Windows 10: Internet working for 5 minutes then cutting out.

Discus and support Internet working for 5 minutes then cutting out. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My laptop this week has started to act up, whenever I start my laptop up it works as usual. The internet and everything works fine until about 3-7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RedsRepublic, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Internet working for 5 minutes then cutting out.

My laptop this week has started to act up, whenever I start my laptop up it works as usual. The internet and everything works fine until about 3-7 minutes later where my internet just goes to nothing.

submitted by /u/RedsRepublic
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RedsRepublic, Nov 11, 2020
  2. Anak Win User

my son laptiop wifi disconnect after 5 minutes

• If you have an identical laptop try comparing the wifi and security settings of the one that does not disconnect with the one that does. If you find any differences change the settings of the one that does not work to the one that does.
    @Samuria : If you have any suggestions please reply.

3. Windows 10 - Sleep Works But Only if 5 Minutes or Less

What about the Troubleshooting tutorial steps here:

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/fix-windows-10-sl...

I've never seen at least one them not be successful.

I had suggested first to set Display at 0, Sleep at 1 minute and Hibernate at 2 minutes and then after each step sit back to observe. I have rarely had to work all the way through the list.

Absolute thoroughness is required when troubleshooting Sleep, skipping nothing and asking back if you need any help to complete a step. We often find out later that the fix was the skipped step, so please do not skip any. If you need help performing any step
    I will help.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Nov 11, 2020
  4. DuncanRS Win User

Internet working for 5 minutes then cutting out.

Internet Error 0x3A98

I have followed the steps in the link provided. Before the internet would work for about 30 mins or so. Since following the steps, my internet cuts out after a few minutes!

I have also also tried tethering my iPhone using USB to see if that will help but it's detected as an Ethernet connection.

What else can you suggest?

DuncanRS, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

Internet working for 5 minutes then cutting out.

1. Internet working for 5 minutes then cutting out. - Similar Threads - Internet working minutes

2. Internet cutting out every 5 minutes just one my PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet cutting out every 5 minutes just one my PC: Using a Wi-Fi adapter. I'm getting disconnected on my PC every 5 minutes at random time frames during the day. It's been happening for a while about once a month for a couple hours but now it's every day. It's not an internet problem, I've had the same livestream running on...
  3. Internet keeps cutting out at 11PM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet keeps cutting out at 11PM: Hey everyone, I’ve been having a really weird issue with my computer. It has an Intel AX200 network antenna, and every night at 11PM, it disconnects and I get a “No internet, secured” message. I’ve tried just about every solution possible, including updating my drivers but...
  4. Audio randomly cuts out for 1 second every 5 - 10 minutes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio randomly cuts out for 1 second every 5 - 10 minutes: Every time this happens i also get a notification from realtek audio console on windows 10 saying "what audio device did you plug in?" with the options of headphones, mic in, etc. anyone have a solution for this? its really really annoying. submitted by /u/venzo2704...
  5. Webcam cutting out after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam cutting out after a few minutes: Hello, I've recently bought a webcam for online classes. It seemed to work just fine with Windows UVC. However, after my recent update from 1903 to 2004 it cuts out after a few minutes and only works once I take the USB out and plug it in again. Webcam: Link Dutch...
  6. Wi-fi connected, internet is working for a few minutes, then cuts out

Wi-fi connected, internet is working for a few minutes, then cuts out: When i turn on my computer, the automatic connection to my wifi network is intermittent at best. When i start to do whatever on the internet, it eventually just cuts out, sometimes it's the wifi and sometimes its the internet. My sister is in the room with the wifi...
  7. Internet keeps on cutting out

Internet keeps on cutting out: I have a Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon The problem I am having right now is that the internet on my device continuously does not work. Whenever I boot up my laptop, the internet works for a few minutes, before completely turning off. Showing a red X over the wifi icon on the...
  8. Internet cuts out when gaming!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet cuts out when gaming!: Hello! Recently, I've been backing off of the video games because of this stupid issue with my WiFi. When I'm on the web or YouTube, everything is fun, runs smoothly, not a problem with disconnection at all. But when I play a game, let's use Fortnite as example, I'll be...
  9. USB Microphone cuts out every few minutes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Microphone cuts out every few minutes: Hello. I have a USB microphone for my computer. When I use it it will work for 5-15 minutes, before suddenly just recording nothing and displaying a 1 bar signal in my Recording Devices sound menu. Sometimes I can get it to work again if I unplug the mic and put it back in to...
  10. Internet keeps cutting out

Internet keeps cutting out: Hi, I seem to be having a problem with my internet connection. At first I thought it was my network adapter so I purchased a new one however the problem still occurs. I have updated the drivers for it and still nothing, so I'll explain below what is happening. I should note I...