Windows 10: Interpreting sfc /scannow results

Discus and support Interpreting sfc /scannow results in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My W10 Pro PC is running quite well. I decided to run sfc /scannow and came up with the following results: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Mr Ed, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Mr Ed Win User

Interpreting sfc /scannow results

My W10 Pro PC is running quite well. I decided to run sfc /scannow and came up with the following results:

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to
    fix some of them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS
    log file located at windir\logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example
    C:\Windows\\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline repairs, details are
    included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag. PS
    C:\WINDOWS\system32

Anything to be concerned about since the machine is working well?

:)

Mr Ed, Apr 16, 2019

2. SFC scannow not working but verify only is working

there is no problem in chkdsk I've checked When I select command prompt and sfc scannow from f8 and repair.. it shows that a reboot is required for pending repair and pending renames folder in winsxs is full of files.. what should I do??

ELiTRiGG3R, Apr 16, 2019
  3. SFC /Scannow

Microsoft (almost) always seems to recommend running

SFC /Scannow

anytime a system is not to "behaving" well. It's sort of the "go to" program. And,

when run from an elevated command prompt, when it's finished, it writes a summary

on the command screen, i.e. something like:

"Windows Resource Protection did not find any corrupt files."

if there's no problem, and a different message if there is.

But, as far as I can tell, it's one of the few major system programs that does not

write a summary to the Event Viewer logs. The only way to find the result is to read

and try and interpret the individual CBS.log entries, since there, again, as far as I can

tell, the summary result is not written to that log either. Only the (cryptic) results of

several hundred individual tests.

Am I correct here, and, if so, can anyone from Microsoft tell me why what should be

such an important result isn't written to the Event Viewer logs?

seniorart908, Apr 16, 2019
  4. Interpreting sfc /scannow results

Help with sfc /scannow results

Results of sfc /scannow: Windows Resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not supported
    in offline servicing scenarios. How to I correct the problem. Also in task manager, I continually have 75-100 % usage when no programs are running

Renee'Tippitt, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

Interpreting sfc /scannow results

1. Interpreting sfc /scannow results - Similar Threads - Interpreting sfc scannow

2. cbs sfc/scannow interpreting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cbs sfc/scannow interpreting: Hello, I just did an sfc /scannow and it came out that errors have been corrected and that I have reviewed the cbs file, which I don't know how to interpret, if anyone can help me... file link https://1drv.ms/u/s!Akydfmp45OsXkAM6kng7-7F0bO4z?e=y7If62 I thank you in advance...
  3. cbs sfc/scannow interpreting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cbs sfc/scannow interpreting: Hello, I just did an sfc /scannow and it came out that errors have been corrected and that I have reviewed the cbs file, which I don't know how to interpret, if anyone can help me... file link https://1drv.ms/u/s!Akydfmp45OsXkAM6kng7-7F0bO4z?e=y7If62 I thank you in advance...
  4. cbs sfc/scannow interpreting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. SFC details interpretation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC details interpretation: What it means?Info CSI 00000006 [SR] Verifying 100 components 2023-02-18 11:49:27, Info CSI 00000007 [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction 2023-02-18 11:49:27, Info CSI 00000008 [SR] Verify complete 2023-02-18 11:49:28, Info CSI 00000009 [SR] Verifying 100 components...
  6. SFC details interpretation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SFC details interpretation: What it means?Info CSI 00000006 [SR] Verifying 100 components 2023-02-18 11:49:27, Info CSI 00000007 [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction 2023-02-18 11:49:27, Info CSI 00000008 [SR] Verify complete 2023-02-18 11:49:28, Info CSI 00000009 [SR] Verifying 100 components...
  7. Unsure what to do. (after sfc/ scannow results).

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unsure what to do. (after sfc/ scannow results).: Hello, after replacing my hard drive i have been no longer experiencing the bsod irql not equal or less, after i replaced my old hard drive i ran sfc/scannow in command prompt as an administrator on my laptop to make sure it wasnt just a bad hard drive causing the bsod and...
  8. SFC /Scannow Results

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC /Scannow Results: Have i problems in my OS? SFC Details.txt 45203
  9. SFC Scannow Results

in Windows 10 Support
    SFC Scannow Results: Has anyone else run "sfc /scannow" on their system? I am receiving integrity errors but they don't seem to logged or I can't find them in the usual place. 3341
  10. SFC /SCANNOW results

in Windows 10 Support
    SFC /SCANNOW results: Finally in this build 10049, I can run SFC /SCANNOW completely. I've extracted just the SR results from cbs.log showing repairs, but one did not fix. Has something to do with powershell. I've rebooted and rerun 3 times, the recommended. Any thoughts? sfcdetails.txt 5130

Users found this page by searching for:

1. C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log and how to interpret

2. how to interpret scannow results

3. WINDOWS 10 HOW TO INTERPRET CBS LOG