Windows 10: Intune managed laptop updated to windows 11

Discus and support Intune managed laptop updated to windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,we currently have 1000+ managed devices in intune with a lock on the update to windows 11 so we can manually decide when we're ready to upgrade our... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Veelaert Matthias, Aug 19, 2022.

1. Intune managed laptop updated to windows 11

Hi,we currently have 1000+ managed devices in intune with a lock on the update to windows 11 so we can manually decide when we're ready to upgrade our environment to windows 11. However,2 of our laptops automatically updated to windows 11. I have contacted the users of these devices and they said they had nothing to do with the update to windows 11. I currently have one of these laptops in my possession. Is there a way to troubleshoot the laptop to find out why it updated to windows 11? Or do you know a reason why it could have happened?Thanks in advance!

:)

Veelaert Matthias, Aug 19, 2022

2. What's new in Microsoft Intune

What's new in Microsoft Intune

Source: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/int...ntune#may-2016

Cluster Head, Aug 19, 2022
  3. RenoFinch Win User
    SCCM / InTune Co-management license question

Hi,

If our Business is licensed via EA for Configuration Manager and we would like to transition to inTune via Co-Management, which devices will require an EMS license? Is it only the devices that migrate over to inTune as and when they move, or does the entire
    estate require an EMS license as soon as we enable Co-Management?

A lot of the literature seems to suggest "All" users require an EMS license but I'm not sure if this is an ambiguous statement referring to devices or users that are migrating.

Thanks,

RenoFinch, Aug 19, 2022
  4. Hemmelman Win User

Intune managed laptop updated to windows 11

Intune - Windows 11 Readiness - "System firmware"

I'm looking at the "Windows 11 Readiness" report in the Intune - Endpoint Analytics - Work from Anywhere section.

One of the reasons shown that a computer is not compatible with Windows 11 is "System firmware".

I understand what the "CPU family" and "TPM" reasons are referring to for why a computer isn't compatible with Windows 11, but what does the "System firmware" mean?

At first I thought maybe it meant a computer needed the BIOS to be updated to a newer version, but I've tested and proven that not to be the case. So then I thought maybe it was telling me a computer doesn't support 'Secure Boot', but that too is not the case, because when I run the "hardwarereadiness.ps1" script, it shows the Secure Boot is fine on a computer that Intune has flagged this "system firmware" as an issue.

As it stands, I can't figure out a reason why a computer Intune says isn't compatible due to "system firmware" truly can't run Windows 11, because the computers seem to run it fine in my testing. So what is Intune trying to tell me regarding the "system firmware" reason in the Window 11 readiness report?

Hemmelman, Aug 19, 2022
Thema:

Intune managed laptop updated to windows 11

1. Intune managed laptop updated to windows 11 - Similar Threads - Intune managed laptop

2. MS Intune not synching with laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Intune not synching with laptop: I have configured MS Intune on a Windows 11 Thinkpad and the laptop is showing in Intune admin Center, at some point in time the laptop stopped synching. Company Portal is installed on the laptop but the Intune Management extension is not showing on the Services list. Have...
  3. Intune - Windows Update Rings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intune - Windows Update Rings: We have multiple Windows Update Rings in Intune.They deployed to AAD groups and exclusions are set either via Filter or via exclusion groupsHowever, despite device being in the exclusion group and additionally excluded by Filter, the Update ring is applied and it shows a...
  4. Intune - Windows Update Rings

Intune - Windows Update Rings: We have multiple Windows Update Rings in Intune.They deployed to AAD groups and exclusions are set either via Filter or via exclusion groupsHowever, despite device being in the exclusion group and additionally excluded by Filter, the Update ring is applied and it shows a...
  5. Intune with Apple Business Manager federation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intune with Apple Business Manager federation: Hellosetting up ABM federations requires an azure account with Application Administrator, Cloud Application Administrator, or Global Administrator. this is a one time thing just to give the Apple app permissions to AZURE?Afterwards the users are synced with SCIM ?? this still...
  6. Intune with Apple Business Manager federation

Intune with Apple Business Manager federation: Hellosetting up ABM federations requires an azure account with Application Administrator, Cloud Application Administrator, or Global Administrator. this is a one time thing just to give the Apple app permissions to AZURE?Afterwards the users are synced with SCIM ?? this still...
  7. Block Windows 11 update in Intune

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Block Windows 11 update in Intune: Hello,I recently set up some Policies and an Update Ring in Intune regarding to Windows Updates. I set the Target to 21H2, blocked the update to Windows 11 option, and created a Feature update ring also to 21H2. Today 2 of our devices updated to Windows 11. What options we...
  8. Block Windows 11 update in Intune

Block Windows 11 update in Intune: Hello,I recently set up some Policies and an Update Ring in Intune regarding to Windows Updates. I set the Target to 21H2, blocked the update to Windows 11 option, and created a Feature update ring also to 21H2. Today 2 of our devices updated to Windows 11. What options we...
  9. Block Windows 11 update in Intune

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Intune managed laptop updated to windows 11

Intune managed laptop updated to windows 11: Hi,we currently have 1000+ managed devices in intune with a lock on the update to windows 11 so we can manually decide when we're ready to upgrade our environment to windows 11. However,2 of our laptops automatically updated to windows 11. I have contacted the users of these...