Windows 10: Introducing Windows 10 Editions

Discus and support Introducing Windows 10 Editions in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; If you install the Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Insiders Preview that will be the version you will upgrade to. If you did a clean install of it, you can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Dave44, May 12, 2015.

1. BunnyJ New Member

Introducing Windows 10 Editions

When you perform the upgrade you might/need to turn in a license/key to get a new version. If the license if a home you get a home version. It's not going to be an exchange without a license. The only advantage of the TP to the RTM is you don't have to re-install WIn8.1/Win7 to go to the RTM.

BunnyJ, May 14, 2015
  2. Gary Win User

The key word in your post is IF. Now I am done with this thread, no one really knows until MS comes out with a clear, concise route to the Final Release of Windows 10.

3. Wynona Win User
    They will, Jeff. Windows 8 came as "core" and Pro. Windows 7 came as Home Premium, Ultimate and Professional, as well as one or two real business versions.

Wynona, May 14, 2015
  4. JJG10 Win User

Thank you. But that doesn't answer the question of being able to choose updates and not having them installed automatically.

JJG10, May 14, 2015
  5. I think what you're not getting is, if you are an insider you get Win 10 free, even if you don't have a license to a previous version of windows.

fracking4oil, May 14, 2015
  6. derekimo Win User
    Are you sure about that? Where did you get that information?

derekimo, May 14, 2015
  7. fracking4oil, May 14, 2015
  8. derekimo Win User

derekimo, May 14, 2015
  9. CountMike New Member
    CountMike, May 14, 2015
    fracking4oil, May 14, 2015
  11. f14tomcat Win User
    Thanks for the post, Mike. May not be a perfect explanation (what is?), but it's one of the better one's I've seen lately. Nicely de-garbled and not heavy on the geek-speak. Maybe I should forward it to Gabe....... *Wink

f14tomcat, May 14, 2015
  12. CountMike New Member
    Lol. Gabe must be more geek than us. This seems to be pretty clear explanation but still subject to changes until MS confirms in no uncertain terms.

CountMike, May 14, 2015
  13. JJG10 Win User

Will the Home Edition RTM allow me to check for updates and choose the ones I want to download and when to do it?

Thank you.

JJG10, May 15, 2015
  14. labeeman Win User
    labeeman, May 15, 2015
  15. JJG10 Win User
    JJG10, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Introducing Windows 10 Editions - Similar Threads - Introducing Editions

2. Introducing the DEV HOME app in my Windows 11 just arrived via MS Store.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Introducing the DEV HOME app in my Windows 11 just arrived via MS Store.: Just received a DEV HOME app update via MS Store.Intrigued I installed it to see what it was.Mainly for development projects.If you are interested go here to read about it.https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/dev-home/Davy....
  3. Introducing the DEV HOME app in my Windows 11 just arrived via MS Store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Introducing the DEV HOME app in my Windows 11 just arrived via MS Store.: Just received a DEV HOME app update via MS Store.Intrigued I installed it to see what it was.Mainly for development projects.If you are interested go here to read about it.https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/dev-home/Davy....
  4. Inactive google account policy and error introducing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inactive google account policy and error introducing: Trfd6h7io5f77sdihrj7dfdi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inactive-google-account-policy-and-error/ae6bdbd9-8747-41a9-b9ca-cfab10af2768
  5. Inactive google account policy and error introducing

Inactive google account policy and error introducing: Trfd6h7io5f77sdihrj7dfdi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inactive-google-account-policy-and-error/ae6bdbd9-8747-41a9-b9ca-cfab10af2768
  6. How can I introduce my product to the Microsoft Office Team for a possible Acquisition by...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I introduce my product to the Microsoft Office Team for a possible Acquisition by...: Hello dear Microsoft, My name is Alexander Madani, and I am the product founder and CEO at: EZ Notes - Notes Voice Notes EZ Notes is an award-winning mobility organizer available exclusively on Google Play Store at the moment. This app has been customized for Android users...
  7. How can I introduce my product to the Microsoft Office Team for a possible Acquisition by...

How can I introduce my product to the Microsoft Office Team for a possible Acquisition by...: Hello dear Microsoft, My name is Alexander Madani, and I am the product founder and CEO at: EZ Notes - Notes Voice Notes EZ Notes is an award-winning mobility organizer available exclusively on Google Play Store at the moment. This app has been customized for Android users...
  8. Port exclusions introduced after a Windows update

Port exclusions introduced after a Windows update: Hi,I encountered an intermittent issues of some of my network application stop working suddenly with error message "bind: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions". After following the suggestions on this StackOverflow post:...
  9. Introducing the new Xbox One S All-Digital Edition console

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing the new Xbox One S All-Digital Edition console: [ATTACH] At Xbox, we’re inspired by gamers – they’re at the center of everything we do. We’re constantly listening to your feedback and looking for new ways to provide the best value and choice in gaming. Today, we’re excited to announce a new choice we’re bringing to...
  10. When editing models with 3D Builder it introduces corruption causing merge and repair...

When editing models with 3D Builder it introduces corruption causing merge and repair...: Does Microsoft have a solution for the corruption introduced into edited models by 3D Builder? Just in case you're not aware of the problem, here's how it works... I created a some models in 3D Builder. [ATTACH] I would have used 3D Builder to print them, but it...