Windows 10: Interruption of being able to update existing non-Microsoft applications on Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Interruption of being able to update existing non-Microsoft applications on Windows 10 Pro in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is anyone else having issues installing the latest versions/upgrading existing non-Microsoft apps on Windows10? Most recently, in the last three weeks... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RickyO---, Feb 26, 2021.

1. RickyO--- Win User

Interruption of being able to update existing non-Microsoft applications on Windows 10 Pro

Is anyone else having issues installing the latest versions/upgrading existing non-Microsoft apps on Windows10?
    Most recently, in the last three weeks or so, every time I try to installsuch a program or app updates, Windows notifies me via a pop-up dialogue box, that "It's time to update your device".

With a little research, it appears it is part of Microsoft's initiative of "S Mode", a stricter enforcement of security. S Mode apparently requires one a to use the Microsoft Store for installable items; and, b Limits Windows10 to the use of MS Edge browser and Bing Maps.

In my case, I continue to be able to use any map app and any other browser I've chosen; so if this is supposedly an enforcement of S Mode, actual implementation of S Mode assuming that's the case since I cannot confirm it so on my workstation Win10 Pro, version 10.0.15063 build 15063 is inconsistent at best. I say I cannot confirm it because when I click on the "See how" link in the aforementioned pop-up, I get another pop-up, which states, "Your device is not running in S mode. Very confusing: If it's not in S mode, why is it asking me to update my system? I did go ahead and update Windows the first time I encountered this issue, and it is a suspect of causality for me. I've begun uninstalling updates, one at a time, to see if there is any reversal of this chain of pop-ups. So far, no reversals.

I've spent hours on this issue just wanting to update three programs; Interruption of being able to update existing non-Microsoft applications on Windows 10 Pro dc3124fb-8b04-457a-bcdf-43cc85998524?upload=true.jpg Interruption of being able to update existing non-Microsoft applications on Windows 10 Pro 4c2d69f9-fb59-43da-b0a6-1cae62f71b01?upload=true.jpg

I'm at a loss.

Any input from anyone? Any links to answers or options proven to be successful?

Thanks in advance.

:)

RickyO---, Feb 26, 2021

2. Microsoft Decreasing Windows 10 Updates Downtime in Fall Creators Update

Is there anyway to reach that "blog post" for us lowly, non-10 Luddites?
    Spoiler
    Interruption of being able to update existing non-Microsoft applications on Windows 10 Pro hub-png.png

No, it doesn't. Microsoft admitted that they disregard the GP settings, so your only options for disabling updates are via disabling its services or blocking the connection externally (both are applicable to the home version). The above is true for Enterprise as well.

Shihabyooo, Feb 26, 2021
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

Defer feature updates in Windows 10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Feb 26, 2021
  4. btarunr Win User

Interruption of being able to update existing non-Microsoft applications on Windows 10 Pro

Windows 10 KB3213986 Update Cripples Multi-monitor Gaming

The recent Cumulative Update for Windows 10 (KB3213986) cripples multi-monitor gaming, looking at the way Microsoft worded its "known issues" text. After the update is applied, users with multi-monitor setups could experience screen stuttering or clipped screens when running 3D apps on machines with more than one monitor. The only workaround Microsoft suggests for now entails running your 3D apps in non-fullscreen modes, such as windowed-maximized (pseudo-fullscreen) or windowed modes. Microsoft also goes as far as to suggest that people with multi-monitors could try starting their 3D apps with just one monitor connected.

"Users may experience delayed or clipped screens while running 3D rendering apps (such as games) on systems with more than one monitor," the change-log for the KB3213986 update reads. "To work around this issue please consider the following options: 1. Running the application in Windows mode (not full screen), or 2. Starting the application with only one monitor connected," it adds. The update effectively cripples multi-monitor gaming, using technologies such as AMD Eyefinity or NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround.

Interruption of being able to update existing non-Microsoft applications on Windows 10 Pro 5781d75ceca3_thm.jpg

Source: Microsoft

btarunr, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

1. Interruption of being able to update existing non-Microsoft applications on Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Interruption being able

2. Microsoft store asking me for a non-existent microsoft pin after being forced to sign into...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store asking me for a non-existent microsoft pin after being forced to sign into...: Hello,I'm trying to download and play minecraft however after purchasing this, it said that the installer isn't downloaded from the microsoft store - so I thought to myself okay easy solution lets go download it form the microsoft store this was not an easy solution. After...
  3. Microsoft store asking me for a non-existent microsoft pin after being forced to sign into...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store asking me for a non-existent microsoft pin after being forced to sign into...: Hello,I'm trying to download and play minecraft however after purchasing this, it said that the installer isn't downloaded from the microsoft store - so I thought to myself okay easy solution lets go download it form the microsoft store this was not an easy solution. After...
  4. Microsoft Store Trying to Update non existent application.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Store Trying to Update non existent application.: In updating MS Visual Studio the MS page listed more items than I should have been able to update. One item was VS 2012 C++ UWP which my VS does not have. VS 2010 Windows update does not see this and does not try to update. Windows Store, on the other hand, sees this attempt...
  5. Non existent USB device is being detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Non existent USB device is being detected: I presently have no USB device plugged into my ASUS E510 Laptop. However, the laptop keeps giving me a popup claiming "USB device not recognized". It is almost behaving as if I am rapidly plugging in, and taking out a USB device, as it chimes both the plug in and unplug...
  6. Not being able to update windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not being able to update windows: hey guys can u help me with the windows update problem. i am having an issue where the windows update tab in the setting doesnot shows anything rather than a white screen. the white screen symbolizes as something is loading but even after 3-4 hrs of waiting its the same. and...
  7. Not being able to update Windows 10 apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not being able to update Windows 10 apps: Hello, I checked my Microsoft Store this morning and I had 43 awaiting downloads. I tried to download them all but they just keep on saying "Downloading." I got version 1809 yesterday after it not downloading for over 4 months of release. I then checked the store. Yesterday...
  8. The non-existing MSE is still updating

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The non-existing MSE is still updating: Hello All, I've removed MSE 4.10, then replced it with McAfee 16.0 on Dec. 13-th. What puzzels me that MSE is still updating the non-existing app. [ATTACH] Any advice? Thank you csoros...
  9. UPGRADING TO WINDOWS 10 AND NOT BEING ABLE TO UPDATE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UPGRADING TO WINDOWS 10 AND NOT BEING ABLE TO UPDATE: Ok, I was fortunate enough to be in the right place at the right time and was near a trash compactor when some Korean guy came by and was going to throw away a LG XNOTE MODEL DMLGR58(B). I seized the moment and told him I would take it off his hands and out of the trash.. He...
  10. Non-Existent memory being used

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Non-Existent memory being used: Okay, Well windows 10 is giving me crap. I have two memory slots, 1 is being used. It tells me that i'm using, like 2.0 GB out of 1.6GB. What? I disabled page-file for much faster speed, and it worked. But i'm not even using 1GB in memory, even when i plus all the memory used...