Windows 10: Internet with my coax cable

Discus and support Internet with my coax cable in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello I was looking for a solution to my internet speed problems I’m having when I came across one of your replies. It was in reference to a question... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by HappyPup3845152, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Internet with my coax cable

Hello I was looking for a solution to my internet speed problems I’m having when I came across one of your replies. It was in reference to a question someone had about getting internet service and what a is a router. Now I’d say that I have above average person knowledge about internet and WiFi but I do think my problem is kinda unique. And there’s one very basic thing I should know but don’t. I saw your excellent reply and how precise you were with your answers I hope that u have the time to read this and answer my question and hopefully helping me figure/solve this problem which has troubled me for a year now. My situation is this the apartment I live in offers free cable. Well it’s not cable even though it’s just the tv remo te with no set top box it’s direct tv in every apartment. Not the cable they advertise but that’s no matter I just wanted u to know that it’s direct tv I don’t know if this matters but they give us that included in our rent every month. They used to offer free WiFi but no longer do, now we’re told to call century link because cox doesn’t offer service in my zip code I live in Las Vegas NV in one of 3 zip codes that cox don’t offer any type of internet so they said call century link now for the internet. So what I did was take one of the 4 modems I own and tried plugging in the only coax cable in my apartment to it and bam I had internet again not great internet I would get between 7-24 mbps on the down side and 1.5-2 on the up side and this is how my internet would work for about 90% of the time the other times I would do the usual things unplug the modem/router all in one I was using when times were long with the internet down I’d even swap out the modem but the internet wouldn’t come back on the upload speed light on the modem would just always flash sometimes the WiFi light would flash but ultimately it was the last light on the modem that flashed but then sometimes after 3 days it would stop the blue lights would turn back on and I had internet again it would go good for 3-4 weeks and then out of nowhere Boom it’s flashing again and the Xbox one oh yea that’s all I pretty much use the internet for is my Xbox and Hulu would lose connection sometimes it would only go down for 25 min other it would be days. In the downtime I did and ran and looked for anything on the internet about this but couldn’t ever find a situation kinda like mine tonight I did a netsh command in cmd on my desktop noticing that every ssid was polluting channel 1 I mean all 17 that it detected so I’m obviously on channel 11 but this still happens so my questions are why do I have internet this way? And is there anything I can do to not really improve my speeds I mean it’d be nice but I was living with what I get when I get it but to keep the disconnect from happening? Or am I gonna have to bite the bullet and call up century link and suffer pretty much the same thing I suffer now just hopefully with the downtime being shorter? Do I have cable internet? If so why can’t cox put service to anyone in this zip code

:)

HappyPup3845152, Mar 23, 2020
  2. sttubs Win User
    sttubs, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Darren Win User
    Digital Audio Cable

The My P5Q-E motherboard supports:
    • Digital coaxial outputs
    • 3.5mm jacks front and rear, but you need a RCA to 3.5mm cable
    Both cable methods carry stereo for games, MP3s etc unless you use the receivers 2.0 to 5.1 up mix feature such as Prologic or DTS Neo.

I'll advise you use digital coaxial as you'll be able to listen to Dolby Digital and DTS from genuine DVDs (not DD True HD or DTS Masters)

Darren, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Internet with my coax cable

RG6 Coax Cable and DVR Recommendations - Wiring House for OTA Antennas

1. You will find it hard running Coax cable in a 2 Story home without coming from the outside in
    2. Quad shield Coax serves no purpose in general homes. Ie all cable companies use standard 75ohm Coax Cable.
    3. I use Keilen Strippers and croppers. They work great and have been for years through work with Comcast and DirecTV

Durvelle27, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Internet with my coax cable

1. Internet with my coax cable - Similar Threads - Internet coax cable

2. My ethernet cable is connected but it says "no internet"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My ethernet cable is connected but it says "no internet": Hi, I've had this problem with my pc for a while now, but rebooting it has always fixed it. Today, however, no matter how many times I restart it, I can't connect to the internet through the ethernet cable which I'm sure works. I am not very experienced, so if you need any...
  3. My ethernet cable is connected but it says "no internet"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My ethernet cable is connected but it says "no internet": Hi, I've had this problem with my pc for a while now, but rebooting it has always fixed it. Today, however, no matter how many times I restart it, I can't connect to the internet through the ethernet cable which I'm sure works. I am not very experienced, so if you need any...
  4. My ethernet cable is connected but it says "no internet"

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. My ethernet cable is connected but it says "no internet"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. No internet using ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet using ethernet cable: Hey,I have had my internet running for almost a year with no issues, now suddenly i just stops working and i am lost why.My PC doesnt want to connect to internet using the ethernet cable, wifi works fine and has no issues.Its not my cable as i unplugged it from my PC and on...
  7. Internet Disconnecting LAN Cable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Disconnecting LAN Cable: My internet disconnects like after every 15 seconds. Could be random sometimes, too. I've got a LAN Cable connected to my PC. I've tried changing the LAN Cable, asking my internet provider for help, but it's all useless. I can't play games from like the past week, because...
  8. Cable is Connected but no Internet

Cable is Connected but no Internet: Hi I'm newly moved from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro After installing this OS I'm facing the most worst thing is Internet Connectivity Problem. I plugged cable direct from Modem to my PC, Internet is working fine on other devices but not on my Windows machine. I installed...
  9. Ethernet cable plugged in but there is no internet

Ethernet cable plugged in but there is no internet: I logged onto my PC this morning and noticed I had no internet. I used another ethernet cable and they both did not work. I looked up some solutions and tried doing ipconfig/release and /renew but it says “No operation can be performed on Ethernet 2 while it has its media...
  10. Best CAT Ethernet Cable For my internet?

Best CAT Ethernet Cable For my internet?: Hello all, I have a at&t u-verse router that is the model NVG589, Motorola My question is: I game on my PC a lot and would like to know, what is the best CAT cable to get that my internet box can support? 66265