Windows 10: Interpret windows defender mplog log files

Discus and support Interpret windows defender mplog log files in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am trying to interpret windows defender mplog log files and I can't find any information or documentation online. I'd really like to understand the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DanielDaniel7, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Interpret windows defender mplog log files

I am trying to interpret windows defender mplog log files and I can't find any information or documentation online. I'd really like to understand the meaning of lowfi sigs and some of the other entries. Can you point me to some documentation on mplog log files? Thank you!

:)

DanielDaniel7, Sep 9, 2018
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Sep 9, 2018
  3. windows defender is constantly writing to MPLog and MpWppTracing

Hi,

You can find the latest resources for developers in MSDN or
    Microsoft Developer Network
    form where you can get suitable answers for your Windows Defender issue.

In line with this, it would be best that you post your query to the MSDN
    Forums
    to get more suitable answers for your concern.

We're just a post away if you have further queries.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Sep 9, 2018
  4. AdamkoB Win User

Interpret windows defender mplog log files

Windows Defender on Server 2016: scan targets, scheduled scan and detailed logs of scans

Hi, I have these three questions:

1. What are the exact locations (paths, folders, subfolders, system files) scanned by Windows Defender Quick Scan on Microsoft Windows Server 2016?

(For example: C:\Users\AppData, C:\Windows\System32, boot sectors, memory, running processes, active TCP/IP etc... - I need a list of scan targets as complete as possible. Information that "it scans the most crucial and important files to your system" has
    no value for me at all).

2. By what rule, task, or trigger the Windows Defender Scheduled Scan is running?

(In the Task Scheduler there is not defined the exact time at what the task will run. What does it mean the word "Idle" in this case? Does it mean that the task is running every time when user is not working on the computer? Or is it after 5+ minutes of
    inactivity? Is it when CPU usage is below 10%, or does anybody know how it is working at all?)

3. Where - if somewhere at all - on the disk are located the scan logs created (if created) by Windows Defender?

(The real logs, no incomplete pseudo-logs from Event Viewer or MPLogs with useless information. I mean the logs, like logs created by any else anti-virus solution are: logs which contains a complete list of files checked during the scan, scan results, reasons,
    time of the scan, type of the scan, rule which started the scan etc.)

Thank you very much for exact answers.

AdamkoB, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

Interpret windows defender mplog log files

1. Interpret windows defender mplog log files - Similar Threads - Interpret defender mplog

2. DISM Log Interpretation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM Log Interpretation: I cannot complete the command Dism /online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth, I also keep getting BSODs, I have reinstalled windows multiple times, and keep getting BSOD code "Critical Process Died"Here is my dism.log https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjXslPfy92Hdgd88Ww6Esojr2LWZ3g?e=zcKbhJI have...
  3. DISM Log Interpretation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DISM Log Interpretation: I cannot complete the command Dism /online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth, I also keep getting BSODs, I have reinstalled windows multiple times, and keep getting BSOD code "Critical Process Died"Here is my dism.log https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjXslPfy92Hdgd88Ww6Esojr2LWZ3g?e=zcKbhJI have...
  4. DISM Log Interpretation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISM Log Interpretation: I cannot complete the command Dism /online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth, I also keep getting BSODs, I have reinstalled windows multiple times, and keep getting BSOD code "Critical Process Died"Here is my dism.log https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjXslPfy92Hdgd88Ww6Esojr2LWZ3g?e=zcKbhJ...
  5. Help to interpret and diagnose crash-log

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help to interpret and diagnose crash-log: I swapped my RAM and M.2 SSD on my desktop. Afterwards, i did a clean Windows installation on my new SSD.I do some video processing on my computer. After starting a process, it runs for a couple of hours before the computer crashes and reboots. I need some help interpreting...
  6. Help to interpret and diagnose crash-log

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help to interpret and diagnose crash-log: I swapped my RAM and M.2 SSD on my desktop. Afterwards, i did a clean Windows installation on my new SSD.I do some video processing on my computer. After starting a process, it runs for a couple of hours before the computer crashes and reboots. I need some help interpreting...
  7. Help to interpret and diagnose crash-log

8. windows 10 windows defender MPLog log issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 windows defender MPLog log issue: windows defender log file C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Support I've noticed for 2 days that in log there weird entries many of them for different files such as below seems like every file on computer even my files way too many entries now...
  9. Interpreting Windows dmp file

Interpreting Windows dmp file: Hi, Intermittently my machine has been restarting with no apparent error or BSOD. I've been able to track the respective error Event Viewer and have opened the dmp file using WinDbg Preview but I can't make sense of the information. Can anyone please help or advise on...
  10. SFC Test Log Interpretation Help

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC Test Log Interpretation Help: I ran SFC Scannow and it indicated corrupted files that couldn't be repaired . However when I ran the sfclog.txt, it showed that all items had been repaired. I am thoroughly confused - can anyone help me figure this out? Please note the last line of the text: "2015-08-18...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mplog.txt

2. windows defender log file

3. change windows defender mplog location

4. log files windows defender ,
  5. windows defender log files,
  6. mpmanager mplog text file ,
  7. log files for Windows Application Defender Capability audit mode,
  8. interpret windows defender results