Windows 10: Introducing Microsoft Stream

Discus and support Introducing Microsoft Stream in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Video is one of the most powerful ways we connect, communicate and learn today – breaking down geographic boundaries and bringing a distinctly human... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Introducing Microsoft Stream

Source: Introducing Microsoft Stream: the secure destination to manage and share videos for businesses of all sizes - The Official Microsoft Blog

Brink, Jul 17, 2016
  2. TheMany Win User

Well, I hope to heck they've improved on some things from Office 365 video—like allowing you to put videos in subfolders, and not having them play back automatically when you open your browser, and they're ridiculously slow encoding process.

Office 365 Video really needs to mature. Right now it is a drooling, crying baby that vomits on you whenever it has a chance. Maybe this is the answer. But I'll stick with Screencast until the geniuses at MS stop complicating things and just make it work.

Sorry bad day.

:)

TheMany, Jul 17, 2016
  3. Bobh1607 Win User
    Microsoft-introduced ERRORS

Over the last few months, Microsoft have forced updates on users which have resulted in some messages being displayed.

I reer of course to the "restart required..." and "you need to update your account..." messages.

Microsoft have tried to fob us off with actions which WE have to take, which don't work, when what they should be doing is putting out a delivery of an update to correct these ERRORS.

I call them errors because that is what they are.

I speak to you as someone who has spent over 30 years in the computer industry, mostly in a support role, sending out updates and managing change.

If I had forced out deliveries which caused MY customers a load of grief, well, I'm sure I wouldn't have completed anywhere near 30 years in the industry!

Now, my Microsoft account is working perfectly well, thank you, and I do not need to update it.

Similarly, I have performed a large number of restarts, and still get the message telling me that a restart is required.

Now it is high time that Microsoft stopped abusing its dominant position, and stopped treating its customers with contempt, and sorted out these errors.

Well, a few days now and no replies.

But then, you can't defend the indefensible, can you?

If MS don't wish to comment, at least incorporate a "don't show this message again" option in the two examples I referred to above - and ensure that the system acts on it!

Bobh1607, Jul 17, 2016
  4. sudude Win User

sudude, Jul 17, 2016
  5. Kari Win User
    In my opinion the biggest con in MS Video and Stream services is that you cannot share them outside your organization. Especially Stream is really nice and incredibly easy to use, being selfish it would for instance be a perfect platform for me to share my Windows videos if I only could share content to anyone with a link.

But no, that's not happening.

Introducing Microsoft Stream [​IMG]

6. CountMike New Member
    What about that "Custom" part, can't you put an IP or something to connect to anyone else ?

CountMike, Jul 20, 2016
  7. Kari Win User
    No. Custom lets you choose users or groups within your organization. Sharing possible only to those members of your organization that have separately signed up to Stream.

Introducing Microsoft Stream [​IMG]

Kari, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Introducing Microsoft Stream - Similar Threads - Introducing Microsoft Stream

2. microsoft stream

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft stream: hello, i have windows 7 ,, i can't play videos on microsoft stream ,, i tried using chrome, microsoft edge, firefox ,, and nothing , videos play on my iphone but not my laptop .. i tried downloading a mega codec pack too,, still nothing is there a way to fix this ???...
  3. microsoft stream

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft stream: hello, i have windows 7 ,, i can't play videos on microsoft stream ,, i tried using chrome, microsoft edge, firefox ,, and nothing , videos play on my iphone but not my laptop .. i tried downloading a mega codec pack too,, still nothing is there a way to fix this ???...
  4. Introducing Microsoft Teams displays

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Microsoft Teams displays: As many people around the world are working remotely, we are seeing an increased need to streamline the work experience and help prioritize what is important. Following our recent blog on Teams product news, we are excited to announce our newest device innovation, Microsoft...
  5. Introducing Microsoft Editor

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Microsoft Editor: [media] Bring out your best writer anywhere you write with Microsoft Editor, your intelligent writing assistant. Many of us are working or attending school remotely, and with so much communication happening through writing it is more than important than ever that you...
  6. Introducing Microsoft Surface Hub

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Microsoft Surface Hub: Some of the most productive work happens when you can harness the collective knowledge and skills of a group. When you bring the right backgrounds and experience together, suddenly the most challenging problems feel like they can be solved. We want every meeting to be...
  7. Introducing Microsoft Edge Dev

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Microsoft Edge Dev: On behalf of the Microsoft Edge team, I’m thrilled to welcome you to the brand new Microsoft Edge Dev Blog, now part of the Windows Blogs family! Like the IEBlog before it, this is where the Microsoft Edge team will share with you the latest on our activities, including the...
  8. Introducing Microsoft 365

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Microsoft 365: Today at Inspire, Satya Nadella unveiled Microsoft 365, which brings together Office 365, Windows 10 and Enterprise Mobility + Security, delivering a complete, intelligent and secure solution to empower employees. It represents a fundamental shift in how we will design, build...
  9. Microsoft introduces 'One Store'

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft introduces 'One Store': At a press event in San Francisco, Microsoft announced the upcoming Windows 10 will come with a unified store for all Windows devices. This means the app store for Windows Phone and Windows will be combined into one, something which has been rumored a number of times in the...
  10. Introducing Microsoft Health

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Microsoft Health: Today we are announcing a new platform called Microsoft Health that is designed to make it easier for you to track your personal fitness and give you a more holistic view into your fitness activities. Microsoft Health will unite data like steps, calories, heart rate and more...