Windows 10: Introducing the Storage Access API for Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Introducing the Storage Access API for Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Today, we’re excited to announce the “first-look” rollout of the Storage Access API in our Canary and Dev channels.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

Introducing the Storage Access API for Microsoft Edge

Source: Introducing the Storage Access API - Microsoft Edge Blog

:)

Brink, Jul 8, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 8, 2020
  3. Microsoft Edge extension API roadmap

Microsoft Edge extension API roadmap

Source: https://developer.microsoft.com/en-u...n-api-roadmap/

Cluster Head, Jul 8, 2020
  4. Introducing the Storage Access API for Microsoft Edge

Accessing EDGE

Hello Dave,

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing Microsoft Edge, we will help you with this issue.

Step 1: I suggest you to try restarting Microsoft Edge Browser
    and check if it helps.

• Right click on Start button and click on
      Task Manager.
      Click on Details tab.
    • Click on microsoftedgeCP.exe
      and click End task. (Do the same for all the Microsoft Edge files)
    • Restart your Computer and check if it helps.

Step 2: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post for further assistance about this issue.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

Introducing the Storage Access API for Microsoft Edge

1. Introducing the Storage Access API for Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Introducing Storage Access

2. Open with - Microsoft WinRT Storage API

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open with - Microsoft WinRT Storage API: Hi,Today I'm trying installing DolbyVision+HDR.AppxBundle. When I got stuck during the initial installation, I cancelled it and reinstalled, and this time the installation was successful.However, after installation, right-clicking on a MP4 or MKV, one of the options is...
  3. Open with - Microsoft WinRT Storage API

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open with - Microsoft WinRT Storage API: Hi,Today I'm trying installing DolbyVision+HDR.AppxBundle. When I got stuck during the initial installation, I cancelled it and reinstalled, and this time the installation was successful.However, after installation, right-clicking on a MP4 or MKV, one of the options is...
  4. a Microsoft WinRT Storage API problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a Microsoft WinRT Storage API problem: Hi,I'm working in an IT company and operating a app on Windows platform. By some reason, we need to run that app as administrator.We are using company's domain credential to identify ourself to "run as admin" by using another username.After we upgraded into Windows 11, we...
  5. a Microsoft WinRT Storage API problem

a Microsoft WinRT Storage API problem: Hi,I'm working in an IT company and operating a app on Windows platform. By some reason, we need to run that app as administrator.We are using company's domain credential to identify ourself to "run as admin" by using another username.After we upgraded into Windows 11, we...
  6. Open with - Microsoft WinRT Storage API

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open with - Microsoft WinRT Storage API: Hi,Since my PC updated to Win 11 22H2 Pro, right-clicking on a JPG, one of the options is "Microsoft WinRT Storage API", clicking on this just brings up the error message "Element not found". I can find no way of removing this "open-with" item.Just to clarify, I have seen...
  7. Open with - Microsoft WinRT Storage API

Open with - Microsoft WinRT Storage API: Hi,Since my PC updated to Win 11 22H2 Pro, right-clicking on a JPG, one of the options is "Microsoft WinRT Storage API", clicking on this just brings up the error message "Element not found". I can find no way of removing this "open-with" item.Just to clarify, I have seen...
  8. Microsoft Edge extension API roadmap

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge extension API roadmap: Microsoft Edge extension API roadmap In addition to web APIs, the extension API allows extensions to achieve deeper integration with the browser host. This API gives developers access to Microsoft Edge’s browser features such as tab and window manipulation. Check out...
  9. Introducing the WebVR API in Chrome for Android

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing the WebVR API in Chrome for Android: Virtual Reality (VR) is rapidly growing in popularity, and now it's coming to the web. The power of the web is that it can allow VR to work across browsers and hardware, accessible via a single click. This enables VR developers to broadly reach users across multiple types of...
  10. Introducing Microsoft Edge Dev

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Microsoft Edge Dev: On behalf of the Microsoft Edge team, I’m thrilled to welcome you to the brand new Microsoft Edge Dev Blog, now part of the Windows Blogs family! Like the IEBlog before it, this is where the Microsoft Edge team will share with you the latest on our activities, including the...