Windows 10: Internet works just fine however Windows cannot connect to Microsoft services.

Discus and support Internet works just fine however Windows cannot connect to Microsoft services. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello there, For some reason Microsoft services can no longer connect to the internet--including but not limited to; Onenote, Update, Store, Edge... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dan_779, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Dan_779 Win User

Internet works just fine however Windows cannot connect to Microsoft services.

Hello there,

For some reason Microsoft services can no longer connect to the internet--including but not limited to; Onenote, Update, Store, Edge Developer ect. I reset my firewall to default settings with no success. What is going on?

Thank you

Internet works just fine however Windows cannot connect to Microsoft services. 03fc2b1a-1738-4e94-b26d-cf58574ab798?upload=true.jpg

:)

Dan_779, Aug 18, 2019
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Internet works just fine however Windows cannot connect to Microsoft services. wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

3. lifetec Win User
    Modern apps not connecting to internet, desktop apps work fine.

Is your DNS client service running on your system .

To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
    • Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.
    • In the list of services, click DNS Client.
    • Make sure that the Status column displays Started and that the Startup Type column displays Automatic.
    • If the service is not set to Started or if the startup type for the DNS Client service is not set to Automatic, follow these steps:
      • Right-click DNS Client, and then click Properties.
      • In the DNS Client Properties dialog box, click the General tab, and then click Automatic in the Startup type list.
      • Click Start, click Apply, and then click OK.

lifetec, Aug 18, 2019
  4. pizaying Win User

Cant connect to internet, says "layered service provider is outdated"

I just moved to a new location with a new ISP. My computer has windows vista, and i am unable to connect to the internet. When i try to diagnose the problem it says my layered service provider is outdated. Google searches said that was bad to do.

I was also told to uninstall my nod32 v2.7 and this would make it work. I have done that and did a winsock repair, and still nothing. Any suggestions?

pizaying, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Internet works just fine however Windows cannot connect to Microsoft services. - Similar Threads - Internet works fine

2. No internet connection on Microsoft Services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet connection on Microsoft Services: Hi guys,I am having the problem, that i have no internet connection on most microsoft apps.When I launch Microsoft-Store, i get an error massage, that I have no internet connectionCode: 0x80131500; CV: tsoU4ItbR0GomkifagsK2A even though every other app has an internet...
  3. No internet connection on Microsoft Services

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet connection on Microsoft Services: Hi guys,I am having the problem, that i have no internet connection on most microsoft apps.When I launch Microsoft-Store, i get an error massage, that I have no internet connectionCode: 0x80131500; CV: tsoU4ItbR0GomkifagsK2A even though every other app has an internet...
  4. I can connect to the internet just fine, anything to do with browsers. I cannot connect to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can connect to the internet just fine, anything to do with browsers. I cannot connect to...: for example Overwatch 2 boots me out to the menu, signs me out then says, lost connection to server, Deep Rock Galactic, and Valheim both either lock up and freeze or DRG just doesn't show the servers. I have tried many methods to fix this, Disabling firewalls and antivirus...
  5. I can connect to the internet just fine, anything to do with browsers. I cannot connect to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can connect to the internet just fine, anything to do with browsers. I cannot connect to...: for example Overwatch 2 boots me out to the menu, signs me out then says, lost connection to server, Deep Rock Galactic, and Valheim both either lock up and freeze or DRG just doesn't show the servers. I have tried many methods to fix this, Disabling firewalls and antivirus...
  6. Showing no connection but internet is working fine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Showing no connection but internet is working fine: Hi, we are using Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19043.1202] and we are facing issue "Showing no connection but internet is working fine" Outlook and Teams are not working .We had check the registry setting...
  7. Cannot connect to any online game but internet is working fine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect to any online game but internet is working fine.: I bought a new laptop beginning of this month, installed some games, everything worked fine. Few weeks ago I tried playing games like rainbow six seige, gta online, they worked fine. Yesterday I tried playing six seige again but it was forever stuck on matchmaking. Tried...
  8. No Internet connection and its work just fine.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Internet connection and its work just fine.: Fresh Windows 10 Install for a new PC.. Maybe this is not new for most of you all..but this is new to me.. same with my name Nubi (newbie) i thought i cant install windows without microsoft accounts... Key points: Dont go Online too soon.. If you're free u can drop...
  9. Internet connection is fine, but Windows cannot connect to the update service.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internet connection is fine, but Windows cannot connect to the update service.: Hello, After updating to Windows 10 1909 I cannot use Windows update. Internet connection works fine, but when I check for updates, I get the following error message: We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still...
  10. New Windows 10 install - Chrome cannot connect to Internet however Edge and Firefox work fine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Windows 10 install - Chrome cannot connect to Internet however Edge and Firefox work fine: I am trying to use chrome on a new windows 10 install. It sometimes works on 1 wesbite and then I get "site can't be reached" error. It seems to be stuck on "trying to establish a secure connection". I have also installed Opera and Firefox. Edge and Firefox work just...