Windows 10: Introducing Project Spartan: The New Browser Built for Windows 10

Discus and support Introducing Project Spartan: The New Browser Built for Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Today I’m excited to share more details about “Project Spartan,” the new browser we are introducing in Windows 10. Project Spartan will be available... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Introducing Project Spartan: The New Browser Built for Windows 10

Source: Introducing Project Spartan: The New Browser Built for Windows 10

:)

Brink, Mar 30, 2015

2. Since I got Windows 10, my computer goes to sleep after just a few minutes of inactivity and I cannot clear the history of previously visited websites

Hi,

Project Spartan is the new browser introduced in Windows 10. It is fast, compatible, and built for the modern Web. Project Spartan is designed to work the way you do, with features enabling you to do cool things like write or
    type on a webpage. It’s a browser that is made for easy sharing, reading, discovery and getting things done online.

For you second question also i suggest you to try the above method and check if that helps, If not, I suggest you to check if similar issue persists on another user account.

Create another administrator user account by referring to

Set up accounts
    on Windows 10 article.

The corrupted user profile does not function normally such as not launching
    Start menu, Cortana, Search bar, Store and other
    Windows applications. In such cases creating a new profile and checking for the same will help in identifying if the is specific to corrupted user profile or the OS.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance.
    Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Nachappa C K, Mar 30, 2015
  3. Will Windows 10 have Internet Explorer?

IE is still included in windows 10 BUT it is being retired and replaced with project spartan. Spartan is set to be the default browser in win 10 and it can import all of IE's favs bookmarks, etc.

I suspect there will be some gowning pains in getting used to Spartan.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Mar 30, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

Thanks for the info Shawn! *Smile
    Really curious about the 'inking' feature.
    I'm guessing it automatically sets up the page you're on as a screenshot, you do your thing then gives you the ability to share it straight away?
    Should be cool.

Edwin, Mar 30, 2015
  5. BillyBob Win User
    Just downloaded it, it's pretty fast and you can even draw on the page which is good if you want to highlight things and then cut them out.
    I'll play with it more later but seems okay so far.

BillyBob, Mar 30, 2015
  6. Wynona Win User
    Thanks, Shawn! Downloading now.

This one kind of snuck up on us! *Smile

Wynona, Mar 30, 2015
  7. Wynona Win User
    You got it downloaded, Edwin?

Wynona, Mar 30, 2015
  8. Edwin New Member

Yup!

Hey! Favorites from my Phone just showed up on here-Desktop Spartan!

Edwin, Mar 30, 2015
  9. Wynona Win User
    You got one of those Winders phones? I'm stuck with one of those cheap Android thingamabobs! Works, though.

Wynona, Mar 30, 2015
  10. Edwin New Member
    K, a few tweaks and resets and a couple restarts and things are starting to work!
    Finally getting Cortana to find stuff out!

Edwin, Mar 30, 2015
  11. Just discovered that Spartan crashes when attempting to toggle from Full Screen mode to Windowed mode.

IownAmoneyPit, Mar 30, 2015
  12. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Haven't had that problem. . .need you know what blocker though. . .*Wink

13. besb Win User

Carrying out some testing on my historic sites.
    Remote ie web hosted sites are mainly OK - some but not major errors with iframes.
    I decided to test using stored files on my PC . and get problems I cant open any htm file locally

I created a very simple html file in notepad saved as spartan.html to desktop

Code: <html> <head> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"> <title>Just a Spartan desk-top test</title> </head> <body> Just a test </body> </html>[/quote] Right-click open with project spartan gives the following error page:-
    Copy the file to my NAS server open in explorer Right-click open in projrct spartan and get CORRECT page

Just a Spartan desk-top test.

Can anybody please replicate and prove that I have not gone completely insane as I just dont believe they could have released it without someone having tried to open a local html file not hosted on a server of some kind.
    Note all files open locally in IE, firefox opera safari dremweaver etc etc locally other than spartan.

I can maximise, resize minimise Spartan with no problems here

14. Mystere Win User
    Most likely it's a permissions issue. Spartan likely runs in very low privilege mode, and is not allowed to access most locations on the hard disk for security reasons so that if it is compromised, it cannot install malware or viruses.

Mystere, Mar 31, 2015
  15. linw Win User
    Seems very raw to me. I won't be wasting any more of my time on it.

Closed itself several times

Favorites Bar unusable - partly obscured, alpha order and I can't see how you are supposed to access entries that aren't on screen.
    Can't drag open page to bar. No rt click action. Can't drag urls to it etc

Plays clips all by itself.

No add ons like adblocker. This is a must! No auto logon.

Maybe I'm the only one who is going to pass on it but if it is not very pleasant to use, testing time is going to be small.

I've been running win 10 as my main machine since Oct so I am not gun shy and am very supportive in the main.

Just my opinion - hope others get to try it out a bit more than me.

Back to Chrome!

Thema:

1. Introducing Project Spartan: The New Browser Built for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Introducing Project Spartan

2. Project Spartan fails to open

in Browsers and Email
    Project Spartan fails to open: Ever since I upgraded to version 10074 I cannot get Spartan to open. It starts to activate then shuts down again before the blue splash screen has disappeared. As Spartan is set to default - whenever I use a program that requires access to the net, it cant do anything as...
  3. No Project Spartan in Build 10049

in Browsers and Email
    No Project Spartan in Build 10049: Hi there. I recently installed 10049, but Project Spartan is not there or isn't working. When I go to All Apps and search under P for Project Spartan, there is an icon. When I click on it, it puts a big picture of Project Spartan on the screen, but there is no Internet...
  4. Project Spartan

in Browsers and Email
    Project Spartan: I saw somewhere on a MS site that if you are a member of THe insiders Club that you can download this browser. I can't seem to locate the url for the download. Can anyone help with this? 5004
  5. Windows 10's speedy new Project Spartan browser will ditch Internet Ex

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10's speedy new Project Spartan browser will ditch Internet Ex: Microsoft hasn't quite made it official, but a Microsoft executive recently came the closest yet to confirming that Project Spartan—the primary browser in Windows 10—will not be named Internet Explorer. During Microsoft’s Convergence conference in Atlanta on Monday,...
  6. Microsoft's Project Spartan is being armed for assault in the browser.

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft's Project Spartan is being armed for assault in the browser.: With Project Spartan, Microsoft is building a new, modern browser for all Windows 10 devices: PCs, tablets and phones. Although the new rendering engine (Edge) has been forked from the one in Internet Explorer 11 (Trident), it has rapidly diverged from it, and now works well...
  7. Project Spartan and the Windows 10 January Preview Build

in Windows 10 News
    Project Spartan and the Windows 10 January Preview Build: Yesterday, we announced that Windows 10 will ship with a brand new browser, codenamed “Project Spartan.” Designed for Windows 10, Spartan provides a more interoperable, reliable, and discoverable experience with advanced features including the ability to annotate on web...
  8. Hands on with Microsoft's next gen 'Project Spartan' web browser

in Windows 10 News
    Hands on with Microsoft's next gen 'Project Spartan' web browser: A new web browser called Project Spartan has been introduced in Windows 10 Technical Preview build 10049. It's still not finished, but Windows Insider members can start playing with it to leave some feedback. Microsoft reminds us that this preview is not a polished,...
  9. Hands on with Microsoft's new browser, Spartan

in Windows 10 News
    Hands on with Microsoft's new browser, Spartan: Microsoft is working on a new web browser called Spartan and while that is not the name the company will use to market the app, it is the moniker by which it is referring to it during its development. This browser will come with Windows 10 and will feature deep integration...
  10. Microsoft's new browser, Spartan, is not in today's Windows 10 release

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft's new browser, Spartan, is not in today's Windows 10 release: At Mobile World Congress, a Microsoft executive said that in the next release of Windows 10 to Insiders, Spartan would be part of the build. But with today's release of 10041, Spartan is not part of the package. We got a chance to chat with Gabe Aul, ahead of today's...