Windows 10: Interpunct after file extension

Discus and support Interpunct after file extension in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello A lot of image files and video files have interpunct after the file extension. If I try to open the file, it does not open. Even if I remove... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MohitGupta5, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Interpunct after file extension

Hello

A lot of image files and video files have interpunct after the file extension. If I try to open the file, it does not open. Even if I remove the dot/interpunct from the file extension then it still does not open.

I have a lot of important data in my hard drive and I would like to have a solution to how to view these files.

:)

MohitGupta5, Sep 3, 2019
  2. TonyWang3 Win User

File Extension with an Interpunct (Screenshot added)

Hi All,

First time posting a question here Interpunct after file extension :)

I was importing some files from external hard drive to a Win 10 x64 machine. Found the file format has an interpunct(dot) at the END of the file extension.

Interpunct after file extension 05de73d2-811e-4aa3-b5c7-c2e7a5574812?upload=true.png

Any idea how the file format got converted like this and how I can I read these files in Win 10 environment? Files can be opened in Win 7 with no issue.

Thanks in advance!

Tony

TonyWang3, Sep 3, 2019
  3. File Extension with an Interpunct (Screenshot added)

When you rename the file, do you get an option to remove the dot from the extension?

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Sep 3, 2019
  4. TonyWang3 Win User

Interpunct after file extension

File Extension with an Interpunct (Screenshot added)

Yes it does. I was able to remove the dot from the file and get my desired extension. However file won’t open as expected.

TonyWang3, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

Interpunct after file extension

1. Interpunct after file extension - Similar Threads - Interpunct file extension

2. .om file extension

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .om file extension: Is there a way to open .om file extension without having that Omicron program? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/om-file-extension/a6bf7dc1-126f-4478-b3f5-b747a4398620"
  3. .bg file extension

.bg file extension: Does anyone know how to open or convert images that are in the .bg format, in Windows 10? This all happened automatically after an update last year. Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bg-file-extension/e639c668-10db-4022-be42-93b6acf7132e"
  4. file explorer extensions

file explorer extensions: I recently transferred my files from an old laptop to a new one. All of my files have a new extension similar to the following: (2019_03_15 16_15_59 UTC). What happened, what did I do wrong?...
  5. File Extension and file type

File Extension and file type: Recently I came to know the in some directories, all my file type and extension are changed to CAAVME File (.caavme). When I open, its not opening. There is a file in every directory with the name "CAAVME-DECRYPT" and it contents: ---= GANDCRAB V5.0.4 =---...
  6. File extension .rfc822

File extension .rfc822: any advice on what I need to open a file .rfc822 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-extension-rfc822/a9d7018f-64e5-4013-a21b-c20f0f3c4234"
  7. file extension

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file extension: hi, i don't know why but when i'm trying to set .pas extension by PASCAL app it is not sett, i'm trying again and again but nothing is received https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-extension/9a8a6899-ad06-4c39-a55d-06371f2ec60d
  8. afp file extension?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    afp file extension?: During cleaning up old personal documents I found documents with an afp file extension. These documents are 12 years old, made in the XP period. In view of the file names they should be normal text documents, made in Word or pdf. Maybe also in Outlook or Pagemaker. With my...
  9. File extension

in Windows 10 Support
    File extension: How can I add a new file extension windows 10 Don Cole 73899
  10. File without extension

in Windows 10 Support
    File without extension: Hi everyone,I have download a file recently, called "download" which has no extension,so I wonder what it is. ***It's from onlinevideoconverter.com,I downloaded a song. 46974

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file extension interpunct