Windows 10: Intrusive desktops

Discus and support Intrusive desktops in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Every so often, my PC stops what its doing and shows me large thumbnails of my active windows, plus "Desktop 1" and two empty "desktops." I think this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by Newmaven, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Newmaven Win User

Intrusive desktops

Every so often, my PC stops what its doing and shows me large thumbnails of my active windows, plus "Desktop 1" and two empty "desktops." I think this started happening when I updated to Versioon 2004.

How do I stop this nuisance?

Running Ver 2004 Build 19041.508

:)

Newmaven, Oct 11, 2020
  2. rimi Win User
  3. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Oct 11, 2020
  4. MohanC Win User

Intrusive desktops

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Oct 11, 2020
Thema:

Intrusive desktops

1. Intrusive desktops - Similar Threads - Intrusive desktops

2. Intrusive OneDrive installation, hijacking of folder paths.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intrusive OneDrive installation, hijacking of folder paths.: Fed up with stupid Microsoft's aggressive, intrusive practices and this is a well known issue specifically with OneDrive being reinstalled without consent, hijacking folder paths in Outlook local and file explorer, with no way to reverse it.I've reinstalled windows 11 clean,...
  3. Intrusive OneDrive installation, hijacking of folder paths.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intrusive OneDrive installation, hijacking of folder paths.: Fed up with stupid Microsoft's aggressive, intrusive practices and this is a well known issue specifically with OneDrive being reinstalled without consent, hijacking folder paths in Outlook local and file explorer, with no way to reverse it.I've reinstalled windows 11 clean,...
  4. How do I turn off intrusive news from Windows 10 search?

in Cortana
    How do I turn off intrusive news from Windows 10 search?: I have a Windows 10 PC where news has started appearing in the "Type here to search" task bar. How do I make it go away? I have looked into various settings, but no joy. There must be some way to turn it off right? But how? Thanks....
  5. How do I turn off intrusive news from Windows 10 search?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off intrusive news from Windows 10 search?: I have a Windows 10 PC where news has started appearing in the "Type here to search" task bar. How do I make it go away? I have looked into various settings, but no joy. There must be some way to turn it off right? But how? Thanks....
  6. How do I turn off intrusive news from Windows 10 search?

7. How do I get rid of the AI? Is is very intrusive and keeps resetting my settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of the AI? Is is very intrusive and keeps resetting my settings.: I am about to give up on Microsoft and remove all my account and even the email I use for 80% of my contacts.Reason is the Invasion of the intrusive Bing Chat AI.I was writing a legal document and the stupid AI kept coming stating didn't you mean and the it correct the...
  8. How do I get rid of the AI? Is is very intrusive and keeps resetting my settings.

How do I get rid of the AI? Is is very intrusive and keeps resetting my settings.: I am about to give up on Microsoft and remove all my account and even the email I use for 80% of my contacts.Reason is the Invasion of the intrusive Bing Chat AI.I was writing a legal document and the stupid AI kept coming stating didn't you mean and the it correct the...
  9. How do I get rid of the AI? Is is very intrusive and keeps restting my settings.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I get rid of the AI? Is is very intrusive and keeps restting my settings.: I am about to give up on Microsoft and remove all my account and even the email I use for 80% of my contacts.Reason is the Invasion of the intrusive Bing Chat AI.I was writing a legal document and the stupid AI kept coming stating didn't you mean and the it correct the...
  10. Desktop Intrusive Advert - Bottom Right

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Intrusive Advert - Bottom Right: First time seeing this kind of advert on Windows 10, minimal software installed so it's possible it's from Microsoft but they've so far only gradually been pushing adverts in the Start Menu. I want to believe it's adware that hasn't been picked up, but frankly they never...