Windows 10: Interpreting sfc /scannow results

Discus and support Interpreting sfc /scannow results in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My W10 Pro PC is running quite well. I decided to run sfc /scannow and came up with the following results: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Mr Ed, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Mr Ed Win User

Interpreting sfc /scannow results

My W10 Pro PC is running quite well. I decided to run sfc /scannow and came up with the following results:

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to
    fix some of them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS
    log file located at windir\logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example
    C:\Windows\\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline repairs, details are
    included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag. PS
    C:\WINDOWS\system32

Anything to be concerned about since the machine is working well?

:)

Mr Ed, Apr 16, 2019

2. SFC scannow not working but verify only is working

there is no problem in chkdsk I've checked When I select command prompt and sfc scannow from f8 and repair.. it shows that a reboot is required for pending repair and pending renames folder in winsxs is full of files.. what should I do??

ELiTRiGG3R, Apr 16, 2019
  3. SFC /Scannow

Microsoft (almost) always seems to recommend running

SFC /Scannow

anytime a system is not to "behaving" well. It's sort of the "go to" program. And,

when run from an elevated command prompt, when it's finished, it writes a summary

on the command screen, i.e. something like:

"Windows Resource Protection did not find any corrupt files."

if there's no problem, and a different message if there is.

But, as far as I can tell, it's one of the few major system programs that does not

write a summary to the Event Viewer logs. The only way to find the result is to read

and try and interpret the individual CBS.log entries, since there, again, as far as I can

tell, the summary result is not written to that log either. Only the (cryptic) results of

several hundred individual tests.

Am I correct here, and, if so, can anyone from Microsoft tell me why what should be

such an important result isn't written to the Event Viewer logs?

seniorart908, Apr 16, 2019
  4. Interpreting sfc /scannow results

Help with sfc /scannow results

Results of sfc /scannow: Windows Resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not supported
    in offline servicing scenarios. How to I correct the problem. Also in task manager, I continually have 75-100 % usage when no programs are running

Renee'Tippitt, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

Interpreting sfc /scannow results

1. Interpreting sfc /scannow results - Similar Threads - Interpreting sfc scannow

2. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Customization
    sfc /scannow: Windows resource protection will not let me run as admin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow/290e571e-190e-49b3-a0ec-b75a8d6cb4c5
  3. SFC /scannow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SFC /scannow: windows resource proteciton found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. for online repairs,details are included in teh CBS log file located windir/logs/cbs.log [ aka C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.LOG. I have the CBS.log.. but i don't know how to post it nor do i see a...
  4. Interpreting results from ScanPST.exe

in Browsers and Email
    Interpreting results from ScanPST.exe: I am certain that OL is set up incorrectly, First, because I have been getting send/receive errors along with all of my mail after the initial Finish/Done. I passed the first test and all subsequent Repair tests. I receive all mail and still receive errors, so it's my...
  5. Win10 system scan with cmd sfc/scannow and results in cbs.log

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 system scan with cmd sfc/scannow and results in cbs.log: I ran a scan for Windows 10 system command prompt and commands with SFC / scannow . After the scan results are in the file cbs.log , which I put here . I am green with these issues and I would like to ask for help in verifying the errors that were detected . I am particularly...
  6. SFC /Scannow Results

SFC /Scannow Results: Have i problems in my OS? SFC Details.txt 45203
  7. Sfc /scannow

Sfc /scannow: Hi I'm new to the forum When running SFC / SCANNOW I get an error message - Can someone help in fixing the issues that it refers to? "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log...
  8. SFC Scannow Results

in Windows 10 Support
    SFC Scannow Results: Has anyone else run "sfc /scannow" on their system? I am receiving integrity errors but they don't seem to logged or I can't find them in the usual place. 3341
  9. SFC /SCANNOW results

in Windows 10 Support
    SFC /SCANNOW results: Finally in this build 10049, I can run SFC /SCANNOW completely. I've extracted just the SR results from cbs.log showing repairs, but one did not fix. Has something to do with powershell. I've rebooted and rerun 3 times, the recommended. Any thoughts? sfcdetails.txt 5130
  10. Opencl.dll on sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Support
    Opencl.dll on sfc /scannow: hey guys long time lurker here, usually i find solutions on my problem but this time around, i have no idea what to do! Short story: ran sfc /scannow and got the message "found corrupt files but cannot repair," specifically regarding Opencl.dll. Can i fix this w/o doing a...