Windows 10: Introducing Firefox Reality browser for VR headsets

Discus and support Introducing Firefox Reality browser for VR headsets in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Earlier this year, we shared that we are building a completely new browser called Firefox Reality. The mixed reality team at Mozilla set out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Introducing Firefox Reality browser for VR headsets

Among these features is the ability to search the web using your voice. Text input is still a chore for virtual reality, and this is a great first step towards solving that. With Firefox Reality you can choose to search using the microphone in your headset.

Introducing Firefox Reality browser for VR headsets fxr-voice_search.gif

Content served fresh

From the moment you open the browser, you will be presented with immersive experiences that can be enjoyed on a VR headset directly from the Firefox Reality browser. We are working with creators around the world to bring an amazing collection of games, videos, environments, and experiences that can be accessed directly from the home screen.

Introducing Firefox Reality browser for VR headsets 003-fxr-home-1-1000x588.png

Introducing Firefox Reality browser for VR headsets 004-fxr-home-2-1000x552.png

A new dimension of Firefox

We know a thing or two about making an amazing web browser. Firefox Reality is using our new Quantum engine for mobile browsers. The result is smooth and fast performance that is crucial for a VR browser. We also take things like privacy and transparency very seriously. As a company, we are dedicated to fighting for your right to privacy on the web. Our values have guided us through this creation process, just as they do with every product we build.

Introducing Firefox Reality browser for VR headsets fxr-private-browsing-1-1000x1000.jpg

We are just getting started

We are in this for the long haul. This is version 1.0 of Firefox Reality and version 1.1 is right around the corner. We have an always-growing list of ideas and features that we are working to add to make this the best browser for mixed reality. We will also be listening and react quickly when we need to provide bug fixes and other minor updates.

If you notice a few things are missing (“Hey! Where are the bookmarks”), just know that we will be adding features at a steady pace. In the coming months, we will be adding support for bookmarks, 360 videos, accounts, and more. We intend to quickly prove our commitment to this product and our users.

Built in the open

Here at Mozilla, we make it a habit to work in the open because we believe in the power of transparency, community and collaboration. If you have an idea, or a bug report, or even if you just want to geek out, we would love to hear from you. You can follow @mozillareality on twitter, file an issue on GitHub, or visit our support site.

Calling all creators

Are you creating immersive content for the web? Have you built something using WebVR? We would love to L: connect with you about featuring those experiences in Firefox Reality. Are you building a mixed reality headset that needs a best-in-class browser? L: Let’s chat.

Firefox Reality is available right now.

Download for Oculus
    (supports Oculus Go)

Download for Daydream
    (supports all-in-one devices)

Download for Viveport (Search for “Firefox Reality” in Viveport store)
    (supports all-in-one devices running Vive Wave)

[youtube]06jyMtB3qIE[/youtube]

Source: Explore the immersive web with Firefox Reality. Now available for Viveport, Oculus, and Daydream - The Mozilla Blog

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter

:)

Brink, Sep 19, 2018
  2. Mark Isi Win User

How to rotate image in VR Headset

Hello Larry,

Just to verify, are you referring to Mixed Reality headset? If it is a VR Headset you got from a different vendor, my suggestion is to reach out to the manufacturer's support online for further assistance with your VR headset.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Mark Isi, Sep 19, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    VR headset manufacturers launch the Global Virtual Reality Association

Read more: VR headset manufacturers launch the Global Virtual Reality Association | ZDNet

Brink, Sep 19, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

New VirtualLink Standard for Connecting Next-Generation VR Headsets

Read more: New Open Industry Standard Introduced for Connecting Next-Generation VR Headsets to PCs, Other Devices | NVIDIA Newsroom

Brink, Sep 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Introducing Firefox Reality browser for VR headsets - Similar Threads - Introducing Firefox Reality

2. Windows updater not working; Mixed Reality not seeing my VR headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updater not working; Mixed Reality not seeing my VR headset: Sequence of events:Got a new computer.Plugged in my HP Reverb G2, but nothing happened. Went through all the troubleshooting tips with no results.Reinstalled Mixed Reality Portal. It opens and says it is downloading, but then crashes. It was suggested that I don't have all...
  3. Windows updater not working; Mixed Reality not seeing my VR headset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updater not working; Mixed Reality not seeing my VR headset: Sequence of events:Got a new computer.Plugged in my HP Reverb G2, but nothing happened. Went through all the troubleshooting tips with no results.Reinstalled Mixed Reality Portal. It opens and says it is downloading, but then crashes. It was suggested that I don't have all...
  4. Introducing the New Facebook Reality Labs

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing the New Facebook Reality Labs: [ATTACH] And Save the Date for Facebook Connect on September 16 We’re renaming our AR/VR team — Facebook Reality Labs — to encompass the expansive work we’re doing to build the next computing platform and help people feel...
  5. Microsoft now shipping HoloLens 2 mixed reality headset to customers VR-Holo

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft now shipping HoloLens 2 mixed reality headset to customers VR-Holo: Redmond, Washington – The first time people don the new HoloLens 2 on their heads, the device automatically gets to know them: It measures everything from the precise shape of their hands to the exact distance between their eyes. The artificial intelligence research and...
  6. LENOVA VR EXPLORA HEADSET

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    LENOVA VR EXPLORA HEADSET: When I first purch product it was compatible with this laptop then my son had a accident and cracked the screen took it to local shop got it fixed and now its no longer compatible needless to say he only used VR 2X and it was pricey plus now this laptop isn't a touchscreen...
  7. FireFox Browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    FireFox Browser: I wish to add a picture in the body of the browser instead of color. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firefox-browser/4dbd8dbf-bc60-4186-b6a4-00b231a23d9f
  8. Introducing the new Oculus Rift S VR headset at GDC 2019

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing the new Oculus Rift S VR headset at GDC 2019: Today at GDC, we unveiled Oculus Rift S—a new VR headset that combines the convenience of built-in Oculus Insight tracking technology with the full power of your PC. Built on the Rift platform, Rift S gives gamers and tech enthusiasts access to the most immersive content that...
  9. Introducing the New Firefox: Firefox Quantum

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing the New Firefox: Firefox Quantum: It’s fast. Really fast. Firefox Quantum is over twice as fast as Firefox from 6 months ago, built on a completely overhauled core engine with brand new technology stolen from our advanced research group, and graced with a beautiful new look designed to get out of the way and...
  10. VR headset manufacturers launch the Global Virtual Reality Association

in Windows 10 News
    VR headset manufacturers launch the Global Virtual Reality Association: With the virtual reality market poised to take off, several VR headset manufacturers are creating a nonprofit to foster the industry and develop best practices. The founding members of the Global Virtual Reality Association (GVRA) include Acer Starbreeze, Google, HTC VIVE,...