Windows 10: internet works fine but i cant watch youtube videos or movies on laptop

Discus and support internet works fine but i cant watch youtube videos or movies on laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hi my internet works fine on my laptop like I can still search etc and wifi is fine but I cant watch or stream videos such as on youtube or watch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sara_968, Nov 1, 2020.

1. sara_968 Win User

internet works fine but i cant watch youtube videos or movies on laptop

hi my internet works fine on my laptop like I can still search etc and wifi is fine but I cant watch or stream videos such as on youtube or watch movies etc and keeps saying retry or that it wont load. the laptop im on is the geobook3x and the im on windows 10 home in s mode. Any help would be appreciated

thanks

:)

sara_968, Nov 1, 2020

2. Dell Laptop Touch Screen Glitches after Watching Video in Microsoft Movies & Video App

The hardware on the device is capable of handling and playing a 4K UHD video. I can stream the very same videos via a browser once uploaded to YouTube in UHD without this issue. I can also watch the same videos using Adobe Premiere without this issue. The
    issue only occurs when viewing the video using Microsoft's Movies & TV software. Incidentally, Microsoft Windows Media Player works without issue as well.

I also recorded a video in 1080P and have the same issue using Microsoft Movies & TV.

I guess the ultimate solution is not to use your Movies & TV software to view videos.

turbojimmy68, Nov 1, 2020
  3. youtube videos

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

I understand that you are facing the issue with playing videos on you tube.I will certainly help you with the issue.

To begin with troubleshooting, I would like you to answer the following question:

• Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you able to watch other videos (other than YouTube or in other websites)?

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1

I suggest you to refer to this section: Why won't videos play in Internet Explorer?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/videos-dont-work#ie=ie-11

Method 2

Turn off hardware acceleration.

I suggest you to follow the steps below:

To turn off hardware acceleration

• open Internet Explorer for the desktop.
    • Tap or click the Tools button.
    • Tap or click Internet Options.
    • Tap or click the
      Advanced
      tab.
    • Select Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering.
    • Tap or click OK. You must
      close and reopen Internet Explorer for changes to take effect.

Please Get back to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Nov 1, 2020
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Can't watch videos on Win 10

Hi,

Please assist me with the following information related to this issue:

• Which web browser are you using to watch online videos?
    • Do you receive any error message?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    If you are using Internet Explorer to watch online videos, I suggest you to
    follow the steps mentioned in the following link and check:Why won't videos play in Internet Explorer?

Note: The above mentioned article contains steps to reset IE. Resetting Internet Explorer's settings is not reversible. After a reset, all previous settings in IE are lost and cannot
    be recovered.

Please reply us with the required information along with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Nov 1, 2020
Thema:

1. internet works fine but i cant watch youtube videos or movies on laptop - Similar Threads - internet works fine

2. my laptop crashes when watching youtube videos or movies on websites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop crashes when watching youtube videos or movies on websites: makes a buzzing sound, screen freezes and then crashes, first i thought it was my the ultimate mode on asus armory crate but even after i turned it off the issue persists...
  3. my laptop crashes when watching youtube videos or movies on websites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my laptop crashes when watching youtube videos or movies on websites: makes a buzzing sound, screen freezes and then crashes, first i thought it was my the ultimate mode on asus armory crate but even after i turned it off the issue persists...
  4. I cant watch rented movie.

I cant watch rented movie.: Hello. I rent one movie in Microsoft store, but when i try to watch on my pc. i am send to the Movie& TV. But that just send me to media player first screenshot , which have nothing inside, i searched in all tabs. So how i will watch my rented movie ?...
  5. I cant watch rented movie.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant watch rented movie.: Hello. I rent one movie in Microsoft store, but when i try to watch on my pc. i am send to the Movie& TV. But that just send me to media player first screenshot , which have nothing inside, i searched in all tabs. So how i will watch my rented movie ?...
  6. Laptop freezes while watching youtube videos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop freezes while watching youtube videos: DescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 193Parameter 1: 810Parameter 2: ffffa109f4473000Parameter 3: ffffa109e5e37040Parameter 4: 69OS version: 10_0_19044Service Pack:...
  7. Laptop freezes while watching youtube videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop freezes while watching youtube videos: DescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 193Parameter 1: 810Parameter 2: ffffa109f4473000Parameter 3: ffffa109e5e37040Parameter 4: 69OS version: 10_0_19044Service Pack:...
  8. Laptop freezes while watching youtube videos

9. Unable to watch youtube videos today. Yesterday fine.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to watch youtube videos today. Yesterday fine.: Videos aren't working today, whether it be youtube, bitchute, or what have you. I had no problems last night. I have cleared cache on browser, and laptop itself. Browser is Edge. Thanks for any help on what to do....
  10. Watch YouTube videos with Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Watch YouTube videos with Chrome: How can this annoying nag be eliminated from YouTube ! I am using Edge and do not want chrome. I let Windows do Windows. 91861