Windows 10: Intune - Deploying Win10 .msi packages with required .mst files

Discus and support Intune - Deploying Win10 .msi packages with required .mst files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Not seeing how we can deploy .msi apps that have a .mst tranform required. Anybody else been able to figure this out?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DaveElerick, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Intune - Deploying Win10 .msi packages with required .mst files

Not seeing how we can deploy .msi apps that have a .mst tranform required. Anybody else been able to figure this out?

:)

DaveElerick, Jul 14, 2020

2. Windows Installer Error: This installation package cannot be opened.

Hi AJ,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We are glad to provide the assistance required to help you answer your query.

The above error can occur if the locally cached Windows Installer package (*.msi) file is damaged or corrupted.

To rectify the above, I suggest that you try the steps mentioned below and check if you are able to install the software successfully.

• Open the \Windows\Installer folder on your computer's hard disk.
    • Right-click any file with an .msi extension.
    • Click Properties on the shortcut menu. The
      Subject
      box on the Summary tab contains the name of the product that installed the .msi file.
    • Repeat steps 2 and 3 for each .msi file in the \Installer folder, and delete the .msi file for the software that you are trying to install.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 14, 2020
  3. olit2000 Win User
    msi package cannot be installed

When I try to install any msi-based program (in my case VirtualBox but also 7zip) I get following error messages: "the system could not open the specified device or file." and then "the installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package.
    This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2755." when I hit the "install" button.

I have captured the most verbose log I could get and posted it here:
    https://pastebin.com/PZSRQgwy

It seems that the installer is unable to read the msi file.

What I have already tried:

• rebooting
    • re-registering msiexec with msiexec /unreg and msiexec /regserv
    • sfc /scannow
    • this troubleshooter: MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall.meta.diagcab
    • give everyone full r/w permission to the msi file and parent folder

I run win 10 home build 1809 with all available updates

my av is avast

I have no clue what could have coused this error because a month ago it did work

olit2000, Jul 14, 2020
  4. Kai Ponte Win User

Intune - Deploying Win10 .msi packages with required .mst files

InTune Enterprise Mobility on Windows Mobile?

My organization is requiring that we migrate all mobile devices to use managed services for our corporate email and calendaring. I am in charge of deployment for my department. I have instructions to deploy InTune on our 144 Android devices and 51 Apple
    devices. However, I cannot find where to install InTune on our Windows Mobile devices. I don't even see InTune as an app in the store. Unfortunately, both my Microsoft sales rep and TAM now use Iphones.

Any ideas?

Kai Ponte, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

Intune - Deploying Win10 .msi packages with required .mst files

1. Intune - Deploying Win10 .msi packages with required .mst files - Similar Threads - Intune Deploying Win10

2. Intune App Deployment - Required install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intune App Deployment - Required install: Hi, I deployed an app package thru intune, the app was successfully installed to all the machines except for 1 device which is still on 'Waiting for install status' state for almost 2 days already since I deployed the app. The said device is active and currently compliant to...
  3. Intune App Deployment - Required install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intune App Deployment - Required install: Hi, I deployed an app package thru intune, the app was successfully installed to all the machines except for 1 device which is still on 'Waiting for install status' state for almost 2 days already since I deployed the app. The said device is active and currently compliant to...
  4. Intune App Deployment - Required install

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. MSI installed, but files are not deployed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSI installed, but files are not deployed: Hi all. I wrote a simple program and put it in an msi file, version - 1.0.0.0Installing the msi works great and all files are deployed properly Then I created an update version - 1.0.0.1Installing it results in both versions being written in add remove programsBUT, in some...
  6. MSI installed, but files are not deployed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSI installed, but files are not deployed: Hi all. I wrote a simple program and put it in an msi file, version - 1.0.0.0Installing the msi works great and all files are deployed properly Then I created an update version - 1.0.0.1Installing it results in both versions being written in add remove programsBUT, in some...
  7. MSI installed, but files are not deployed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. msiexec Deploy an MSI with script

in Windows 10 Customization
    msiexec Deploy an MSI with script: Hi I hope this is the right group. I have an application MSI that I need to deploy via group policy startup script.The MSI has a parameter I must specify so because of that I believe I must use a Batch file startup script rather than just use the software installation feature...
  9. msi package cannot be installed

msi package cannot be installed: When I try to install any msi-based program (in my case VirtualBox but also 7zip) I get following error messages: "the system could not open the specified device or file." and then "the installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a...
  10. Packaging 1809 for deployment

Packaging 1809 for deployment: So we have been struggling to get 1809 pushed out to all machines and I fear same issue will happen with 1903. Windows updates does not auto install this on domain joined computers and our automated systems dont play well with the feature updates. Im wondering what other...