Windows 10: Intstalling Off.2010 on storage and W10 on SSD?

Discus and support Intstalling Off.2010 on storage and W10 on SSD? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I had to reinstall W10 (worked, yay!) Now I have to install my Office 2010 discs and get any updates from way back when. I installed W10 on my SSD.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by tspnyc, Jan 15, 2019.

1. tspnyc Win User

Intstalling Off.2010 on storage and W10 on SSD?

I had to reinstall W10 (worked, yay!)

Now I have to install my Office 2010 discs and get any updates from way back when.

I installed W10 on my SSD.

Is it ok to install Office 2010 on the 1TB storage drive?

I would prefer to save the SSD for W10, and speed intensive software (video editing, multitrack audio recording, PhotoShop, online multiplayer games.)

I use Word and Excel and Outlook set to an Outlook.com address (ost file.)

Any potential issues for Windows and or Office if I run Office from the HD rather than the SSD?

Thanks

:)

tspnyc, Jan 15, 2019
  2. techguy31 Win User

64Gb SSD for OS or 2Tb HDD for storage ?!

I suggest that you get the 2tb for storage. SSDs are only useful if you want to boot things fast like OS and programs. I actually suggest you get both if you have that many movies.

techguy31, Jan 15, 2019
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    SSD storage keeps filling up on its own

Hi Ash,

There's a possibility that the files are just hidden. As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps below on how to display hidden files that's eating space of your SSD:

• On the Search bar, type folder, and then select
      Show hidden files and folders from the search results.
    • Under Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives,
      and then select OK.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Anne Ros, Jan 15, 2019
  4. miahallen Win User

miahallen, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Intstalling Off.2010 on storage and W10 on SSD? - Similar Threads - Intstalling Off 2010

2. Migrate W10 to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Migrate W10 to SSD: Dear Sir/MadamHelloCurrently I have two HDD Drives W10 installed on one of them , the second one System image stored on it,Soon I will get another two SSD Drives "SATA or M2" , The question is how to connect both SSD Drives and HDD drives so I can restore system image to a...
  3. Migrate W10 to SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migrate W10 to SSD: Dear Sir/MadamHelloCurrently I have two HDD Drives W10 installed on one of them , the second one System image stored on it,Soon I will get another two SSD Drives "SATA or M2" , The question is how to connect both SSD Drives and HDD drives so I can restore system image to a...
  4. Migrate W10 to SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Storage on SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage on SSD: I have a 227GB SSD which is showing a nearly full. When I run Storage Sense it says that Apps and Features is 97.2GB but when I go into it, there are only 2 apps bigger than 1GB and the total in no way reaches 97.2 GB. What is taking up all the space on my hard drive? Many...
  6. Latest Update W10 Storage

in Windows 10 Customization
    Latest Update W10 Storage: For days now, I've been trying to purge 1.67 GB of Windows Update Cleanup files that keep showing up in my Temporay Files when I go to remove them. The system acts like it's going to purge them, but goes back to the Remove Files box and the 1.67 GB are still there. Is there...
  7. Intstall app store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Intstall app store: Connect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intstall-app-store/c5e32a47-eb49-4571-a3a8-6c8739baba03"
  8. Crucial SSD storage tool recommends to turn off 8.3 (LFN) for my SSD.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Crucial SSD storage tool recommends to turn off 8.3 (LFN) for my SSD.: During an SSD Crucial Executive scan, the recommendation was to turn off the 8.3 file naming feature to optimize the drives performance. The suggestion had a footnote indicating that turning the feature off would improve performance of the SSD; but come at a cost of possibly...
  9. Getting Outlook 2010 off the W10 system 'Completly'

in Browsers and Email
    Getting Outlook 2010 off the W10 system 'Completly': Is there a way of getting all of the Outlook 2010 files off my machine altogether ? Due to the impossibility of my previous problem with IMAP and Microsoft Exchange email, I decided to completely uninstall Outlook 2010. When I reinstalled, all of the old email account were...
  10. Updates for Office 2010 fail to install in W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updates for Office 2010 fail to install in W10: The title says it all. 12670