Windows 10: Introducing Windows 10 Editions

Discus and support Introducing Windows 10 Editions in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; . . .Darn. . .now I'm totally confused, can anyone really explain this, it just doesn't make any sense. . . or it just me. . .*Think What don't you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Dave44, May 12, 2015.

1. Mystere Win User

Introducing Windows 10 Editions

What don't you understand? I don't understand what you don't understand.

Mystere, May 13, 2015
  2. Roger Win User
    Roger, May 13, 2015
  3. Cliff S New Member
    I woluld only need that after the first install, from there on it's my system image. One of my Windows 7 drives has the same "installation" since 2011, just that I always make a good image every month. I I experiment around and something breaks I go back to the last good image and update Windows and MSE and the software, all which is never older than a month. So basically I can say It's the same four year old image and it runs beautifully.

I do not believe in reinstalling, I believe in being careful & backing up.

Cliff S, May 13, 2015
  4. WHS
    whs Win User

5. BunnyJ New Member
    The one thing I hope is that when they give out the free versions of Windows the users of Win8.1 pro get a pro copy of Win10. Then the question is who/how does the home version gets distributed.

BunnyJ, May 13, 2015
  6. Looks like you're in luck.

blackroseMD1, May 14, 2015
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    Thanks for the information/update.. that is good news.

BunnyJ, May 14, 2015
  8. JJG10 Win User

I have Windows 7 Home Premium installed and have installed several of the Win10TP. Am looking forward to the final release but, at this point, I am confused by what I read in the lead article of this thread. J want to take the upgrade from Win7 so I wont have to reinstall all my programs and tweak the system. That is important to me.

I think I want to go with the Home edition if it has the ability to have Windows Update tell me updates are available and let me choose which ones to install without having them installed automatically. As I read it, this ability will only be available in Win 10 Pro and above.

Am I correct?

Thank you.

JJG10, May 14, 2015
  9. Gary Win User
    I think that you will have to upgrade to the version of Windows 7 you upgrade from. This may not be true if You are a Member of The Insiders Group.

10. BunnyJ New Member
    Regardless of the TP version the upgrade version the person gets is going to be based on the license of the OS that is being used to get Win10 RTM. That is if you use a Win7 Home you would get a Win10 home.

BunnyJ, May 14, 2015
  11. Gary Win User
    I believe that is what I said but there still is the issue of The Insiders Group being able to go to the Final from the Insiders Preview.

12. BunnyJ New Member
    It's going to be a equal license version exchange. Home for home and pro for pro regardless of the participation in the insider program or going from TP to RTM.

BunnyJ, May 14, 2015
  13. Gary Win User

14. BunnyJ New Member
    Gary, the license you use is the key to what version of Windows you get. Not if you're using the TP or not. You use a Win7 home to get the Win10 you get a home edition of the new OS. What was posted there is about upgrading from the TP to the RTM and that has nothing to do with the licensing.

BunnyJ, May 14, 2015
  15. Gary Win User
    If you install the Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Insiders Preview that will be the version you will upgrade to. If you did a clean install of it, you can upgrade to the same version RTM./

Thema:

1. Introducing Windows 10 Editions - Similar Threads - Introducing Editions

2. Introducing the DEV HOME app in my Windows 11 just arrived via MS Store.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Introducing the DEV HOME app in my Windows 11 just arrived via MS Store.: Just received a DEV HOME app update via MS Store.Intrigued I installed it to see what it was.Mainly for development projects.If you are interested go here to read about it.https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/dev-home/Davy....
  3. Introducing the DEV HOME app in my Windows 11 just arrived via MS Store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Introducing the DEV HOME app in my Windows 11 just arrived via MS Store.: Just received a DEV HOME app update via MS Store.Intrigued I installed it to see what it was.Mainly for development projects.If you are interested go here to read about it.https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/dev-home/Davy....
  4. Inactive google account policy and error introducing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inactive google account policy and error introducing: Trfd6h7io5f77sdihrj7dfdi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inactive-google-account-policy-and-error/ae6bdbd9-8747-41a9-b9ca-cfab10af2768
  5. Inactive google account policy and error introducing

Inactive google account policy and error introducing: Trfd6h7io5f77sdihrj7dfdi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inactive-google-account-policy-and-error/ae6bdbd9-8747-41a9-b9ca-cfab10af2768
  6. How can I introduce my product to the Microsoft Office Team for a possible Acquisition by...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I introduce my product to the Microsoft Office Team for a possible Acquisition by...: Hello dear Microsoft, My name is Alexander Madani, and I am the product founder and CEO at: EZ Notes - Notes Voice Notes EZ Notes is an award-winning mobility organizer available exclusively on Google Play Store at the moment. This app has been customized for Android users...
  7. How can I introduce my product to the Microsoft Office Team for a possible Acquisition by...

How can I introduce my product to the Microsoft Office Team for a possible Acquisition by...: Hello dear Microsoft, My name is Alexander Madani, and I am the product founder and CEO at: EZ Notes - Notes Voice Notes EZ Notes is an award-winning mobility organizer available exclusively on Google Play Store at the moment. This app has been customized for Android users...
  8. Port exclusions introduced after a Windows update

Port exclusions introduced after a Windows update: Hi,I encountered an intermittent issues of some of my network application stop working suddenly with error message "bind: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions". After following the suggestions on this StackOverflow post:...
  9. Introducing the new Xbox One S All-Digital Edition console

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing the new Xbox One S All-Digital Edition console: [ATTACH] At Xbox, we’re inspired by gamers – they’re at the center of everything we do. We’re constantly listening to your feedback and looking for new ways to provide the best value and choice in gaming. Today, we’re excited to announce a new choice we’re bringing to...
  10. When editing models with 3D Builder it introduces corruption causing merge and repair...

When editing models with 3D Builder it introduces corruption causing merge and repair...: Does Microsoft have a solution for the corruption introduced into edited models by 3D Builder? Just in case you're not aware of the problem, here's how it works... I created a some models in 3D Builder. [ATTACH] I would have used 3D Builder to print them, but it...