn't effect anything else on my computer, meaning I can use MS Word, or Excel, or games, or whathave you. The only freeze are website windows. This happens with Chrome, Firefox, MS Edge.

Any advise you can offer is much appreciated. Thanks for your time and assistance.

Regards,

DK

:)

DKColoradoAvalanche, Mar 14, 2021
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Internet Windows Unresponsive for A Minute or So After Returning From ScreenSaver :)

terrace, Mar 14, 2021
  3. screensaver versus no screensaver

On Windows XP, the screensaver was running even when the montior was off which is a waste. Ever since I discovered that, I simply turn screensavers off and have the monitor power down in 5 minutes or less.

FordGT90Concept, Mar 14, 2021
  4. James79 Win User

Internet Windows Unresponsive for A Minute or So After Returning From ScreenSaver

Screensaver issue...

I'm having a serious issue with my screensaver. Anytime I step away from my laptop...within a minute or so it will go directly into screensaver mode. This is with the screensaver disabled. How do I fix this problem...it's driving me nuts.

James79, Mar 14, 2021
Thema:

Internet Windows Unresponsive for A Minute or So After Returning From ScreenSaver

1. Internet Windows Unresponsive for A Minute or So After Returning From ScreenSaver - Similar Threads - Internet Unresponsive Minute

2. Unresponsive applications and buffering taskbar after a minute

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unresponsive applications and buffering taskbar after a minute: Hi there, I’ve recently come across a major problem with my HP Envy 2020 that I recently bought regarding being able to click and run applications. I went home over Christmas and the computer was working amazingly, but since I’ve moved, I struggle to even run a program....
  3. Google Maps becomes unresponsive after a few minutes

in Browsers and Email
    Google Maps becomes unresponsive after a few minutes: I have this peculiar problem: When i use Google Maps in my browser, i can click around, search and zoom but after a few minutes Google Maps becomes unresponsive and just "hangs". The browser tab indicates that the page is loading. Sometimes the problem goes away after a few...
  4. No internet for a minute or so after booting 2004 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No internet for a minute or so after booting 2004 update: Like the title says, before updating to v2004, my PC would boot and everything was ready to go. Now, I boot into Windows 10 and I've got no internet for a minute or so, before it connects. Hugely annoying, what gives? What even changed regarding networking? submitted by...
  5. screensaver comes on after a minute

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    screensaver comes on after a minute: I have tried changing the screensaver in the settings panel but whatever I do it still comes on after a minute, which makes it difficult for me to read a recipe or a music score....
  6. Old screensaver returned after factory reset.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Old screensaver returned after factory reset.: After my pc had slowed down considerably I decided it was time to reset. I chose the “Remove Everything” option and everything went smoothly, and when it booted up I was met with a blank canvas. However today I restarted my laptop and after logging in I was met by my old...
  7. Auto Lock after 2 minutes without screensaver?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Auto Lock after 2 minutes without screensaver?: Hello, Before I installed 10586, I had my computer auto lock Windows 10 10240 after a couple minutes without having the screensaver turn on, so it went to my custom lock screen wallpaper. I can't figure out how to make it happen again in Windows 10586. And also when I...
  8. Audio programs fail after computer returns from screensaver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio programs fail after computer returns from screensaver: This problem has been driving me crazy. After my laptop goes to screensaver, the music continues to play, when I enter my pin it will stop and hitting the play button keeps it on zero with no playback. It would also happen that if I had an Aux cable connected and...
  9. All screens are small when returning from screensaver

in Windows 10 Support
    All screens are small when returning from screensaver: I use a 32" LED TV as a monitor. I have for the last 4 years happily through Windows 7 and 8.1. Since moving over to Windows 10 if I walk away from my desktop for an extended period my screen is switched off as I expect but, when i jiggle my mouse the screen wakes up okay...
  10. All screens are small when returning from screensaver

in Windows 10 Support
    All screens are small when returning from screensaver: I use a 32" LED TV as a monitor. I have for the last 4 years happily through Windows 7 and 8.1. Since moving over to Windows 10 if I walk away from my desktop for an extended period my screen is switched off as I expect but, when i jiggle my mouse the screen wakes up okay...