Windows 10: Introducing Linux GUI apps running on Windows using the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL)

Discus and support Introducing Linux GUI apps running on Windows using the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/no_quests [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/no_quests, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Introducing Linux GUI apps running on Windows using the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL)

/u/no_quests, Apr 21, 2021

2. Windows Subsystem Linux

Hello,

We would like to know more about the issue you're experiencing with using
    Windows Subsystem for Linux
    . Kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you developing a program, an app, or a software for Linux?
    • Is your Window 10 PC connected to a domain?
    • Are you managing a Windows Server PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Can you tell us the Version and OS build of your Windows 10 device? You can find this information by clicking the
      Start button, type About your PC, and then press
      Enter.

We need the following information in order to determine if we need to refer your concern to the
    TechNet forums or the Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) forums.

For now, we suggest reviewing these support articles to find out if there's an issue with the installation of
    Windows Subsystem for Linux:

We'll be waiting for your response.

Devlin Sco, Apr 21, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to enable Windows Subsystem for Linux

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you have downloaded Linux Terminal from Microsoft Store and you are getting an error when running the PowerShell command. However, as per the article

Windows Subsystem for Linux Installation Guide for Windows 10
    you need to run the PowerShell command first and then install the required Linux distribution from the store. I suggest you to try running the PowerShell command
    first and check.

For more information on Windows Subsystem for Linux, please refer the articles

Windows Subsystem for Linux Documentation
    and

Troubleshooting Windows Subsystem for Linux

If the issue persists, I suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet forums
    , where we have support professionals and experts on this query to assist you with the appropriate details.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 21, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Introducing Linux GUI apps running on Windows using the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL)

The Windows Subsystem for Linux BUILD 2020 Summary

Source: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/comma...-2020-summary/

See also: DirectX is coming to Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL)

How to Enable or Disable Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL in Windows 10

Brink, Apr 21, 2021
Thema:

Introducing Linux GUI apps running on Windows using the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL)

1. Introducing Linux GUI apps running on Windows using the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) - Similar Threads - Introducing Linux GUI

2. Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL will not install any Linux Distro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL will not install any Linux Distro: I am using a Windows PC with the following specs:Edition: Windows 11 HomeVersion: 23H2OS build: 22631.2338Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 100.22674.1000.0 Processor: IntelR CoreTM i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHzInstalled RAM: 16.0 GBSystem type: 64-bit operating...
  3. relate to Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    relate to Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL: I’m having trouble with the Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL on my Windows 10 computer. Whenever I try to open WSL, it automatically closes within a second. I’ve tried disabling and re-enabling the WSL feature, but the issue persists. Can anyone provide guidance on how to...
  4. relate to Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    relate to Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL: I’m having trouble with the Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL on my Windows 10 computer. Whenever I try to open WSL, it automatically closes within a second. I’ve tried disabling and re-enabling the WSL feature, but the issue persists. Can anyone provide guidance on how to...
  5. relate to Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL

6. Run Linux Apps on Windows using Windows Subsystem for Linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run Linux Apps on Windows using Windows Subsystem for Linux: WSL or Windows Subsystem for Linux allows you to run GNU/Linux environment in Windows 10/11 directly without using a dual-boot configuration or a virtual machine.GIMP running on Windows 11 installation, courtesy of WSLgPrerequisites for WSLWSL1/WSL2 requires Windows 10 Build...
  7. Run Linux Apps on Windows using Windows Subsystem for Linux

Run Linux Apps on Windows using Windows Subsystem for Linux: WSL or Windows Subsystem for Linux allows you to run GNU/Linux environment in Windows 10/11 directly without using a dual-boot configuration or a virtual machine.GIMP running on Windows 11 installation, courtesy of WSLgPrerequisites for WSLWSL1/WSL2 requires Windows 10 Build...
  8. WSL - Enabling Windows Subsystem for Linux

WSL - Enabling Windows Subsystem for Linux: 11/11/2018 I have windows 10, version 1803, OS build 17134.37 In powershell as administrator, I run the command: enable-windowsoptionalfeature -online -featurename microsoft-windows-subsystem-linux and receive error: enable-windowsoptionalfeature : the referenced...
  9. Using Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) in an Enterprise

in Windows 10 News
    Using Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) in an Enterprise: Recently, customers in an enterprise environment have asked if there is a way to install WSL without an internet connection. These companies had some machines that would benefit from having WSL, but don't have an internet connection for security, logistics, or other reasons....
  10. Run Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) Distro in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Run Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) Distro in Windows 10: How to: Run Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) Distro in Windows 10 How to Run a Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) Distro in Windows 10 The Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) is a new Windows 10 feature that enables you to run native Linux command-line tools directly on...