Windows 10: Internl SSD is showing in removable storage device

Discus and support Internl SSD is showing in removable storage device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I had recently purchased a WD SSD Hard disk M2280 Model WDS500G2B0c-00PXH0 . I had a clean installation using Microsoft media creation USB tool .... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dasthageerkhan, Oct 15, 2021.

1. Internl SSD is showing in removable storage device

Hi I had recently purchased a WD SSD Hard disk M2280 Model WDS500G2B0c-00PXH0 . I had a clean installation using Microsoft media creation USB tool . All my drivers and BIOS are Updated. I found my Internal SSD Drive where the OS is installed is showing as removable storage device . I fear that it may get corrupted or data loss may occur in course of time. Please help to resolve the issue.Screen 1 Screen 2

:)

dasthageerkhan, Oct 15, 2021

2. Internal Storage devices being detected as removable devices

Hi,

I would suggest you to update your storage controller driver.

Method 1: Update Storage Controller Driver

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Update Driver Software.
    • Wait for sometime and check if the issue persists.
    • Restart your system.
    Method 2: Uninstall and then reinstall Storage Controller driver from the Manufacturer's Website

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Uninstall.
    • Now, go to the Manufacturer's website and download the latest storage controller driver.
    • Once the download is complete, double-click and run the setup file to complete installation.
    • Restart your system.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Oct 15, 2021
  3. locked Win User
    Storage showing as double the actual SSD size

Running Windows 10 Home 20H2 (Build 19042.964) on an AMD based Windows Surface Laptop 4 with 512GB SSD.

Even though it has a 512GB SDD as confirmed by both disk management and file explorer, settings -> system -> Storage reports the size as 951GB! I have searched but struggling to discover how to get it to report the real size.

Per the image below it shows
    • 553GB used - bigger than the size of the SDD
      519GB in system & reserved

Internl SSD is showing in removable storage device [​IMG]

System and reserved breaks down per this screenshot

Internl SSD is showing in removable storage device [​IMG]

Have tried various options including disk cleanup, SFC and DSIM to get it to report the correct size but to no avail. Any suggestions on how to correct this much appreciated?

locked, Oct 15, 2021
  4. Lomppu Win User

Internl SSD is showing in removable storage device

SSD showing up as a microsoft storage space device

The ssd drive showing up as a microsoft storage space device instead of a boot drive is an internal drive.

Lomppu, Oct 15, 2021
Thema:

Internl SSD is showing in removable storage device

1. Internl SSD is showing in removable storage device - Similar Threads - Internl SSD showing

2. Removables storages device folder on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removables storages device folder on desktop: I've seen a lot of nonsense everywhere about this issue.And nobody here was capable to find the issue...The only fix is this :Using File Explorer Options: Open File Explorer and click on the "View" tab. Click on "Options" and select "Change folder and search options". In the...
  3. Internl SSD is showing in removable storage device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internl SSD is showing in removable storage device: Hi I had recently purchased a WD SSD Hard disk M2280 Model WDS500G2B0c-00PXH0 . I had a clean installation using Microsoft media creation USB tool . All my drivers and BIOS are Updated. I found my Internal SSD Drive where the OS is installed is showing as removable storage...
  4. Internl SSD is showing in removable storage device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internl SSD is showing in removable storage device: Hi I had recently purchased a WD SSD Hard disk M2280 Model WDS500G2B0c-00PXH0 . I had a clean installation using Microsoft media creation USB tool . All my drivers and BIOS are Updated. I found my Internal SSD Drive where the OS is installed is showing as removable storage...
  5. 970EVO SSD showing up as Windows Storage Space Device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    970EVO SSD showing up as Windows Storage Space Device: 970EVO SSD showing up as Windows Storage Space Device instead of SSD970 Evo. I have two m.2 NVME 970 EVOs installed but I only see one of them correctly listed. I can see only 1x 970 Evo listed in samsung magician. I also have x4 enabled on my motherboard to get higher speeds...
  6. Can't remove ssd from storage pool

Can't remove ssd from storage pool: [ATTACH] As stated above I can't remove this from the pool but it also doesn't seem to add to it either. The SSD doesn't show up anywhere obvious in disk management and I want to have it as its own separate drive. Please help, I don't want a hdd and ssd in the same pool...
  7. SATA SSD showing up as portable storage device after upgrade

SATA SSD showing up as portable storage device after upgrade: I recently upgraded my system, moving from Intel (i7-7700K/Asus Maximus IX Formula) to AMD (3900X/Aorus X570 Master). In the process of updating the BIOS, drivers and whatnot, I also updated Windows to 1909. After I was done, I noticed that the icon to "Safely Remove...
  8. SSD Detected as Removable/Detachable Storage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD Detected as Removable/Detachable Storage: Hello, I finished a new build the other day and spent the next few days installing Windows 10 updates and various drivers. There is one thing that caught my eye that I have not seen before in all of my years with building PCs and Windows OS behavior. The PC that was built...
  9. SSD showing up as a microsoft storage space device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD showing up as a microsoft storage space device: Hello About a week ago my laptop stopped working, because my 512gb Samsung ssd 840 Pro series hard drive failed somehow. I moved the drive to my desktop pc, and found that it had had its partitions deleted somehow. I downloaded multiple applications to save some of my...
  10. upgrade to an SSD storage device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    upgrade to an SSD storage device: I just upgraded my main PC to SSD and the cloning went OK but I cannot now connect to the internet. The other PC and laptop connect perfectly. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-to-an-ssd-storage-device/d67bf772-f649-477c-b3bf-a25c844155b4