Windows 10: interrupts being handled only on 2/8 cpu cores

Discus and support interrupts being handled only on 2/8 cpu cores in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have all my devices set in msi/msi-x mode, so they should utilize multicore. Yet latencymon shows only 2 of my 8 cores are handling interrupts, which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by empleat, Sep 10, 2019.

1. empleat Win User

interrupts being handled only on 2/8 cpu cores

I have all my devices set in msi/msi-x mode, so they should utilize multicore. Yet latencymon shows only 2 of my 8 cores are handling interrupts, which is strange. I even tried set DevicePolicy 5 under interrupt management/affinity policy for my gpu and it had no effect. And don't think latencymon shows wrong information, because it is professional program. Could be tho. Is there any windows setting, where i can set, how much of my cores i can reserve for interrupt management ? Didn't google anything except this, which is what i was talking about https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...y-and-priority

:)

empleat, Sep 10, 2019
  2. jaorg1234 Win User

High CPU usage when idle - System and System interrupts

I've been trying to find a solution for a while and decided to ask here for more help. I've noticed that my CPU usage is pretty high when idle, even after a cold reboot of the computer:

Task Manager View showing "System" and "System interrupts" causing a high CPU load:

interrupts being handled only on 2/8 cpu cores vcOPv.png

I've tried to dig deeper and used Processor Explorer to get more information, which, strangely enough, shows that "System interrupts" uses up more % of the CPU than the "System" process:

Process Explorer showing that "Interrupts" is taking up 20% of the CPU load:

interrupts being handled only on 2/8 cpu cores PC2cj.png

Next I've tried to narrow down the causes of the interrupts by using the Windows Performance Recorder and analyze the graph using the Windows Performance Analyzer (can't post the screenshot due to not having enough rep, but it looks like hal.dll is causing the most interrupts, but less than the 20% seen with Process Explorer)

Any suggestions how to proceed?

Information about my computer:

• Windows 10
    • Intel Core i5-4790k
    • AMD R390 GPU
    • 8 GB Ram

I've updated the GPU and sound drivers and Windows is up to date.

jaorg1234, Sep 10, 2019
  3. AMD 8-core CPU is throttled at half speed

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it works.

1. Press Windows key + R to open run.

2. Type msconfig and hit Enter.

3. Go to the boot tab and select advanced options.

4. Check the box labeled Number of processors.

5. Pick from the list how many cores you want to run.

6. Click Ok.

7. Restart the computer and check if it works.

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Sep 10, 2019
  4. interrupts being handled only on 2/8 cpu cores

Windows 10 on a server for remote work shows only 2 of 8 dedicated CPUs

Hey,

I recently installed Windows 10 EDU on a server with 8 dedicated CPUs and 32gb RAM.

The CPUs are Intel® Xeon® E5-2680V4

Unfortunately it can't access all CPUs.

In msconfig -> boot -> advanced I am able to select 2 cores, but not 8.

In the device manager there is even no item with processors.

Is it possible that windows 10 is not able to work with more than 2 dedicated CPUs?

Any other suggestion how to get this run on windows 10 ?

I don't need a real server since I just want to use it sometimes for remote work and the server licences for that much cores are really expensive for me.

Best

Phil

PhilippLoew-Albrecht, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

interrupts being handled only on 2/8 cpu cores

1. interrupts being handled only on 2/8 cpu cores - Similar Threads - interrupts being handled

2. High CPU usage by "System interrupts"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU usage by "System interrupts": I have DELL INSPIRON 15 5570 i7 8th generation, OS is installed in 128GB SSD drive. My CPU usage is very high. I opened task manager to see which process is using more CPU and found that " System interrupts" is using more that 80% of my CPU , thus slowing the system. I have...
  3. 블루스크린 interrupt exception not handled 의 해결방법좀 알려주세요

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    블루스크린 interrupt exception not handled 의 해결방법좀 알려주세요: 제가 개조제온 e5420 오버로 3.3까지 떙겨서 쓰고있는데 이게 오버클럭하고나서 윈도우를 포맷하고 다시깔고 나서부터인가 제목에 오류코드라고 뜨면서 꺼지더라구요 근데 링스돌려도 케이스만 열면 809도까지만 올라가고 안정적으로 쓰고있는데 카트같은 저사양게임 하다가 뜨니까 뭔지모르겠는데 왜그런걸까요?...
  4. INTERRUPT EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED BSOD

INTERRUPT EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED BSOD: Hello, I've been getting a few bsods, rarely, albeit but still annoying. The minidump file is here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsfFb51dF3BqiGv2WbB7VM666X73...
  5. CPU Logical cores

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CPU Logical cores: Hi. I'm using Windows 10 Home with an Intel Core i3-7100U @ 2.4Ghz, but when I first checked at Task Manager, the number of Logical Processors were 4. But somehow I changed the number to 2, and I want to change it back to 4 but I can't remember where I changed it in. Can...
  6. CPU Logical cores

CPU Logical cores: Hi. I'm using Windows 10 Home with an Intel Core i3-7100U @ 2.4Ghz, but when I first checked at Task Manager, the number of Logical Processors were 4. But somehow I changed the number to 2, and I want to change it back to 4 but I can't remember where I changed it in. Can...
  7. System interrupts high cpu usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System interrupts high cpu usage: Recently System interrupts have been using cpu up to 100% and I have tried a lot of what's on the web such as: checking for disk errors, get latest windows update, checking for system files corruption, updating drivers and BIOS, scanning for viruses, restoring power plan to...
  8. Try to launch an executable but being interrupted..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Try to launch an executable but being interrupted..: I try to launch an executable (MalwareByte program) but getting interrupted with : [img] How to solve this ? sincere help is appreciated.. 101285
  9. Subpar download speed with Ryzen 1800x - 2 CPU cores at 100%

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Subpar download speed with Ryzen 1800x - 2 CPU cores at 100%: Hello. I've a problem that's bugging me since I bought my Ryzen platform (specs are on my profile), and that problem is that my download speed is subpar (it doesn't reach close to 1Gbps like my old 3930k @4.5GHz would) vs what I got with my old platform. Before I only had...
  10. Which Version of Server 2016 To Select for 8 Core CPU

in Windows 10 Support
    Which Version of Server 2016 To Select for 8 Core CPU: We are building a new AMD Ryzen sys with 8 cores for Server 2016. I am asking which SKU for server 2016 do I need to purchase? Or a pointer to a retail website that clarifies.... We are really confused. We don't need a bunch of CAL's at this point. We just want the base...