Windows 10: Introducing Component Firmware Update

Discus and support Introducing Component Firmware Update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The Microsoft Devices Team is excited to announce the release of an open-source model for Component Firmware Update for Windows system developers –... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Introducing Component Firmware Update

Source: Introducing Component Firmware Update - Windows Developer Blog

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter

:)

Brink, Oct 17, 2018
  2. btarunr Win User

Crucial Releases "000F" Firmware Update for M4 SSD, Enhances Power-Loss Protection

Crucial is known for issuing firmware updates for its M4 series SSDs that bring significant improvements, be it the 0009 update that introduced performance improvements by as much as 20%, or the 0309 update that fixed a lot of BSOD instability issues. Introduced on Wednesday, the newest firmware update, "000F", introduces the following changes:
    • Improved compatibility with certain SAS expanders and peripheral RAID cards.
    • Improved throughput stability under extremely heavy workloads.
    • Improved data protection in the event of unexpected, asynchronous power loss.
    With higher performance, improved OS-level stability, and now with higher throughput stability and improved data protection in the event of power loss, Crucial M4 is closer to being the perfect consumer SSD.

DOWNLOAD: Crucial M4 000F Firmware Update Windows 7 Updater Utility, Manual Boot File, Instructions

btarunr, Oct 17, 2018
  3. PS3 and PSP firmware updated

Sony has updated the firmware for its two most recent consoles, with a few improvements for each. The PS3 firmware has been updated to version 1.70, which will enable gamers to play PS1 software purchased from the PlayStation Store (previously only playable on the PSP) and will allow the use of the vibration function of accessories when playing PlayStation and PlayStation 2 titles (not PS3 games unfortunately, but a step forwards). The PlayStation Store still lists all classic titles as being for the PSP, but this may be changed when it’s updated later this week. As for the PSP, the firmware has been updated to version 3.40, with the most noticeable changes being improved support for PlayStation Network titles and a changed method for managing certificates under [Game]. Apparently with the new firmware, gamers can share save data between both consoles allowing PS1 titles to be continued on the move and at home.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Oct 17, 2018
  4. Introducing Component Firmware Update

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

Introducing Component Firmware Update

1. Introducing Component Firmware Update - Similar Threads - Introducing Component Firmware

2. Firmware update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firmware update: My laptop got restarted after update and now it's has been frozen since one hour on this. Can anyone please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firmware-update/584bd16e-a618-4c78-baeb-da7bcc9fe8c6
  3. Firmware update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Firmware update: My laptop got restarted after update and now it's has been frozen since one hour on this. Can anyone please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firmware-update/584bd16e-a618-4c78-baeb-da7bcc9fe8c6
  4. Firmware update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firmware update: https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=uefi%5Cres_%7B12b99262-648c-4365-bafd-eb869fb72094%7DHi, I need documentation for these two files in the link are the above updates compatible with my device if someone pointed out the link to the documentation thanks in...
  5. Firmware update

Firmware update: https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=uefi%5Cres_%7B12b99262-648c-4365-bafd-eb869fb72094%7DHi, I need documentation for these two files in the link are the above updates compatible with my device if someone pointed out the link to the documentation thanks in...
  6. Firmware update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Check firmware updates

Check firmware updates: How do I confirm that most recent firmware is installed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/check-firmware-updates/41a01813-86a2-48e6-8233-990d58a4a3a4
  8. Windows update components

Windows update components: Can you please help me resolving this, I tried trouble shooter for windows update so many times but doesnt fix this problem. This is the problem that I encountered.! What should I do?[ATTACH]...
  9. Reset update components

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reset update components: I have been suggesting the use of the following script to reset the update components. Code: @ECHO OFF echo Simple Script to Reset / Clear Windows Update echo. PAUSE echo. attrib -h -r -s %windir%\system32\catroot2 attrib -h -r -s %windir%\system32\catroot2\*.* net stop...
  10. Updating Component Registration

Updating Component Registration: Hello, I'm having the issue where installs don't work, but just get stuck on Updating component registration. On Windows 7 to fix this you had to remove update KB2918614, but now I can't find a way to do it as that update is not longer around. Is there a new update that...