Windows 10: Introducing Skype call recording

Discus and support Introducing Skype call recording in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; When we added video to Skype calls over ten years ago, the ability to share important moments with loved ones took a big step forward. Today, we’re... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Introducing Skype call recording

Source: Introducing Skype call recording - now you can capture, save, and share special moments | Skype Blogs

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter

:)

Brink, Sep 4, 2018
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Sep 4, 2018
  3. Skype "can't access sound card" for microphone

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the microphone on Skype. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

We appreciate your time spent in resolving the issue.

• Do let us know if you have made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Which version of Skype have you installed on your computer?

As a workaround, I suggest you to check if there are any updates for the Skype app in Windows Store. If so, try to install the updates and check if it helps.

Also, I recommend you to check with the settings in Skype app.

Step 1: Check configuration in Skype

Normally, you will receive the message about recording device error, if the microphone or the webcam is not configured properly in Skype.

To check configuration:

• Open Skype and navigate to tools
    • Click options and check for sound device.

Step 2: Verify in the recording tab if the Microphone is enabled and working.

To check:

• Click Start, click Control Panel
    • Click Soundand click Audio.

Hope it helps. Update us the status with the error message on Skype for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 4, 2018
  4. SamuelLV Win User

Skype for Business Recordings

Hi Robert, I would advise adjusting your recording options prior to starting the recording. The 480p video resolution will be optimal if you want to email it later. To reduce your recordings to the smallest possible size, follow the steps below:

- Settings icon in Skype for Business, click on Tools > Options

- Options screen, select Recording and change the video resolution to 480p. Click Ok to save the changes.

SamuelLV, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Introducing Skype call recording - Similar Threads - Introducing Skype call

2. Skype Recording

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Skype Recording: I just did an interview and recording it and everything went well. I got the pop up in the chat that it was recorded and watched it back and it was all good. I downloaded it and it's in my drive, yet when I click on it to watch the recording it pops up with, "This file isn't...
  3. Introducing background blur in Skype

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing background blur in Skype: We’ve all had those moments: You’re about to video call your parents and your laundry is all over the place, or you’re about to have a meeting with a potential investor and your business plan is on a whiteboard behind you, or you’re being interviewed on live television and...
  4. Skype: How To Record Calls?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype: How To Record Calls?: Hi computing experts, I just want to record the audio content of my Skype calls between me and one other person into any kind of audio format. I'm not wanting to record video. I know it's possible to record Skype calls from within the Skype now, but I don't want to use...
  5. Skype Preview for Windows 10 is getting call recording feature

in Windows 10 News
    Skype Preview for Windows 10 is getting call recording feature: Microsoft earlier this month announced call recording feature for Skype on Windows 10 and other platforms. Today, Skype (preview) for Windows 10 is getting a new update with the ability to record the calls. The latest version of the Skype app is 8.26.xx.xx and you can...
  6. Introducing free Skype Meetings

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing free Skype Meetings: [img] We’re pleased to introduce free Skype Meetings—a new online meetings tool that provides small businesses with real-time audio and HD video conferencing. Skype Meetings includes collaboration features like the ability to share screens and content during meetings....
  7. Introducing Cortana in Skype

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Cortana in Skype: Conversation is central in our everyday lives. We chat to stay in touch, to share news and ideas that excite us, and to make plans for getting together with family and friends. But we often find ourselves in need of information—a fact to share, a place to meet, a movie time,...
  8. Introducing Skype Interviews Scheduler

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Skype Interviews Scheduler: Scheduling job interviews with multiple interviewers and candidates can be a complicated and time-consuming task, one that can easily account for a significant portion of a recruiter’s workload. Today, a new integrated scheduling app—built on the Skype Interviews...
  9. Introducing the next generation of Skype

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing the next generation of Skype: Life is busy and filled with too many options. Staying connected, with all this noise, can sometimes be challenging. And in a world of choice, having a familiar place to share with the people who are closest to you, can go a long way. Today, we are introducing the next...
  10. Introducing Skype for Business

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Skype for Business: Yesterday we kicked off a global conversation about how Microsoft is reinventing productivity—across the board—to create a world where people can truly make the most of their time and lead more fulfilling lives. Connecting people across all of life’s moments – to talk, to...