Windows 10: Introducing Project Spartan: The New Browser Built for Windows 10

Discus and support Introducing Project Spartan: The New Browser Built for Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; It like the rest of the OS are a work in progress and finding and reporting issues are key. Without that MS can't get it working properly, IMO,. Jeff Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 30, 2015.

1. BunnyJ New Member

Introducing Project Spartan: The New Browser Built for Windows 10

It like the rest of the OS are a work in progress and finding and reporting issues are key. Without that MS can't get it working properly, IMO,.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Apr 1, 2015
  2. Wynona Win User

Yep, Jeff. That's what betas are all about; errr, ummm, Technical Previews, that is. Windows has grown into such a huge behemoth that the staff that MS can afford will never be able to find all the bugs. Also, without suggestions from us, some features we want may never see the light of day.

I'm on one beta where a group of about 75 of us get the bits about a week before the rest of the testers get them. It's a last chance for any abnormalities to get found out before wide testing can begin. It is amazing that one or the other of us generally finds a "show stopper" right out of the box! I've even found two or three show stoppers myself and confirmed a lot more when we were pointed to them by another tester.

Another point I'd like to make is that sometimes you, I or Joe Bloe will find something we label as a bug. I'll take myself, for instance. Could be/probably is a bug: I cannot get onto the Internet reliably with Build 10041 update; however, it's marginally better with a clean install of 10041. Release of Build 10049 update is somewhat better, but there's still no prize to be awarded.

Scenario 1) I come here and point out the problems I'm having. Several folks get into the discussion and eventually someone says, "Did you do this?" and so I "do this" and the problem is solved (I Wish!!!). Whether the problem is solved or not, if no one gives feedback Microsoft won't know that a whole bunch of folks are having this problem.

Scenario 2) With Build 10041 I cannot reliably get onto the Internet. Build 10049 is somewhat better, but I still cannot get onto the Internet with any regularity. So, I and everyone else who has the problem decide Windows 10 is not for us, uninstall it and tell all our friends Windows 10 won't let you get onto the Internet. Microsoft never hears of the problem, thus, when it's time for RTM, a buggy Windows 10 shows up.

Of course, Scenario 2) will never happen, because the folks here don't test that way. We're all smarter than your average bear. *Dinesh

Wynona, Apr 1, 2015
  3. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Hmmmmmmm really interesting thought. . .*Smile

Thema:

Introducing Project Spartan: The New Browser Built for Windows 10

1. Introducing Project Spartan: The New Browser Built for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Introducing Project Spartan

2. Project Spartan fails to open

in Browsers and Email
    Project Spartan fails to open: Ever since I upgraded to version 10074 I cannot get Spartan to open. It starts to activate then shuts down again before the blue splash screen has disappeared. As Spartan is set to default - whenever I use a program that requires access to the net, it cant do anything as...
  3. No Project Spartan in Build 10049

in Browsers and Email
    No Project Spartan in Build 10049: Hi there. I recently installed 10049, but Project Spartan is not there or isn't working. When I go to All Apps and search under P for Project Spartan, there is an icon. When I click on it, it puts a big picture of Project Spartan on the screen, but there is no Internet...
  4. Project Spartan

in Browsers and Email
    Project Spartan: I saw somewhere on a MS site that if you are a member of THe insiders Club that you can download this browser. I can't seem to locate the url for the download. Can anyone help with this? 5004
  5. Windows 10's speedy new Project Spartan browser will ditch Internet Ex

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10's speedy new Project Spartan browser will ditch Internet Ex: Microsoft hasn't quite made it official, but a Microsoft executive recently came the closest yet to confirming that Project Spartan—the primary browser in Windows 10—will not be named Internet Explorer. During Microsoft’s Convergence conference in Atlanta on Monday,...
  6. Microsoft's Project Spartan is being armed for assault in the browser.

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft's Project Spartan is being armed for assault in the browser.: With Project Spartan, Microsoft is building a new, modern browser for all Windows 10 devices: PCs, tablets and phones. Although the new rendering engine (Edge) has been forked from the one in Internet Explorer 11 (Trident), it has rapidly diverged from it, and now works well...
  7. Project Spartan and the Windows 10 January Preview Build

in Windows 10 News
    Project Spartan and the Windows 10 January Preview Build: Yesterday, we announced that Windows 10 will ship with a brand new browser, codenamed “Project Spartan.” Designed for Windows 10, Spartan provides a more interoperable, reliable, and discoverable experience with advanced features including the ability to annotate on web...
  8. Hands on with Microsoft's next gen 'Project Spartan' web browser

in Windows 10 News
    Hands on with Microsoft's next gen 'Project Spartan' web browser: A new web browser called Project Spartan has been introduced in Windows 10 Technical Preview build 10049. It's still not finished, but Windows Insider members can start playing with it to leave some feedback. Microsoft reminds us that this preview is not a polished,...
  9. Hands on with Microsoft's new browser, Spartan

in Windows 10 News
    Hands on with Microsoft's new browser, Spartan: Microsoft is working on a new web browser called Spartan and while that is not the name the company will use to market the app, it is the moniker by which it is referring to it during its development. This browser will come with Windows 10 and will feature deep integration...
  10. Microsoft's new browser, Spartan, is not in today's Windows 10 release

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft's new browser, Spartan, is not in today's Windows 10 release: At Mobile World Congress, a Microsoft executive said that in the next release of Windows 10 to Insiders, Spartan would be part of the build. But with today's release of 10041, Spartan is not part of the package. We got a chance to chat with Gabe Aul, ahead of today's...