Windows 10: Introducing Office 365 Connectors

Discus and support Introducing Office 365 Connectors in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Last November, we announced the limited preview of Office 365 Connectors, a brand new experience that delivers relevant interactive content and updates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Introducing Office 365 Connectors

Source: Introducing Office 365 Connectors - Office Blogs

Brink, Mar 24, 2016

2. Just reading about this in Win Beta
    I use both Offices most of the time
    So will be good for myself for one
    I use Twitter and Bing 99% of the time
    Hopefully Face Book will also get on board

:)

hTconeM9user, Mar 25, 2016
  3. windows phone 8 sync tasks with outlook on my pc? OTA?

Office 365 syncs directly to Outlook on a computer without the need for the Outlook Hotmail Connector. Instead it syncs in the same manner as an Exchange Server account.

The university where I teach uses Office 365 for its email. As such, I sync email, contacts, appointments and tasks between Outlook 2010 on my computer and my University 365 account without using the Outlook Hotmail Connector. My Contacts, Appointments and
    Tasks sync just fine. Since all this data is synced between my University Office 365 account and Outlook 2010 on my computer, the data is stored in my University Office 365 account and so all the data is also synced to my phone.

You can try this out now.....If you already have an Office 365 account, go sync it to Outlook on your computer. Then you can confirm that the Contacts, Appointments and Tasks sync to your Office 365 account from your computer and you can confirm that you don't
    need to use the Outlook Hotmail Connector when you set up the account to sync.

Free Windows Live, Outlook.com, or Hotmail.com accounts can only be synced to Outlook 2010 via the Outlook Hotmail Connector. As you know the Outlook Hotmail Connector does not sync tasks, so the only way to get tasks over to the online accounts is if you
    manually enter them there. If you upgrade to Outlook 2013, you don't use the Outlook Hotmail Connector since this functionality is built into Outlook 2013, and Outlook 2013 overcomes the limitations of the Outlook Hotmail Connector by syncing Contacts, Appointments
    AND Tasks to a Windows Live, Outlook.com or Hotmail.com account.

Julie fka profjulie, Mar 25, 2016
  4. WmsRandy Win User

WP8, Outlook Tasks & Office 2013

There's a lot of movement in terminology. Is this correct:

1) Outlook Hotmail Connector is no longer necessary

2) Microsoft Account is the new term for Windows Live

How about Office 365 vs Office 2013. Are there two new Office products or just one?

WmsRandy, Mar 25, 2016
Thema:

1. Introducing Office 365 Connectors - Similar Threads - Introducing Office 365

2. office 365

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    office 365: I did not install publisher when i installed "home office 365." How do I now find and install? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-365/720b03d8-673f-4b53-ad3c-0918ab23bdc0
  3. Microsoft introduces Google G Suite to Office 365 migration tools

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft introduces Google G Suite to Office 365 migration tools: Several weeks ago we added a new Microsoft 365 Roadmap item announcing our intent to add ability to migrate Google G Suite calendars and contacts to the ability to migrate mail to Office 365 using our native migration tools. We're excited to say that this functionality has...
  4. Introducing the new Office 365 App Launcher

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing the new Office 365 App Launcher: As we continue to expand the great set of online productivity tools available to Office 365 users, we are committed to improving the experience that ties these services together. Today, we’re announcing a new version of the Office 365 App Launcher, which will provide improved...
  5. Introducing Office 365 business apps

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Office 365 business apps: Today, we announced that Microsoft Connections, Microsoft Listings, Microsoft Invoicing, and the Office 365 Business center are now generally available as part of Microsoft 365 Business and Office 365 Business Premium. The new apps are rolling out to customers in the U.S.,...
  6. Introducing Microsoft Teams—the chat-based workspace in Office 365

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Microsoft Teams—the chat-based workspace in Office 365: Today, at an event in New York City, we announced Microsoft Teams—the new chat-based workspace in Office 365. Microsoft Teams is an entirely new experience that brings together people, conversations and content—along with the tools that teams need—so they can easily...
  7. Introducing Microsoft 365

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Microsoft 365: Today at Inspire, Satya Nadella unveiled Microsoft 365, which brings together Office 365, Windows 10 and Enterprise Mobility + Security, delivering a complete, intelligent and secure solution to empower employees. It represents a fundamental shift in how we will design, build...
  8. Introducing the new Office 365 profile experience

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing the new Office 365 profile experience: In the modern workplace, an organization’s most important assets are its people. The knowledge, skills and expertise found throughout your carefully recruited teams are tantamount to individual and collective success.All too often, however, this specialized knowledge is...
  9. Introducing a new home page experience for Office 365 users

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing a new home page experience for Office 365 users: Earlier this month, we began to roll out a new, more intuitive home page experience for Office 365 users. This update brings a fresh new look and feel to the Office 365 welcome page, and a range of new features for both administrators and users. We’re constantly looking...
  10. Introducing boards in Office Delve for Office 365

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing boards in Office Delve for Office 365: As Office Delve continues to roll out to Office 365 business customers, we love hearing about how people are using this new, innovative experience to discover and explore content that’s relevant to the work they and their teams are doing. Using Office Graph, an intelligent...