Windows 10: Internet won't connect when clicking on Edge icon

Discus and support Internet won't connect when clicking on Edge icon in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I started having problems last week. When I click on the Edge icon, nothing happens. My default browser is Internet Explorer. Everything was working... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Dand, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Dand Win User

Internet won't connect when clicking on Edge icon

I started having problems last week. When I click on the Edge icon, nothing happens. My default browser is Internet Explorer. Everything was working fine before. I've checked my settings and nothing seems to have changed. The other users on this computer can get connected. I can connect to the internet if I click on the Google Chrome icon on my desktop. I've tried changing my default browser to Chrome and Edge, but still nothing happens when I click on the Edge icon

:)

Dand, Jan 6, 2016

2. Start menu does not function

Microsoft edge was working till 1st March. The start menu was also functioning.

On clicking the icon of microsoft all programs list would appear.

On clicking the internet icon it would connect to internet default page.

Apparently there was a Windows update.

On clicking the internet icon it just blinks and does not connect to the internet. On clicking the icon of microsoft a message appears "critical error on start menu". On clicking the error message it signs out.

On signing in again all programs are functioning except the microsoft edge internet connection.

I hope the issue can be resolved.

Thanks and regards,

Neelkant

NeelkantKoundinya, Jan 6, 2016
  3. Microsoft Edge Won't Open

Microsoft Edge won't launch when I click on icon in taskbar. Please advise how to fix.

WilliamJMair, Jan 6, 2016
  4. b1rd Win User

Did you happen to try the one within the app section, rather than the shortcut on the quick-launch? I've had shortcuts go bad in the past, so that's one thing I usually check before delving in too much with finding a fix.

b1rd, Jan 6, 2016
  5. Dand Win User
    Yes, I tried the app icon, but that didn't connect either

Dand, Jan 8, 2016
  6. b1rd Win User
    I did do some quick checking and I found THIS article, which has some good info.

Also, I found another thread from this same site titled, Reinstalling Microsoft Edge, which may offer some help too.

b1rd, Jan 8, 2016
  7. Alicia J Win User
    Thanks for the links. I was having the same issues, among other issues. I did a clean install of Windows 10 and Edge now works.

Alicia J, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Internet won't connect when clicking on Edge icon - Similar Threads - Internet won't connect

2. My computer won't connect to the internet and won't let me click on or do anything.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer won't connect to the internet and won't let me click on or do anything.: I've tried a few different things but any suggestions would be great. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-wont-connect-to-the-internet-and-wont/8d02adad-417a-4bf7-b14f-bd229ce92f89
  3. My computer won't connect to the internet and won't let me click on or do anything.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer won't connect to the internet and won't let me click on or do anything.: I've tried a few different things but any suggestions would be great. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-wont-connect-to-the-internet-and-wont/8d02adad-417a-4bf7-b14f-bd229ce92f89
  4. Edge does not connect to internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge does not connect to internet: Edge does not connect to internet. Both Internet Explorer and Firefox will connect. This just occurred this morning. What can I do to resolve the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-does-not-connect-to-internet/73fb128f-7af9-4aea-8147-886e615d4355
  5. Code: 0x80131500 in Store/Edge won't connect to internet

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Code: 0x80131500 in Store/Edge won't connect to internet: Hi, this morning I completed a system refresh do to my audio not working on my laptop. Now it works just fine. But as it goes I lost a few little apps. Every time I open my store I get the error code 0x80131500. I didn't think much about it but Edge also won't connect to the...
  6. Edge does not connect to internet

Edge does not connect to internet: Hi, I have been experiencing "unable to find web page" using MS Edge. I ran Troubleshoot and it said unable to automatically detect Proxy settings. I have followed all the steps from previous posts (Reset TCP/IP, check LAN settings, SFC scan, DISM scan etc, etc) to try...
  7. Edge not connecting to Internet

Edge not connecting to Internet: Edge opens, but has stopped connecting to the internet... It will not find any web site. I get the message: 'Can't reach this page' no matter what HTML I use. The details show: "There was a temporary DNS error. Try refreshing the page. Error Code:...
  8. Edge unable to connect to the internet

Edge unable to connect to the internet: I just installed the latest OS update (Windows Insider - Slow Ring) OS 17713.1002. Edge will not connect to the internet. Internet Explorer will work OK....
  9. Won't connect to internet

Won't connect to internet: Windows Insider 17063 won't connect to Internet. It is a wired connect and it says Internet access on the little screen icon. Tried Edge, Firefox, Waterfox and Chrome. Just get spinning circles. My wife's Win 10 connects and I have my computer also set up on a separate SSD...
  10. Connection icon in systray not displaying connections when clicked

Connection icon in systray not displaying connections when clicked: My assistant in the other room accidentally unplugged the router and I lost connection. I told her to plug back in. I clicked the correct connection when it appeared, but I did it too soon. From that point on, when I clicked the systray icon, nothing happened...no display of...