Windows 10: Internet works just fine however Windows cannot connect to Microsoft services.

Discus and support Internet works just fine however Windows cannot connect to Microsoft services. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello there, For some reason Microsoft services can no longer connect to the internet--including but not limited to; Onenote, Update, Store, Edge... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dan_779, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Dan_779 Win User

Internet works just fine however Windows cannot connect to Microsoft services.

Hello there,

For some reason Microsoft services can no longer connect to the internet--including but not limited to; Onenote, Update, Store, Edge Developer ect. I reset my firewall to default settings with no success. What is going on?

Thank you

Internet works just fine however Windows cannot connect to Microsoft services. 03fc2b1a-1738-4e94-b26d-cf58574ab798?upload=true.jpg

:)

Dan_779, Aug 18, 2019
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Internet works just fine however Windows cannot connect to Microsoft services. wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

3. lifetec Win User
    Modern apps not connecting to internet, desktop apps work fine.

Is your DNS client service running on your system .

To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
    • Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.
    • In the list of services, click DNS Client.
    • Make sure that the Status column displays Started and that the Startup Type column displays Automatic.
    • If the service is not set to Started or if the startup type for the DNS Client service is not set to Automatic, follow these steps:
      • Right-click DNS Client, and then click Properties.
      • In the DNS Client Properties dialog box, click the General tab, and then click Automatic in the Startup type list.
      • Click Start, click Apply, and then click OK.

lifetec, Aug 18, 2019
  4. pizaying Win User

Cant connect to internet, says "layered service provider is outdated"

I just moved to a new location with a new ISP. My computer has windows vista, and i am unable to connect to the internet. When i try to diagnose the problem it says my layered service provider is outdated. Google searches said that was bad to do.

I was also told to uninstall my nod32 v2.7 and this would make it work. I have done that and did a winsock repair, and still nothing. Any suggestions?

pizaying, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Internet works just fine however Windows cannot connect to Microsoft services. - Similar Threads - Internet works fine

2. New Windows 10 install - Chrome cannot connect to Internet however Edge and Firefox work fine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Windows 10 install - Chrome cannot connect to Internet however Edge and Firefox work fine: I am trying to use chrome on a new windows 10 install. It sometimes works on 1 wesbite and then I get "site can't be reached" error. It seems to be stuck on "trying to establish a secure connection". I have also installed Opera and Firefox. Edge and Firefox work just...
  3. I'm connected to the internet and can browse just fine, but my connection status is no...

I'm connected to the internet and can browse just fine, but my connection status is no...: I'm connected to the internet and can browse just fine, but my connection status is no internet, secured. This prevents from using windows UWP softwares....
  4. Edge has no Internet connection. But Chrome works fine.

Edge has no Internet connection. But Chrome works fine.: Hi guys! Thank you for reading my problem! I got my laptop last year with Windows 10 preinstalled. For some reason, Edge doesn't have Internet connection. Every time I open it, it will say show the following:  Hmmm...can’t reach this page Try this Make sure you’ve...
  5. No internet access in Microsoft Edge / Microsoft Store however Windows updates seem to work...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet access in Microsoft Edge / Microsoft Store however Windows updates seem to work...: Tried reset, did not help. Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome work fine among other apps that are not Store related....
  6. Windows reports Internet connection is fine, but no real connection

Windows reports Internet connection is fine, but no real connection: So after trying to share files in my network I created a Homegroup with my other Windows 10 computer - where the Internet works fine. The problem computer is just a media center designed to run Kodi. I had no user account yet. So I created a password for my "default"...
  7. Microsoft apps cannot connect to the internet

Microsoft apps cannot connect to the internet: Microsoft Edge, Windows Store, and Cortana, as well as most Microsoft apps, cannot connect to the internet. When I try to open the Windows Store it will not open and I get an Error message, 0x80072EE7. When I try to use Edge I get an error message that says, “This...
  8. Cannot ping or tracert But internet works fine...

Cannot ping or tracert But internet works fine...: Computer gets online fine, can not ping or tracert. Tried default DNS and custom 8.8.8.8 - 8.8.4.4. Problem persist with AV on or off. Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10586] (c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Windows\system32>tracert google.com...
  9. Just upgraded, no internet connection

Just upgraded, no internet connection: Hey guys! I just upgraded to 10 about an hour ago from windows 7. I have no internet connection (it says "limited"). Local area connection does not have a valid ip configuration If I try to reset my IP it tells me Ip address has not yet been associated with the...
  10. Modern apps not connecting to internet, desktop apps work fine.

Modern apps not connecting to internet, desktop apps work fine.: Hi, As the post title suggests, I am having trouble with the modern apps and connectivity. It feels like half my computer will connect to the internet, and the other half won't. Desktop apps like Chrome, Steam, Outlook, iTunes etc. all connect to the internet fine, but any...