Windows 10: Internet Works on Chrome Only Windows 10

Discus and support Internet Works on Chrome Only Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So my internet doesnt allow any other app other than chrome to access the internet or so i think.Does anyone have any solutions to this. I need answers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Zida123, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Zida123 Win User

Internet Works on Chrome Only Windows 10

So my internet doesnt allow any other app other than chrome to access the internet or so i think.Does anyone have any solutions to this. I need answers fast and Thank you in advance!

:)

Zida123, Sep 19, 2020

2. Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Sep 19, 2020
  3. Windows 10 is not connecting the internet where chrome is working fine in the same platform

• Is there an error message when you try to connect to the internet using your Windows 10 PC?
    No there is not any error message it just do not connect and open a blank page as internet explorer shows when net is disconnected.

• How were you able to download Google Chrome browser?
    • I already have chrome browser when i was on windows 7 after updated to windows 10 few days it connected with net but after that i don't know what happened as i often use chrome hence do not get any need of edge, but when i noticed windows is not
      updating then tried to connect and failed.
    • What happens when you use Microsoft Edge browser?
    Hmm, we can't reach this page.
    • Have you tried to connect other devices to the internet and see if it works? If all devices are unable to connect to the internet, it can be that the issue is with your internet service provider. If it is only your Windows 10 PC that is unable to connect
      to the internet, check out this link for the troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the issue.
    There is a proper internet connection in my pc and in the same pc and same OS i can connect through chrome or any other browser.

jsk.smishra, Sep 19, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Google Chrome not working windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Are you facing any issues with Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer?
    • Is the issue confined to Google Chrome?
    • Have you tried uninstalling/re-installing Google Chrome?
    There could be several reasons for this cause. I would suggest you to try the steps below and check the result.

Uninstall Google Chrome and then re-install

Press Windows key + X and click Programs & Features

Right click Google Chrome and click Uninstall

Re-install Google Chrome and check.

If the issue still persists, please contact the developer of Google Chrome.

Google Chrome Support Forum

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Arul_D, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Internet Works on Chrome Only Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Internet Works Chrome

2. Only chrome and edge work on this network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only chrome and edge work on this network: I'm connected to my campus network, my friends says that there's no problem connecting to the internet on any apps. I tried it on my phone, it's working fine, but on my laptop Asus TUF Gaming F15, Windows 11 it can only connect on chrome and chrome beta, and edge. When I...
  3. Only chrome and edge work on this network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only chrome and edge work on this network: I'm connected to my campus network, my friends says that there's no problem connecting to the internet on any apps. I tried it on my phone, it's working fine, but on my laptop Asus TUF Gaming F15, Windows 11 it can only connect on chrome and chrome beta, and edge. When I...
  4. Mic not working on Chrome only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mic not working on Chrome only: I have a Lenovo laptop and chrome isn't picking up my voice. My microphone is working fine everywhere else, just it isn't working on Chrome. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-not-working-on-chrome-only/85ec6984-df0e-4115-a3aa-4e2bd9909804
  5. Internet Works on Chrome Only Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Works on Chrome Only Windows 10: So my internet doesnt allow any other app other than chrome to access the internet or so i think.Does anyone have any solutions to this. I need answers fast and Thank you in advance! 164774
  6. Internet on Windows only works with a few applications?

Internet on Windows only works with a few applications?: Hey! My problem is that with my pc running on Windows 10 pro and connected with a LAN cable I only use the internet connection for certain websites. This means that I can open YouTube and Google, but I can't access Epicgames.com or the Epicgames Launcher. Using a WLAN stick...
  7. No internet, but Internet is working. Microsoft suite is only thing not working

No internet, but Internet is working. Microsoft suite is only thing not working: I have had this ongoing issue with internet. I turn on my computer and it says I'm not connected to the internet but am able to browse the web and download just fine. When I go to use PowerPoint or other Microsoft products like my Onedrive (which I pay for monthly) it...
  8. Internet only working with VPN on

Internet only working with VPN on: This morning, there was a lightning storm. I turned off my PC, and then took off the power of all my devices before leaving to work. Having returned home, putting power back on everything, I'm finding I can't connect to the internet unless I have my VPN turned on. Killswitch...
  9. Touchscreen only works on Windows 10 Apps and Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchscreen only works on Windows 10 Apps and Google Chrome: My laptop is Asus TP300LD with a touchscreen, OS is Windows 10. But recently, my touchscreen is not working on desktop screen, taskbar, files, folders, windows applications. So for now, the touchscreen is only working on Windows 10 Apps installed from Windows store and Google...
  10. Windows 10 working on Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 working on Chrome: Please help me, thanks in advance. When I open Chrome I'm now directed to edge. How can I change back to Chrome and leaving edge? The problem started in Chrome when I couldn't minimize the screen - the three dots in the right upper corner had vanished. Since then my...