Windows 10: Interrupted system restore seems to be working fine?

Discus and support Interrupted system restore seems to be working fine? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; So earlier today I was having some trouble booting into windows, took a couple of tries everytime, but that got fixed by manually downloading and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by SuperTommy64, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Interrupted system restore seems to be working fine?

So earlier today I was having some trouble booting into windows, took a couple of tries everytime, but that got fixed by manually downloading and installing the window updates in the "Window Update Settings", but then after that, my GPU driver no longer worked, (error code 43), tried everything, reinstalled it and stuff, device manager disabling and re-enabling, downloading from website instead of geforce experience, did't work. So I decided to do a system restore point from 2 days ago, it was stuck on restoring registry for like 1.5 hours, so I forced shut down, after turning back on, everything seems to be working fine, AND it somehow fixed the GPU issue without actually going back 2 days. Although everything seems to be fine, I'm wondering if there are any possible subtle issues that may have caused.
    This was done on a 1 week old laptop.

:)

SuperTommy64, Apr 30, 2019
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Apr 30, 2019
  3. Cortana is not working fine

Hi,

For better understanding the issue let us know few details,

• Have you created any system restore point?

• Are you facing same issue on other user account?

As initial troubleshooting I request you to try below steps,

I suggest you to install the latest windows 10 updates, please follow the steps to install all the windows updates.

If you want to check for the update now, select the Start button, then select Settings
    > Update & security > Windows Update > Check for updates.

Run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Open Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Click on Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

• Run the Troubleshooter.

And also I suggest you to refer the below link and check.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Hope this information helps. Get back to us if you have any more queries on windows.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Apr 30, 2019
  4. Pinchy Win User

Interrupted system restore seems to be working fine?

windows xp duel boot with vista restore points

Turn off system restore in XP altogether...or if you dont want to, AsRocks suggestion should work :\

Pinchy, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

Interrupted system restore seems to be working fine?

1. Interrupted system restore seems to be working fine? - Similar Threads - Interrupted system restore

2. System interrupts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System interrupts: I'm facing some issues with my hp pavilion. Recently when i tried opening my edge browser it crashed 3 times which never happened before. So i looked up in my task manager and found out that System interrupts are using up 100% or sometimes 80% of my cpu. I don't know what's...
  3. System restore interrupted with power outage-

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System restore interrupted with power outage-: I will try my best to explain my circumstance....PC was undergoing a system restore and was restoring registry at the time power outage occurred. When electricity came back on later, PC was powered up but nothing happens other than I can hear it run, fan starts, and lights...
  4. system interrupts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    system interrupts: My computer often freezes on start up. This time when I checked to task manager I found that system interrupts was utilising 100% of my Intel i7 processor. I am running Windows 10 home with all updates in place. Ram is 12. According to task manager it is not a good idea...
  5. What to do after interrupting a stuck system restore

What to do after interrupting a stuck system restore: Hello, I had a common crackling speakers issue with my brand new XPS13 2in1 2020. I temporarily fixed the issue by disabling sound enhancement in the sound options, but this solution reduced sound quality. I was hoping for a better method. Yesterday, when I installed the...
  6. System Interrupts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Interrupts: So I have a Asus VivoBook x541u with the following specs(initial) specs: Intel core i7-7500u 2.7 Ghz (boosted to 3.5 Ghz) 1 TB HDD 6 GB DDR4 RAM Nvidia Geforce GT 920 MX 2 GB Windows 10 64 bit Home Edition Recently I have upgraded my ram from 6 GB to 12 GB and removed...
  7. Interrupted system restore seems to be working fine?

in Windows 10 Support
    Interrupted system restore seems to be working fine?: So earlier today I was having some trouble booting into windows, took a couple of tries everytime, but that got fixed by manually downloading and installing the window updates in the "Window Update Settings", but then after that, my GPU driver no longer worked, (error code...
  8. System interrupt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System interrupt: After opening any game or autocad program got forcefully closed and cpu usage seemed to be 100% showing system interrupt how to solve this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-interrupt/151a9f9a-ce4d-4bc5-9d64-748d6e3b21be
  9. PC works fine but wouldn't do a system restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    PC works fine but wouldn't do a system restore: Hi my PC works fine but wouldn't do a system restore.tried DISM tools but fails at initiatilisation. Ran chkdsk overnight no problems, sfc no problems. Last resort used media creation tool as per here. It went right though fine but then said something happened and didn't...
  10. DVD install seems to work fine..

DVD install seems to work fine..: Installing using the DVD went normally. It took a while after I got to the Desktop for the Start Button to become functional. I was a little disappointed to see they are still using the Microsoft standard size Recovery and EFI system partitions, 300 MB and 100 MB...